Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

This latest PR hitwoman will be gone in a few months, this new level of propaganda means nothing lol.

She is hilariously bad at this. If there is one organization in all of pro sports that should be over the top apologetic it’s this one. Her tweets read like they came straight from Dan’s id. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

My point is that a new owner doesn't mean winning....in fact, it could be even worse.   The 3 new owners have been worse as it relates to football the past 10 years.

I'm not arguing with anyone about non football issues as it relates to Dan.   He's a douche, social misfit, Immature, etc.....Would it be better if he sold the team?   Sure.

Worse, how exactly?  We are an abomination from top to bottom.

Whats the worst thing that could happen - the new owner loses a lot of games?  Perhaps they could even lose enough to select at the top of the draft.

Not a chance new ownership could be as smug and incompetent as this one.  0% chance.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

My point is that a new owner doesn't mean winning....in fact, it could be even worse.   The 3 new owners have been worse as it relates to football the past 10 years.

I'm not arguing with anyone about non football issues as it relates to Dan.   He's a douche, social misfit, Immature, etc.....Would it be better if he sold the team?   Sure.

Eh, you can’t say that about the Panthers because it’s only been 5 years.  For the Browns, maybe Washington has a better overall record the past 10 years, but the Browns have been .500 for the four years coming into this season.  That’s something Washington has been able to do this century.  So the Browns have definitely been trending better than Washington and are in a better position to be competitive going forward.

Haslem’s team also has an 11 win season, something that Snyder has avoided his entire tenure.

Edited by Ball Security

10 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

https://twitter.com/jeanmedina/status/1579302541099048960

She is calling people "trolls".

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure he’s referring to the tweet where she said “not new to Washington. Or trolls”, and posted a “hello” gif. Granted, it was in response to someone saying “we hate Snyder and we hate you too”. 

(whoever posted the tweet in here a couple pages back edited out the tweet cause the gif sent to her was a biiiiit graphic)

8 minutes ago, rockluc said:

(screenshot of tweet)

Is this the only time she called anyone a "troll"? (asking honestly)...for me personally I don't have a problem whatsoever in her response to that specific tweet...for a team mired in sexual harassment charges and claims, welcoming a new female Washington employee with a drawing of a penis up against Leo's lips was, um, ill-conceived at best. Reminded me a little of the guy on twitter who asked Julie Donaldson on Twitter right after she was hired if Snyder asked her to suck his dick (he felt he was slamming Snyder, not her)...her response was perfect and professional. But if Julie had instead called him a "troll" I wouldn't exactly have been upset by it.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Worse, how exactly?  We are an abomination from top to bottom.

Whats the worst thing that could happen - the new owner loses a lot of games?  Perhaps they could even lose enough to select at the top of the draft.

Not a chance new ownership could as smug and incompetent as this one.  0% chance.

Hmmm...let's see...

1)  We could have had a winless season and drafted Mayfield #1

2) We could have hired Urban Meyer

3) We could have fired two coaches mid season in the first 5 years of ownership.  

These are just a few examples.

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Eh, you can’t say that about the Panthers because it’s only been 5 years.  For the Browns, maybe Washington has a better overall record the past 10 years, but the Browns have been .500 for the four years coming into this season.  That’s something Washington has been able to do this century.  So the Browns have definitely been trending better than Washington and are in a better position to be competitive going forward.

Haslem’s team also has an 11 win season, something that Snyder has avoided his entire tenure.

The Browns have been under .500 every years under Haslem except for 2020.

16 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

3) We could have fired two coaches mid season in the first 5 years of ownership.  

Ummm lol...

giphy.gif

Snyder's first 5 years:

- Fired Turner mid-season

- Fired Schottenheimer after 1 season

- Caused Spurrier to quit after 2 seasons

Not really any better, and arguably worse lol.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
I was reminded that Spurrier quit lol...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol and then there’s Jason Wrong, who was up at 1:30 AM replying to somebody on twitter that tweeted that Kevin Sheehan reported that Jean Medina was a Snyder hire, and that Wright wasn’t involved in that

wright basically said “I led the process and hired her, if Kevin had a question he could’ve called and asked me. That loss was brutal and we need to be better immediately, but no need to make stuff up tonight”

uhhh, taking credit for hiring someone that’s currently arguing with fans on twitter isn’t doing what you think it’s doing my guy 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

1) Taking Mayfield in 2018 wouldn't have been that crazy because they just lost Kirk and needed a quarterback.

