Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m wishful for them not to suck and end up with 13 points.  You can’t do that the way they are going now.  

They were good at stretching the field in the Jax and Detroit games.  Then the OL fell apart entirely.  

I think it is somewhat on Ron setting the approach.  That’s my guess.  Mostly because he’s said it out loud on a number of occasions.

It could be now we have no choice because Wentz is hurt and the OL sucks, and TH can’t throw the ball to 65% of the field, so they’re going to go back to trying ti win games 15-13. 

If they do, I’m honestly going to stop watching because it’s a road to nowhere and boring all at the same time.  

I was at the Eagles game where they tried to do it the way you’d like and the game was beyond dreadful to watch. I was at the Raiders game the season before, run dominated game and it was fun to watch a win.

I didn’t want to see Wentz throw more with his broken finger and bum ankle in the wind in Chicago.

Ill be blunt if I want a QB throwing the ball 70 percent of the time he better be a good QB, I am not convinced Wentz is good. I thought he could be but I’ve not been impressed with him.

I know some think we have a better idea how to milk Wentz’s potential than Reich did. Maybe we do will see but thus far Reich isn’t looking that dumb 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

42 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He just said getting 24 votes is not going to happen.  :(

No worries my friend. Everything has been arranged. Be patient.

I'm hearing from insiders here, on other forums, in the dark net, and from phantom whisperers in the night that the remaining owners still on the fence are waiting for the MJW report to be released.

It's expected to be a humdinger with no stone left unturned creating a scenario where even the most despicable owners, who have their own slowly decaying skeletons buried under the rose bushes, will be given enough cover and incentive to ante up and decisevely vote out "Little" Danny from their fraternity once and for all.

The fix is in. A freight train's barreling down the track at full speed heading straight for Danny and  absolutely nothing's going to stop it.

Woo woo!

image.png.249431dc2ec0aed88a5cc9aad92b85d4.png

Heh heh heh...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I've been higher on Turner than a lot of folks, but there is something really wrong at the moment.  I'm not sure if it's all Turner, or if it's some Ron influence.  

But they just aren't doing a lot of things well offensively, and they are not using their players to their strengths.

Now, I will say, Turner had a BEAUTIFUL play designed, with that wacky 4 players in the backfield look, and got exactly what he wanted, the entire defense went right, the ball went left, and he had 3 blockers and 1 defender between the ball carrier and the end-zone. 

And the OL missed blocking a DB.  And instead of a TD, it was a 5 or 6 yard gain.

I think there are times when Turner is scheming guys open, and the execution is just not there.  And I think that happens quite a bit.  And the interior of the OL being basically on ice skates is a real problem.

Having said all that, the fact he can't get the ball to Terry, run an imaginative quick game that includes slants and quick in's, runs WAY too much on early downs, doesn't use hurry-up enough, and never moves the goddamn pocket, so everybody always knows where the goddamn QB is going to be is infuriating.  There are "easy" things you can do to help an offense.  And we do none of them.  

Turner stinks.  He just does.  Nearly every OC in the league can sit in his offense and come up with some plays that scheme guys open.  Turner gets no applauds for that.

What is revealed on gameday for any coordinator is how they play the chess match, what their counters are, calling plays in expert time to fit the situation, how they are using their talent.

Turner does next to none of those, OL issues not withstanding.  Turner, like Ron, JDR, Wentz and way too many of our players simply isn't good enough.  "Good" just doesn't cut it.  You need excellence in this league.  WE. DON'T. HAVE. IT.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seeing the Giants under Schoen/Daboll walk what Rivera talks is infuriating. Disciplined, well-coached, gritty. They have a pretty good defense, and one weapon on offense to go with a bad QB. And they’re making it work and playing their asses off every week. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He just said getting 24 votes is not going to happen.  :(

Theyre giving him a chance to sell on his own terms.  He won’t.  The MJW report will then be released.  If it’s bad enough, he’s gone.  If it’s bad but not terrible, then it’s up to the stadium chase.

If he’s getting kicked out quickly, it’ll be the MJW report.  If it’s the stadium, it’ll take a few years.

Either way, this mother****er is circling the drain.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

We’re so far and away have the worst coaching staff and front office. What ron has and continues to build is an abomination. 

we’re not winning a divisional game this year 

It's not Rivera, or any of the coaches. We're watching the same script that happened every time under Snyder.

