Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Christ, it’s bad enough that our frigging coach spent his offseason dicking around w a frigging name change.   Now he’s responding to this crap on frigging game day ffs……

Thanks Dan…. :(  Making our head coach focus on things he shouldn’t have to focus on, on the day of a game no less! 

6 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

So much is made up about Snyder its hilarious. He " when feels cornered paces cradling a drink..blah..blah. How absurd, where do they get this stuff. Without knowing the sources it means nothing. Now Snyder wanted and traded for Carson, give me a break. Snyder ruined RG3 career according to Breer, thats rich. RG3 insane dad had nothing to do with it telling Shanny how to run an offense.

He gave complete control to Ron and Ron blew it so now lets go back to the made up inner circle stories that are true because some reporter found someone, someone who may have an ax to grind, says Snyder is pacing around....lol

So you’re saying every bad thing reported about Dan is untrue?

Do YOU have a source? Or are you doing exactly what you’re accusing the reporters of doing (except with no risk to career/reputation)?

12 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

So much is made up about Snyder its hilarious. He " when feels cornered paces cradling a drink..blah..blah. How absurd, where do they get this stuff. Without knowing the sources it means nothing. Now Snyder wanted and traded for Carson, give me a break. Snyder ruined RG3 career according to Breer, thats rich. RG3 insane dad had nothing to do with it telling Shanny how to run an offense.

He gave complete control to Ron and Ron blew it so now lets go back to the made up inner circle stories that are true because some reporter found someone, someone who may have an ax to grind, says Snyder is pacing around....lol

Dan? Is that you?

Edited by Toe Jam
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Now that you’ve finally seen the light on this topic, just imagine how much else you are stubbornly and insistently wrong about.

Oh please dear one, explain to me everything else it is that I’m “stubbornly wrong about” 🙄 good lord I’m not a punching bag, just quit it

Listening to one of the reporters who wrote the story who was just on 106.7

Basically her take was this will all play on the stadium

A.  Dan got a major debt waiver (450 million) to buy out the minority owners

B.  He might not get a 2nd major debt waiver that he could use for the stadium because of the other debt waiver he just took

C.  Dan supposedly doesn't have the liquidity to finance the stadium himself and there is so much debt the NFL allows their owners to assume

She went into a little more detail about years back they had a good shot at getting the land around National Harbor but Dan thought he can do better and passed on the chance. The owners are pissed that he blew that considered where he's at now with the stadium. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

22 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

It’s enough of a thing for The local sports talk guys to make multiple notes of calling him Mr Snyder. It’s all over Reddit as Jokes

Oh I know it’s been a thing for over twenty years. That’s why I thought I remembered it being notable (and a sign of how much he had to suck up to Rivera at the time) that Rivera always called him Dan. 

Is it normal for these kinds of stories to release on the day of the game, and in this case before a nationally televised game?  Two weeks in a row they drop a story they obviously have been holding onto for some time, right before the team is playing.  It isn't hurting the owner or the front office by doing this since they are all likely very well aware of everything going on behind the scenes.  It's the team itself, the players that this hurts and creates distractions for.   They have 10 days off after this Thursday night game, why not drop it tomorrow or the weekend with all the other NFL news. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Thanks Dan…. :(  Making our head coach focus on things he shouldn’t have to focus on, on the day of a game no less! 

Yeah, who’s going to call all the bad challenges if Rivera’s occupied thinking about this stuff?

• Haha 6

I think the team melting down adds pressure on Dan.  

I recall some of the beat guys said they heard the FO believes a big season might help them get Virginia to reconsider on the stadium.

Feel bad for Ron and the players.  But sadly I don't really care who is collateral damage if it helps get rid of Dan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh please dear one, explain to me everything else it is that I’m “stubbornly wrong about” 🙄 good lord I’m not a punching bag, just quit it

I don’t think that was an attack on you—more of a philosophical rhetorical question, commentary on how we all grow up and, if we’re lucky, realize we actually don’t know **** about ****. Realizing we were not only wrong, but entirely backwards on something is an opportunity for a major growth moment for any person, not just you. 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Im just saying, if you failed the easiest question on the test (Is Dan Snyder a piece of ****?) for well over a decade, perhaps you should consider what other, more difficult and complex things you may be dead wrong about.  

Good time for self reflection.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Friday-Sunday is the dead news cycle.  

There is no better time to get people talking about your work than the day of the only game on TV.

And we should be happy about that. Worrying if it’s going to distract the on-field product at this point is like worrying how the paint in the nursery is going to look when your house is engulfed in flames. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Im just saying, if you failed the easiest question on the test (Is Dan Snyder a piece of ****?) for well over a decade, perhaps you should consider what other, more difficult and complex things you may be dead wrong about.  

Good time for self reflection.

Here are things I’m not “stubbornly wrong about” these days.

1) Jason Wrong is 100% AWFUL. The guy sucks 

2) wentz is playing bad football, the whole team is playing bad football. This team is TRASH

3) Rivera is an awful coach, and bad at roster construction 
4) whole team is awful. Truly pathetic and pure trash 

Now that we have that all cleared up, please just leave me alone. I’ve had enough of this ****.,

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Here are things I’m not “stubbornly wrong about” these days.

1) Jason Wrong is 100% AWFUL. The guy sucks 

2) wentz is playing bad football, the whole team is playing bad football. This team is TRASH

3) Rivera is an awful coach, and bad at roster construction 
4) whole team is awful. Truly pathetic and pure trash 

Now that we have that all cleared up, please just leave me alone. I’ve had enough of this ****.,

You’re a hard guy to offer life advice to.  Like when you couldn’t fathom that perhaps Haskins was lying about being sick…I remember telling you to recalibrate your expectations of things people will and won’t lie about or it’s gonna be a looooong life.

That was sincere, wise advice.  So was this.

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

And we should be happy about that. Worrying if it’s going to distract the on-field product at this point is like worrying how the paint in the nursery is going to look when your house is engulfed in flames. 

So true.

Not that I was all that jazzed about watching tonight to begin with, but phew - I smell a stinker coming.

38 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

one of these writers is a Pulitzer Prize winning investigative reporter. 

So you’re gonna need more than hand waving to take down his work. 

the others are well respected and one has been a beat reporter for the team for a very long time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

You’re a hard guy to offer life advice to.  Like when you couldn’t fathom that perhaps Haskins was lying about being sick…I remember telling you to recalibrate your expectations of things people will and won’t lie about or it’s gonna be a looooong life.

That was sincere, wise advice.  So was this.

Cool, we done here? Because I sure am. I have more important things to discuss with others, such as: Snyder sucks! 

sell the team, for the love of all that is holy.

The thumbs down treatment even though I said nothing wrong. Stop using me as your punching bag, @86 Snyder. I’m asking you to stop. It’s beyond annoying, and it’s frustrating. Just stop. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1