2) They could have, but they didn't.  If they did, I doubt Snyder moves on from him after 1 season and brings in Pederson.

3) He did fire 3 coaches in the first 5 years of ownership, one mid season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Ummm lol...

giphy.gif

Snyder's first 5 years:

- Fired Turner mid-season

- Fired Schottenheimer after 1 season

- Fired Spurrier 2 two seasons

Not really any better, and arguably worse lol.

Snyder's first 5 years were....10-6 (playoff win), 8-8, 8-8, 7-9, 5-11 (not very good...love the ole ball coach)

Tepper first 5 years.....7-9, 5-11, 5-11, 5-12, 1-4

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

lol and then there’s Jason Wrong, who was up at 1:30 AM replying to somebody on twitter that tweeted that Kevin Sheehan reported that Jean Medina was a Snyder hire, and that Wright wasn’t involved in that

wright basically said “I led the process and hired her, if Kevin had a question he could’ve called and asked me. That loss was brutal and we need to be better immediately, but no need to make stuff up tonight”

uhhh, taking credit for hiring someone that’s currently arguing with fans on twitter isn’t doing what you think it’s doing my guy 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, but letting misinformation take hold as conventional wisdom "fact" on social media isn't any better. Plus I guess he was kinda calling out the media for not doing the basic step of asking lol...

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Hmmm...let's see...

No, instead we got an owner who in 23 years has tanked everything he’s been a part of including our team, that when he inherited it was one of the most historic franchises and largest fanbases in all of professional sport.

23 freaking years, man.  We are 23 years in and this dude has burnt this whole thing to the ground and has no means to rebuild it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Snyder's first 5 years were....10-6 (playoff win), 8-8, 8-8, 7-9, 5-11 (not very good...love the ole ball coach)

Your point that I singled out and responded to was about Tepper firing two head coaches in 5 years. And in fact, Snyder firing THREE head coaches in 5 years while they were doing significantly better than the coaches Tepper fired may make those decisions worse lol...

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I think Spurrier actually beat Snyder to the punch and resigned while on the golf course.

Ah, ok...I thought he got a call either right before or right after the season from Snyder.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You aren't making the argument you think you are.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Your point that I singled out and responded to was about Tepper firing two head coaches in 5 years. And in fact, Snyder firing THREE head coaches in 5 years while they were doing significantly better than the coaches Tepper fired may make those decisions worse lol...

firing two coaches in 5 years isn't a big deal....firing two coaches mid season is a bigger deal.  Dan fired one mid season and I agree that was a mistake.  

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No, instead we got an owner who in 23 years has tanked everything he’s been a part of including our team, that when he inherited it was one of the most historic franchises and largest fanbases in all of professional sport.

23 freaking years, man.  We are 23 years in and this dude has burnt this whole thing to the ground and has no means to rebuild it.

Hence my sig lol...

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

You aren't making the argument you think you are.  

My basic point is that a new owner doesn't necessarily mean better results.   I'm not arguing for Dan.   There are many clown owners in sports and we happen to have one them.

But believe it or not, clown owners stumble into success.  I'm not saying that will happen here, but I can't accept that we're all F'ed until Dan sells.   

If I accepted that; then what's the point of watching and caring?    It's not in my blood to stop caring.   I can't imagine ever doing it, no matter how bad it gets.  

• Like 1

Rhule gets fired after 2 and a quarter seasons. He had 2 terrible drafts and still no long term answer at QB. Sound familiar? The days of giving a coach and a QB years are over. What Cincy did last season was unbelievable and is the new standard. Of course Dan won't get it though. I can see it now, next season Rivera will have the same old presses about this is a process and to be patient.  

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

But believe it or not, clown owners stumble into success.  I'm not saying that will happen here, but I can't accept that we're all F'ed until Dan sells.   

He's had 23 years to stumble into success and has gotten in the way of it multiple times.  He fired Turner with a record of 17-12.  Fired Schottenheimer after one 8-8 season.  Forced Spurrier into drafting Ramsey.  He hired Zorn first as an offensive coordinator, and then named him the head coach.  He wanted to trade 3 first rounders for Jay Cutler.  He pushed for McNabb.  He chose his "star" quarterback over a proven NFL head coach in 2013.  He actually lucked into drafting a franchise quarterback in 2012, and they let him walk for nothing in 2018.  He forced the team to draft Haskins.  I don't doubt he also was heavily involved in the decision to pursue Wentz.  

And this is just the on the field issues.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1