Like I said before, firing coaches is the equivalent of giving a guy with lung cancer a bottle of Robitussin because he coughed. That's treating the symptom when there's a much larger problem underlying it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Catching lastest Cooley, O line not good, Wenrtz not good, Turner not good. 

Cooley flat out said Turner is not good.  That was his quote.   Among other things, his offense is really vanilla, super easy to prepare for, especially on third down where they basically run the same three plays more or less.  Like Paulsen talked about how often they run shallow crossers. 

Wentz skittish, doesn't throw a catchable ball on short stuff, over throws them, poor touch.   He's not decisive, doesn't seem to go through progressions well -- he wonders if Turner sort of dumbed down the third down plays to adjust to that.  High low -- mesh concepts, crossing routes, all the time.   Defenses are ready for it -- its the same stuff every game. 

O line pass protection reminds him of Spurriers O lines 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's not Rivera, or any of the coaches. We're watching the same script that happened every time under Snyder.

Like I said before, firing coaches is the equivalent of giving a guy with lung cancer a bottle of Robitussin because he coughed. That's treating the symptom when there's a much larger problem underlying it all. 

We all know on a macro level you’re correct.

But zooming in to the gameday stuff, it’s still also Rivera and his staff. We’re poorly coached, undisciplined, poorly schemed, boring, and honestly not that tough. 

We all want Snyder gone firstly, but we should all also want a clean slate in conjunction with that because this coaching staff and FO are also just bad. Set up for failure? Of course. Also bad. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Dan hired the wrong guy no doubt but ever aspect beyond that has been a disaster from one man alone. Ron Rivera. 

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

No worries my friend. Everything has been arranged. Be patient.

I'm hearing from insiders here, on other forums, in the dark net, and from phantom whisperers in the night that the remaining owners still on the fence are waiting for the MJW report to be released.

It's expected to be a humdinger with no stone left unturned creating a scenario where even the most despicable owners, who have their own slowly decaying skeletons buried under the rose bushes, will be given enough cover and incentive to ante up and decisevely vote out "Little" Danny from their fraternity once and for all.

The fix is in. A freight train's barreling down the track at full speed heading straight for Danny and  absolutely nothing's going to stop it.

Woo woo!

image.png.249431dc2ec0aed88a5cc9aad92b85d4.png

Heh heh heh...

The question is how long is it going to take for the train to get here.  I imagine Dan is going to do everything possible to delay losing this team.  Could take years (?).  I just wish it would happen tomorrow.  The sooner Dan is gone, the sooner this franchise can begin rebuilding, and the sooner I can entertain the thought of buying merchandise and going to a game.

Edited by ananoman

The Dan situation needs to be resolved one way or the other this off-season.   If you can get rid of him, then do so....if not, move on.   

The constant stories of BS like " Dan is ranting with a drink in his hand" doesn't do a damn thing to get rid of  him.   All it does is force us to have to give guys like Rivera full control.

Ron was not set up to fail...Ron and crew are failing on their own....on his way to 9 losing seasons out of 12.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

11 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Dan hired the wrong guy no doubt but ever aspect beyond that has been a disaster from one man alone. Ron Rivera. 

Fine, lather, rinse, repeat. It doesn't matter who is assigned to do what, or who has what "authority." They've all been undermined by this horrid organization. Nothing ha changes or will ever change with Snyder in charge.

So go ahead and pound that Robitussin. It'll make you feel good for now, but will have no lasting effect.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The Dan situation needs to be resolved one way or the other this off-season.   If you can get rid of him, then do so....if not, move on.   

The constant stories of BS like " Dan is ranting with a drink in his hand" doesn't do a damn thing to get rid of  him.   All it does is force us to have to give guys like Rivera full control.

Ron was not set up to fail...Ron and crew are failing on their own....on his way to 9 losing seasons out of 12.  

Good coaches have failed here and bad coaches have been terrible.   Even if Ron is on the bad side, he's still set up to fail. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The constant stories of BS like " Dan is ranting with a drink in his hand" doesn't do a damn thing to get rid of  him. 

You’re so wrong it’s actually hard to read. It’s only this nonstop, never-ending accumulation of compounding BS stories that are causing all of this. The big scandals have been important obviously, but if it wasn’t for a constant drumbeat of drama and scandals these individual incidents could disappear. We should never be content to let this sit if he’s not gone this year. The fact you’re talking like this just as the tide finally begins to turn in a hopeful way shows that you STILL don’t actually understand what a problem Snyder is even though you’ve been paying lip service to it due to being called out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2