Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Darth Vadar is the perfect analogy, that's who Jason works for, maybe more the Emperor but close enough.

Greg Easterbrook used to refer to Dan as Lord Voldemort. I thought that was funny.  

On the Star Wars comparison, I don't think Dan is either Emperor Palpatine or Darth Vader.  Palpy was massively smart, manipulated the entire Republic, schemed to be the leader of BOTH sides of a galactic war, played the senate, and then seamlessly took power and ruled the galaxy.  He was massively evil, powerful, cunning and smart.  Dan is none of those things.  

Vader was massively powerful, willing to be ruthless in the service of his master, and basically was a hired thug.  (I know it goes deeper, and a lot of SW is the story of the damnation and redemption of Anekin Skywalker.  But let's just leave that aside for the moment.  Vader in the suit was basically Palplatine's biggest hit man.)  

Dan isn't anywhere NEAR smart enough or skilled enough to pull off what Palpy did.  He's not anywhere near as powerful.  If there is a Palpy in the NFL, it's Jerrah.  

And Dan isn't really a hit-man for anybody.  Nor is he powerful enough to be Vader.  And Vader kindof wins a lot (except to Kenobi and then at the end to Luke.)  Dan doesn't win enough.  Dan could not have pulled off that last scene in Rogue one.  He would have stepped on his cape and his own light saber would have gone up his nose.  

I think Dan is more akin to ... I don't know the character's name. But it's a Star Destroyer Commander in Star Wars Rebels, who appears at the beginning of season 2.  He really gets everything wrong, his ship traps Vader in a tractor beam (instead of the rebel ship), and then says, "It's not your fault, captain.  But Lord Vader will never know that."  (Implying that Vader was probably going to force-choke the poor captain to death while he saves his own skin. But he's a high ranking officer, gets to command a star destroyer, and is part of the Imperial High Command.  And is completely incompetent.  He's got a good life, is part of the elite, but totally incompetent.  

That's the comp.  A successful officer, who is completely incompetent and willing to sacrifice his own crew to save his own skin.  

PS: If anybody hasn't seen Rebels, it's a great watch. 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:56 PM, samy316 said:

I was just about to post this.  I bet we’re the only team Week 1 that won’t have full attendance.  Considering the opponent, we might be lucky to have half of Fed-Ex filled.  This is going to be a painful season to watch us play home games.  There’s only one way to change that, and that’s by winning games.  We HAVE to start the season off with a winning streak to get fans enthusiastic and willing to come back to the stadium.  If we fall on our face out of the gate against Jacksonville Week 1, then we will be off to a terrible start, and Fed-Ex will be a ghost town by October.

I think the attendance story at FedEx yesterday was a positive one when compared to last season, but according to the often cited ESPN stats, we were still last in both total attendees and percent capacity for the reported week 1 games so far (Tennessee isn't on the list as of now, and we have Seattle up tonight):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

On 9/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, Rocky21 said:

Nope.  Sold out of the official team truck parked beside the official team store.  #ClownShoes

I will go ahead and write Jason Wright's apology press conference for him:

"We made a mistake that we shouldn't have. I take full responsibility. My bad. Obviously our attention to detail was lacking, and there is no excuse. However, please remember we have a lot of fine people working for this organization and small things will be missed from time to time. Still, my bad."

(Pauses to take sip from coffee mug with the 'W' logo superimposed over the state of Washington on it)

"On the other hand, most NFL fans probably didn't know there were two Washingtons in the first place. They don't even teach that in my kid's elementary school these days anyway. You know how many Washingtons there are? There's a Washington in Virginia! Most fans can't find their own state on a map, and we didn't want the fine work by a few thousand underpaid Chinese laborers to go to waste. But still, my bad."

(PHONE RINGS, JASON ANSWERS) "Hello? Yes, Tanya I fell on my sword for you and Dan. No one will ever know. Yes, I'll pick up another free agent on the way home. Milk, too. Bye." (HANGS UP)

"Now where was I? Did I mention I take full responsibility for this? If not, I do. Is this microphone still on? Hello??"

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Its tough to rag after an exciting win like today's, but when do you start calling crap like this simply unprofessional?   Pollin is correct, simply stunning inattention to detail.

People have been calling it unprofessional for 30 years, I'm not exactly sure it has to start.... (They're not wrong, either..  Just saying, it's been going on a while.)

7 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

Nope.  Sold out of the official team truck parked beside the official team store.  #ClownShoes

Yeah, I saw that later. But to be fair, it was the someone on the NFL’s side that made those mugs, not someone in the organization. I chalk this one up to the team just trying to eat the cost on something the league screwed up on

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, I saw that later. But to be fair, it was the someone on the NFL’s side that made those mugs, not someone in the organization. I chalk this one up to the team just trying to eat the cost on something the league screwed up on

Eating the cost would be tossing them into the dumpster. This is trying to make the money back. 

