Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

If Payton ever came here, it would be another coach centric situation and he wouldn't have to worry about ownership and the GM being on the same page.

He would have total control like Ron and be able to bring in his own personnel guys.

I've heard for 23 years how nobody of substance would ever work for Dan....I remember Marty saying he would never work for an owner like Dan...and then a few months later he was working for Dan.....Nobody thought Dan could land Spurrier.....Gibbs?  No way would someone like Gibbs work for Dan......Shanny?   Why would he ever come here?

The problem with all these guys (minus Spurrier) is that they were good/great with good personnel people with them.   I don't believe Shanny or Marty had final say in other spots and neither did Gibbs.

Bottom line...Dan needs to stay away from the coach centric model....he's 0 for 4, including Ron.  

• Like 1

"When looking at head coaching vacancies - @SeanPayton says that he doesn’t care who the QB is if the ownership and front office group are not on the same page."

I would argue that ownership and the front office here ARE on the same page. And on that page it says Snyder will secretly make all the decisions, and everyone below him will pretend to do their jobs while publicly denying Snyder's involvement.

That's why this organization continues to be dismal, because it's staffed with yes-men who can't and won't challenge the boss. Healthy organizations allow everyone to have input and delegate authorities.

Being on the same page doesn't help when that page contains outright lies, typos, and misinformation.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

Followed  by the list of guys who "fought their guts out"

Or are "super smart."

One of my favorites from Gibbs was during the 1990 season when the team was inconsistent. He said he didn't know who would show up on Sunday "Elmer and the boys or a pretty good football team."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

Hopefully this works.  Sorry for the first post.

He might as well have said 'I wont ever go to Washington' smh  

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That interview solidifies what a lot of us have been saying for a long time now.  

Right. Just @ me next time bro sheesh 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

If Payton ever came here, it would be another coach centric situation and he wouldn't have to worry about ownership and the GM being on the same page.

Just because it’s ‘coach centric’ doesn’t mean ownership doesn’t cause problems though.

I agree that coach centric is not the way to go.  But whether it’s a GM hiring the coach or the coach hiring the GM, ownership can still present problems.

The one card Dan has yet to play is hiring a GM and allowing him to pick the coach....a real GM, not a Bruce/Vinny type.

I'm highly confident this will be the next direction.   He will hire someone he knows....Rick Smith, Riddick, Morocco Brown, Mayhew.....that guy will pick his coach and have final say on personnel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The one card Dan has yet to play is hiring a GM and allowing him to pick the coach....a real GM, not a Bruce/Vinny type.

I'm highly confident this will be the next direction.   He will hire someone he knows....Rick Smith, Riddick, Morocco Brown, Mayhew.....that guy will pick his coach and have final say on personnel

Wondering how you're highly confident in Doofus Dan doing anything that would be considered to be intelligent, based on a quarter century of previous history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Wondering how you're highly confident in Doofus Dan doing anything that would be considered to be intelligent, based on a quarter century of previous history.

Well, to be fair the GM choices he thinks Snyder will pick from demote it from being intelligent to just the next disappointment. And he’d still interfere whenever he wants. I could see that scenario being the future and still being bad. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Well, to be fair the GM choices he thinks Snyder will pick from demote it from being intelligent to just the next disappointment. And he’d still interfere whenever he wants. I could see that scenario being the future and still being bad. 

Right, those names inspire no confidence in me.  

I also don’t see him giving any of those guys carte blanche to hire the coach.  Zero chance Snyder wouldn’t influence that decision.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Fair enough.  "highly confident" is the wrong wording.  I had a Rivera moment.    Let's just say, I think that's what will happen next.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Fair enough.  "highly confident" is the wrong wording.  I had a Rivera moment.    Let's just say, I think that's what will happen next.

It will probably be Doug Williams or even Jason Wright. Maybe even Matt Millen.

Or maybe his son Gerry who graduates college in a couple of years.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, those names inspire no confidence in me.  

I also don’t see him giving any of those guys carte blanche to hire the coach.  Zero chance Snyder wouldn’t influence that decision.

Well, I think Snyder would obviously have to approve the hire, but I think the GM would lead the process.

I've already made my prediction....it will be Rick Smith and DeMeco Ryans.   

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Well, I think Snyder would obviously have to approve the hire, but I think the GM would lead the process.

I've already made my prediction....it will be Rick Smith and DeMeco Ryans.   

Snyder won’t go defensive minded HC again right after Rivera, he’ll flip it to offense knowing that our offensive weapons are the only potential strength on the team.

Edited by Conn

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

...The problem with all these guys (minus Spurrier) is that they were good/great with good personnel people with them.   I don't believe Shanny or Marty had final say in other spots and neither did Gibbs.

Bottom line...Dan needs to stay away from the coach centric model....he's 0 for 4, including Ron.  

There, fixed it for you.  Everything else is pointless and theres no other way theres any success.

• Like 1

I’d rather go with DeMeco Ryans than Eric Bienimey. But, I think Shanny will talk Ryan’s out of that move. He knows first hand what a crap organization this is. Unless, of course, he hates Ryans. 

I just want a really good GM to hire a coach that knows how to delegate. Hires people smarter than them to run their respective positions. It would be nice to get an offensive guy, but, the proper coaching hires can eliminate that as a need. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

GM: "Hi, Dan! After interviewinga few candidates I've decided to hire Coach Schmidt as our future HC? Are you OK with that?"

Dan:"What about coach Suckaboo?! He had great results in Pee Wee league last year and my son played QB for him!"

GM: "I've interviewed him but he really sucks, he doesn't know the difference between a Long Snapper and a Center!"

Dan:"Great! I'm glad you're thinking like me, I'll give him a call to sign him tomorrow to a 5 years 100 millions $!"

GM:"But Dan, I..."

Dan, interrupting him: "It's Mr. Snyder!"

Yeah,that can definately happen.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1