Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think the next 2 weeks will damper your playoff run.

You just can't stop bringing people down, can you? 

Man, I've been through some of the most seriously disappointing **** in this life and you just keep piling onto it.  *and I don't mean that you meant "me" personally...but when I could have lost all hope, your comments are sometimes the worst ever **** I would want to read.*  

Just sayin'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Everything that happens with this team is irrelevant until a new owner is approved.

The nfl will fast track an approval but how quickly could BOA conduct a sale?

it would sure be nice if this could be all done by Jan 1; so the new owner can get his people in and 2023 won’t be a lost season with Ron a stopgap coach if Ron bails.

It should be a straight forward deal. Only needs financial ratification from the NFL Finance Committee, and 24 votes of approval. Both pretty much a given if you get someone like Bezos putting 6B plus on the table. The money side is easily boxed off. The votes a forgone conclusion.

I hope this matter is high on the agenda at the 13-14 December league owners meeting.

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Colors should have been changed along with the name. This franchise needs a clean break from it's past. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah I go back and forth on it.  I agree with your point and at the same time cling to a bit of nostalgia about it.  Clean break along with a new stadium is probably the way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I keep wondering what happened in the 2 weeks from the very defiant postion after the Irsay comments that they were not gonna sell the team to this.  

Two things, I think:

They booed the **** out of Tanya the other day at the Colts game.

And then they flew to NYC.  Like I said, the Dan Snyder's Yacht Tracker follows where his jet and yacht go.  So he was in NYC earlier this week, I believe Monday.

I'm assuming it was there he had a meeting with Goodell or some other NFL officers.  And they showed him what's to come in the MJW report.  I'm assuming Goodell told him that he knows of 4 groups that would potentially being interested in purchasing the team from him.

Goodell most likely gave him the option of having to face the MJW report, fighting it, etc.  Which would piss off the rest of the owners, give the league a bigger black eye, and then they'd all vote to have him sell with whatever dirt is in the report about him and his tenure as owner out there for everyone to see.  Or, he can put the team up for sale now, the MJW report never goes public, gets swept under the rug and since Goodell has ownership groups ready to start negotiations, this is all done very easily and quickly.

That's the only way I can see this as having gone down.  We know that Snyder didn't ever want to change the name of the team, he came out very defiant years ago when asked.  And then he quickly caved when there were threats to lose sponsors, Nike pulled the gear from the team store, etc.  He caved FAST.

I think something similar had to have happened here.  Very defiant a couple weeks ago but in two weeks time he's come across something that will either cost him a **** ton of money or public humiliation or BOTH.  

What I outlined above seems to be pretty logical, IMO.  I think he got a whiff of what was in the MJW report and realized he'd be ****ed if he tried to fight it.  Easier to sell and save face.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The only way I'm on board with prime is if this is our new logo.

Optimusg1.jpg.b2165455794561156ca2368072f480b7.jpg

Otherwise it's just more corporate ads jammed into our heads.

Pretty funny thing to say when you’re comparing to a brand/cartoon (Transformers) that was literally created just to sell toys lol. 

Edited by Conn

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Two things, I think:

Goodell most likely gave him the option of having to face the MJW report, fighting it, etc.  Which would piss off the rest of the owners, give the league a bigger black eye, and then they'd all vote to have him sell with whatever dirt is in the report about him and his tenure aThat's the only way I can see this as having gone down.  We know that Snyder didn't ever want to change the name of the team, he came out very defiant years ago when asked.  And then he quickly caved when there were threats to lose sponsors, Nike pulled the gear from the team store, etc.  He caved FAST.

I think something similar had to have happened here.  Very defiant a couple weeks ago but in two weeks time he's come across something that will either cost him a **** ton of money or public humiliation or BOTH.  

What I outlined above seems to be pretty logical, IMO.  I think he got a whiff of what was in the MJW report and realized he'd be ****ed if he tried to fight it.  Easier to sell and save face.

Agreed. 

And he'll go down in history as a "disgraced NFL team owner who embarrassed everyone and "couldn't keep a promise". 

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Animated GIF

I'll be both Justins on that day.  (Timberlake and Beiber.)  :ols:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Two things, I think:

And then they flew to NYC.  Like I said, the Dan Snyder's Yacht Tracker follows where his jet and yacht go.  So he was in NYC earlier this week, I believe Monday.

I'm assuming it was there he had a meeting with Goodell or some other NFL officers.  And they showed him what's to come in the MJW report.  I'm assuming Goodell told him that he knows of 4 groups that would potentially being interested in purchasing the team from him.

Goodell most likely gave him the option of having to face the MJW report, fighting it, etc.  Which would piss off the rest of the owners, give the league a bigger black eye, and then they'd all vote to have him sell with whatever dirt is in the report about him and his tenure as owner out there for everyone to see.  Or, he can put the team up for sale now, the MJW report never goes public, gets swept under the rug and since Goodell has ownership groups ready to start negotiations, this is all done very easily and quickly.

That's the only way I can see this as having gone down.  We know that Snyder didn't ever want to change the name of the team, he came out very defiant years ago when asked.  And then he quickly caved when there were threats to lose sponsors, Nike pulled the gear from the team store, etc.  He caved FAST.

Add to this, the news that they already have 24 votes.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Spaceman Spiff one correction, it was the packers game, not the colts game, that people booed the **** out of Tanya at. Packers was the home game, colts was the away game. 

Other than that, I think your theory is spot on. That’s gotta be what happened. 

Whoops, you're correct.  Still drinking a bit. :) 

But also, the other thing that makes me think all of this is the part of the report that says that they already have 4 inquiries.  I don't think this story gets published and then they already have 4 inquiries in a matter of hours.  That would be VERY hard to orchestrate one, let alone 4, in that amount of time.  Whoever these 4 inquiries consist of, they HAD to have known that this was all going to come out today and they were ready to move.  They had all their ducks in a row.

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Pretty funny thing to say when you’re comparing to a brand/cartoon (Transformers) that was literally created just to sell toys lol. 

Yeah I suppose, I didn't really look at it from that angle, but at least Optimus is a bad ass sentient robot who everybody loves and is a symbol of hope and courage, where as Jeff bezos version is literally just a corporate logo.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Two things, I think:

This is a good theory and probably pretty close to the truth, if not a bullseye.  The one part I wonder is if the report still comes out but his incentive to get ahead of it is to not lose value off the franchise.  Goddell swore to Congress it would be released (I know, I know, just saying).

• Like 2