• Like 4

On 9/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Greg Easterbrook used to refer to Dan as Lord Voldemort. I thought that was funny.  

On the Star Wars comparison, I don't think Dan is either Emperor Palpatine or Darth Vader.  Palpy was massively smart, manipulated the entire Republic, schemed to be the leader of BOTH sides of a galactic war, played the senate, and then seamlessly took power and ruled the galaxy.  He was massively evil, powerful, cunning and smart.  Dan is none of those things.  

Vader was massively powerful, willing to be ruthless in the service of his master, and basically was a hired thug.  (I know it goes deeper, and a lot of SW is the story of the damnation and redemption of Anekin Skywalker.  But let's just leave that aside for the moment.  Vader in the suit was basically Palplatine's biggest hit man.)  

Dan isn't anywhere NEAR smart enough or skilled enough to pull off what Palpy did.  He's not anywhere near as powerful.  If there is a Palpy in the NFL, it's Jerrah.  

And Dan isn't really a hit-man for anybody.  Nor is he powerful enough to be Vader.  And Vader kindof wins a lot (except to Kenobi and then at the end to Luke.)  Dan doesn't win enough.  Dan could not have pulled off that last scene in Rogue one.  He would have stepped on his cape and his own light saber would have gone up his nose.  

I think Dan is more akin to ... I don't know the character's name. But it's a Star Destroyer Commander in Star Wars Rebels, who appears at the beginning of season 2.  He really gets everything wrong, his ship traps Vader in a tractor beam (instead of the rebel ship), and then says, "It's not your fault, captain.  But Lord Vader will never know that."  (Implying that Vader was probably going to force-choke the poor captain to death while he saves his own skin. But he's a high ranking officer, gets to command a star destroyer, and is part of the Imperial High Command.  And is completely incompetent.  He's got a good life, is part of the elite, but totally incompetent.  

That's the comp.  A successful officer, who is completely incompetent and willing to sacrifice his own crew to save his own skin.  

PS: If anybody hasn't seen Rebels, it's a great watch. 

https://www.commanders.com/team/front-office-roster/commandalorian-aaron

speaking of star wars I’m apparently a member of the front office now 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don't exactly know where to put this, but since this is the Coaching/FO thread (in addition to Ownership) I guess it fits here.

Key Players on the roster who played or would have yesterday 

QB: Wentz (Trade)

RB: Gibson (Drafted)

RB: McKissic (FA, then re-signed)

RB: Robinson (Drafted) ** Granted, wasn't available due to being shot, but will play when available

TE: Thomas (FA, then re-signed)

TE: Bates (Drafted)

TE: Rodgers (UDFA)

TE: Turner (Drafted) ** Granted, didn't play, but will when healthy

LT: Leno (FA, then re-signed)

LG: Norwell

C : Rouiller (Drafted, re-signed

RG: Schweitzer (FA), Turner (FA)

RT: Cosmi (Drafted)

Reserve OL: Lucas (FA, re-signed)

Reserve OL: Charles (Drafted)

WR: McLaurin (Drafted, re-signed)

WR: Dotson (Drafted)

WR: Samuel (FA)

WR: Cam Sims (UDFA, re-signed) Played and had a target

WR: Dax Milne (Drafted) Was the primary returner and had a target.

On offense, that's 10 players who were drafted, 2 of whom have been re-signed.  2 UDFAs, one of which re-signed.  7 FAs, 4 of whom have re-signed.  1 trade.

Defense:

DE: Chase Young (Drafted)

DE: Montez Sweat (Drafted

DE: William Bradley-King (Drafted)

DE: Toney (Drafted)

DE: Toohill (Drafted)

DE: Efe Obada (FA)

DE: Daniel Wise (Drafted)

DT: Jonathan Allen (Drafted, Re-signed)

DT: Daron Payne (Drafted)

DT: P. Mathis (Drafted)

LB: Holcomb (Drafted)

LB: Davis (Drafted)

LB: Eifert (FA)

LB: Bostic (FA)

LB: Mayo (FA)

CB: Fuller (FA)

CB: WJIII (FA)

CB: St. Juste

Safety: Curl (Drafted)

Safety: McCain (FA, re-signed)

Safety: Butler (Drafted)

Safety: Forrest (Drafted)

Safety: Reaves (FA)

That's 14 drafted players, one re-signed (so far).  8 FAs.  ** I counted Fuller as a FA, even though he was drafted here, because he left and then was brought back as a FA.

So, the point: We've been asking the team to draft and develop players.  They are absolutely doing that.  It couldn't be more clear the roster building strategy is to draft, develop, and then add a piece here or there.  So far.  

