Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

52 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That made me laugh out loud. I pictured an Austin Powers movie with Dr. Evil in a lair for some reason. 

In the spirt of the Austin Powers films, Right before it launches, Bezos states "Hey, I'll be right back" and then walks out and slams the door shut.  lol

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I've been very clear on my position.   You don't like it.   You think I have Snyderitis.   No worries.  

Your posting history has made it pretty clear that using logic and reason to piece things together is not your strong suit.  It’s not surprising you’re not able to “get there” on this item.  It’s actually incredibly on brand.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Don’t buy into the media hate on RR dude. 

I haven’t seen anything negative from the media on Ron the man until that thing I just quoted today, doesn’t really have anything to do with it. I just think because his reputation has been necessary as a shield for Snyder that his “universally respected leader of men” rep is kind of overblown. I don’t think he’s a bad guy—though if I were inclined to start questioning it, that portion of the article today would be enough to get me going. 

That part of the article making Wright look like the “good guy” in all this has me pretty certain he’s one of the big sources these reporters have, especially as an NFL plant and former McKinsey scumbag. When he was hired people continually ignored my posts about how horrible of a company McKinsey is and that while rising quickly through the ranks there may be impressive, it also means that someone is a ****ing viper with very flexible morals. Of course in this circumstance if he’s using those abilities to take Snyder down then I don’t really care. But people’s insistence that Wright was some sort of positive presence—I could never get on board with that even before all the missteps, for which he’s taken lots of bullets for Snyder. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Is that a trick question?

The team is 1-4.  Ron & crew are failing.   Ron said "Quarterback".   It's almost like Ron knew this story was coming out this week and got ahead of it.    Blaming the QB and then having it be Dan's guy..."See, it's not my fault.  It's Dan"   

You were saying?

Again, you just scramble to find reasons Dan is not at fault for x, y or z.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You were saying?

Wait…..wouldn’t “see, it’s not my fault, it’s Dan” mean exactly that Dan IS at fault? 

@FLSkinz83 I’m referring to your “see, it’s not my fault, it’s Dan”. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You were saying?

Maybe I was a bit unclear there, as I was meaning to refer to Ron's crew.  That's why I mentioned Hurney later.   

Edited by FLSkinz83

39 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Your job has taught you how to stay on message.   You do it well :)  

you stay on message yourself.  You say you don't care for Dan but you spend a lot of time defending him -- questioning the attacks, etc.  The opposite of love is indifference.  You certainly don't seem indifferent to Dan being under seige. 

I wasn't quite where you are at now about 10 years ago but that was the last time I gave Dan any benefit of the doubt.  I didn't care for him then. But my anger was much more on Shanny.  I thought Dan likely stopped interferring.  I didn't think it was easy to win with Dan but I didn't think its impossible.

So i can relate to some of your thoughts bringing back my 2013 self.

But the 2022 version of me believes the worst in Dan. Why?  It's not because i am staying on message like its my job to attack Dan.  Sports is fun for me.  it's not a job/

A.  the sample size is almost 25 years now.  This isn't a new rodeo.  this is rereun after rerun of the same crap.

B.  Dan is hardly ever vindicated over time with any of these stories.  If past is prologue, the odds that the reality is WORSE than what was said is much higher than it being BS.

As Phillips among others said reporters are really careful with Dan stories because he sues at the drop of a hat. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Dan is a wicked vindictive little man. I wouldn't put anything past him. 

There was a time when I gave him benefit of doubt (as a business owner myself) even though I knew he was an idiot and not very football operations smart and he just needs to find the right GM to run the operations. So much for that too. Thought he would learn and change. But apparently he just keeps on digging and digging non-stop to his own grave. Can't come soon enough. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

I haven’t seen anything negative from the media on Ron the man until that thing I just quoted today, doesn’t really have anything to do with it. I just think because his reputation has been necessary as a shield for Snyder that his “universally respected leader of men” rep is kind of overblown. I don’t think he’s a bad guy—though if I were inclined to start questioning it, that portion of the article today would be enough to get me going. 

That part of the article making Wright look like the “good guy” in all this has me pretty certain he’s one of the big sources these reporters have, especially as an NFL plant and former McKinsey scumbag. When he was hired people continually ignored my posts about how horrible of a company McKinsey is and that while rising quickly through the ranks there may be impressive, it also means that someone is a ****ing viper with very flexible morals. Of course in this circumstance if he’s using those abilities to take Snyder down then I don’t really care. But people’s insistence that Wright was some sort of positive presence—I could never get on board with that even before all the missteps, for which he’s taken lots of bullets for Snyder. 

I was actually just yanking your chain about a prior exchange we had about Wince.🙂 However, I absolutely agree with you about the McKinsey stuff. I probably should have given that a bit more weight when he was hired. That said, if he's helping take Farquaad down, I'm loving him and to the extent he learned any of those skills at McKinsey, we can consider it a very small down payment on the penance they owe.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I reread that article.

My vibe of it is almost like one of those movies where the villain doesn't care of the whole things burns if they don't get their way and is daring the protagnist to test them on it.

Owners be brave, test him. 

Everyone knows the best way to handle blackmail is to not buckle under, even if that means preemptively airing your own dirty laundry. If the owners let this ride, they'll all but elevate him to running the league. It will also set a bad precedent that other owners would be forced to emulate to correct the balance of power. For a monopoly that works largely due to the owners' mutual cooperation, especially in keeping their mouths shut, I'd think letting Farquaad get away with this would be an existential mistake. I hope the other owners see it that way.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So you think Ron told Hurney or someone in his camp to lie to the press?

Bruh…

Or could have been Hurney himself.  He's a Media guy.    These guys need a scapegoat for their failures.     It's also possible it  was Morocco Brown.   

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

1) I'm halfway between @Skinsinparadise and @Thinking Skins on the report: it's a lot of specificity we haven't heard before, but nothing all that conceptually new about Dan.

2) On Wentz: I don't know if the idea came from Dan or Ron. But interestingly, their incentives are actually aligned. Both Ron and Dan desperately need a marquee franchise quarterback. For Ron, it's the only way to win a Super Bowl. For Dan, it's one of the only ways to get back in the good graces of the other owners.

3) The Stadium is everything. If Dan gets his stadium, he's in for life. If he can't or is prevented from doing so, he's sunk.

4) Who authorized this expose? The other owners? Roger? Bezos?

5) If I were in the NFL mafia, here would be my compromise position: tell Dan the league will help him stay in ownership and build a new stadium... in a different city. Move the team: St. Louis, Europe, Toronto, OKC, Sacramento, Salt Lake, anywhere. Get him out of Washington - the name has changed anyway - and get Bezos & Peyton into Washington to save the media market. DC is just too large and politically important as a media market to let it languish under Snyder. He can keep *a* team, even *this* team, but not *here*. Everybody gets a version of what they want. Dan stays an owner, the other owners get the financial pop of a resurgent Washington franchise, and not that we as fans matter to anybody, but we get a fresh start. The Washington Redwolves. Or the Washington Prime. Whatever. It's hope.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

5) If I were in the NFL mafia, here would be my compromise position: tell Dan the league will help him stay in ownership and build a new stadium... in a different city. Move the team: St. Louis, Europe, Toronto, OKC, Sacramento, Salt Lake, anywhere. Get him out of Washington 

I don't think Dan's ego would ever let him give in to such a thing, and what city is going to want to deal with Snyder?  We are seemingly stuck with him at this point, but who would voluntarily give him anything even if it's to get an NFL team?  Here's the deal, you get a team, but Dan Snyder is the owner.

Voters would look at their decision makers like they were completely nuts.

The guy is toxic.