Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

People still don’t get that the reason you hire a young offensive minded HC is so that they cannot be stolen from you if you manage to pair them with a franchise QB. Then they just cycle through a pipeline of OC’s and assistants over the years if they’re successful, but they are the constant and the brain behind the offense. Rather than having a defensive minded HC and losing the hot young OC to another HC opportunity the moment the offense actually succeeds and a QB is developed (hypothetically, in dream land which is the only place any of this matters).

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

19 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Why does that not look like Dan? Looks like a legit stand in

Must’ve shaved for the picture, he’s had a beard for a couple years now I think (I read somewhere it was some tradition to honor his mom that died or something). 

also, the team would’ve been better off just not posting the picture at all. Almost every comment is “a 1-4 team doesn’t deserve a picture”, or “shouldn’t have even bothered with a picture” (never mind the fact that all 32 teams have picture day during the season…..)

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Well, I think Snyder would obviously have to approve the hire, but I think the GM would lead the process.

I've already made my prediction....it will be Rick Smith and DeMeco Ryans.   

I'd be cool with Smith and Ryans.  I'm surprised Smith hasn't gotten a 2nd GM gig yet after Houston.  He and Kubiak had a good thing going for a while, just couldn't beat the Patriots and then Matt Schaub's game fell off a cliff.

I'd rather go with an offensive HC but Ryans is intriguing enough I'd give him a shot.

55 minutes ago, Conn said:

Because you haven’t seen him wear a suit in what feels like a decade 

And when he does wear a suit, he gets it tailored to the size he wishes he was vs. his actual size. 

Either that or billionaire Dan buys off the rack from Burlington Coat Factory.  That would explain a lot.

——————

And @NickyJ I’m literally LOL.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Shien really stating the obvious here, but more about that clown. 

You really can't take anything Shien says seriously. He sat there and blasted Rivera week after week for a year or 2 before he got fired by Carolina. Then Rivera was fired and he had a celebration. Then a couple months later he said what a great hire he was for Washington. 

He did the exact same thing with McCarthy in GB then Dallas. He blasted McCarthy for years. Schein is a huge Rodgers fanboy so naturally he'd win a SB every year after McCarthy was gone. Then Dallas hires McCarthy and he starts talking like Dallas is the front runner for the NFC, meanwhile Rodgers still can't win playoff games. 

He pretends to be a fan of whatever team the fan calling is for. He's just a mouth. It also never stops. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

If Payton ever came here, it would be another coach centric situation and he wouldn't have to worry about ownership and the GM being on the same page.

He would have total control like Ron and be able to bring in his own personnel guys.

I've heard for 23 years how nobody of substance would ever work for Dan....I remember Marty saying he would never work for an owner like Dan...and then a few months later he was working for Dan.....Nobody thought Dan could land Spurrier.....Gibbs?  No way would someone like Gibbs work for Dan......Shanny?   Why would he ever come here?

The problem with all these guys (minus Spurrier) is that they were good/great with good personnel people with them.   I don't believe Shanny or Marty had final say in other spots and neither did Gibbs.

Bottom line...Dan needs to stay away from the coach centric model....he's 0 for 4, including Ron.  

Dan has done 2 things over the years:

He alternates between giving control to his coaches and taking control for him and his puppet Gm.  He tends to lock onto a candidate and works to get him.

2001- Dan 1st search. I don’t remember who we interviewed. We know he wanted Gibbs then but Gibbs said no. I was surprised he hired Marty. I think it was an ego hire. Dan gave Marty control.

2002- Danny had already made his mind to move on , during the 2001 season. Danny went to Florida during the season I think and talked to Steve. Everyone knew Steve would likely be the next coach. Dan took control thru his puppet Gm, Vinny.

2004- Dan interviewed some candidates but he was locked into luring  Gibbs. This time he got Joe and gave Joe control, with puppet Vinny assisting Joe.

2008- Dan wanted Fassell but fans scared him off. So, he let Vinny hire Zorn. Dan back in control thru Puppet Vinny.

2010- The moment Shanny was fired, Dan wanted him. He went to Denver but Shanny said no.  He got him a year later and gave Shanny control and hired Bruce.

2014- Dan took back control thru new puppet Bruce. He let Bruce hire Jay. Bruce was locked onto Jay.

2020- Dan got in early by having talks with Ron. He apparently hedged his vets and talked to Rick Smith. Wow, Dan going the traditional Gm route? Nope. He gave his new coach Ron the power.

Ron took this job because he knew he wouldn’t get this kind of power anywhere else.  After being fired, this appealed to Ron. Ron wouldn’t have taken this job otherwise.

2023/2024-  Dan will take his power back. Likely, thru a new puppet Gm. His new Vinny/ Bruce. Martin has good shot of keeping the gig. If not him, it will be some other puppet. Dan will not hire a real Gm. If he didn’t do it in 2020 when he had a chance; he isn’t doing it now.  Yeah, there will be someone with the title but Dan will control things behind the scenes. Dan will have a say in big free agent signings and the 1st round draft pick.

Quality coaches will stay from this franchise. Dan will let his Gm probably hire who he wants but it won’t be a quality candidate.  Given the past history of this franchise and the uncertainty of Dan being the long term owner. Dan could be involved in the fight to remove him as owner; by the time an opening occurs. Also, Dan obviously has financial issues.

The next guy likely to be cheap. A retread like Lovie Smith just desperate to have an nfl job or some no name assistant like another Jim Zorn.

The quality coaches like Sean will have better options. Also, Saints have the rights to Sean until 24. So, any team signing him will have to give Saints compensation. Likely, a high round pick.  As for traditional Gm. Never happening. It’s not in Dan’s dna.

Dan is predictable and I don’t expect him to change his habits post Ron, whether that happens after this season or next.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

22 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We are team owned by Dan Snyder. There is no hope, ever.

HAVING hope, and anything ever resulting from said hope, are two different things though, which was my point. People CAN have hope, it’s just that the hope that people have won’t ever result in anything positive