The issue with this approach, it does take a little while to actually develop the players you draft.  Not all of them will work out. 

Forrest was a 5th round pick last year, and this year he's starting (due to injury, I get it) in the opener and played well.

The big problem with this strategy is it takes patience.  And our fan base is massively short on patience (which I can understand.)  

But the number of times I read a first or second year guy is a bust before they've had a chance to develop is astounding.  You can't pass judgment on guys quickly in this strategy. 

Which is why D.Brown is still on the roster.  They're not going to give up on him just yet.  They might by the end of training camp next season, but not yet. (This is just an example. I don't mean to turn this into a discussion of D. Brown.)  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't exactly know where to put this, but since this is the Coaching/FO thread (in addition to Ownership) I guess it fits here.

Key Players on the roster who played or would have yesterday 

QB: Wentz (Trade)

RB: Gibson (Drafted)

RB: McKissic (FA, then re-signed)

RB: Robinson (Drafted) ** Granted, wasn't available due to being shot, but will play when available

TE: Thomas (FA, then re-signed)

TE: Bates (Drafted)

TE: Rodgers (UDFA)

TE: Turner (Drafted) ** Granted, didn't play, but will when healthy

LT: Leno (FA, then re-signed)

LG: Norwell

C : Rouiller (Drafted, re-signed

RG: Schweitzer (FA), Turner (FA)

RT: Cosmi (Drafted)

Reserve OL: Lucas (FA, re-signed)

Reserve OL: Charles (Drafted)

WR: McLaurin (Drafted, re-signed)

WR: Dotson (Drafted)

WR: Samuel (FA)

WR: Cam Sims (UDFA, re-signed) Played and had a target

WR: Dax Milne (Drafted) Was the primary returner and had a target.

On offense, that's 10 players who were drafted, 2 of whom have been re-signed.  2 UDFAs, one of which re-signed.  7 FAs, 4 of whom have re-signed.  1 trade.

Defense:

DE: Chase Young (Drafted)

DE: Montez Sweat (Drafted

DE: William Bradley-King (Drafted)

DE: Toney (Drafted)

DE: Toohill (Drafted)

DE: Efe Obada (FA)

DE: Daniel Wise (Drafted)

DT: Jonathan Allen (Drafted, Re-signed)

DT: Daron Payne (Drafted)

DT: P. Mathis (Drafted)

LB: Holcomb (Drafted)

LB: Davis (Drafted)

LB: Eifert (FA)

LB: Bostic (FA)

LB: Mayo (FA)

CB: Fuller (FA)

CB: WJIII (FA)

CB: St. Juste

Safety: Curl (Drafted)

Safety: McCain (FA, re-signed)

Safety: Butler (Drafted)

Safety: Forrest (Drafted)

Safety: Reaves (FA)

That's 14 drafted players, one re-signed (so far).  8 FAs.  ** I counted Fuller as a FA, even though he was drafted here, because he left and then was brought back as a FA.

So, the point: We've been asking the team to draft and develop players.  They are absolutely doing that.  It couldn't be more clear the roster building strategy is to draft, develop, and then add a piece here or there.  So far.  

The issue with this approach, it does take a little while to actually develop the players you draft.  Not all of them will work out. 

Forrest was a 5th round pick last year, and this year he's starting (due to injury, I get it) in the opener and played well.

The big problem with this strategy is it takes patience.  And our fan base is massively short on patience (which I can understand.)  

But the number of times I read a first or second year guy is a bust before they've had a chance to develop is astounding.  You can't pass judgment on guys quickly in this strategy. 

Which is why D.Brown is still on the roster.  They're not going to give up on him just yet.  They might by the end of training camp next season, but not yet. (This is just an example. I don't mean to turn this into a discussion of D. Brown.)  

Just because I can’t help it, and it doesn’t take away from your overall point, you want James Smith-Williams in there instead of Bradley-King.  Also, we didn’t draft Toohill.  He was cut by Philly.

I’m not sure who the official starters were, but I counted 1 from 22, 5 from 21, 2 from 20, 3 from 19, 1 from 18, and 2 from 17.  So 14 out of 22. 

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, do we know how many "influencers" the Commanders are paying to post about the team?  I know of one: Katie Feeney.

But there seem to be a whole lot more hot, young, female Washington Football fans posting stuff on twitter, who have reasonably good followings.

I'm all for it, use social media and influencers to drum up excitement.  It won't overcome losing, but hell, why not. 

I just wonder if they are actual fans, or if they are being paid.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Out of curiosity, do we know how many "influencers" the Commanders are paying to post about the team?  I know of one: Katie Feeney.

But there seem to be a whole lot more hot, young, female Washington Football fans posting stuff on twitter, who have reasonably good followings.

I'm all for it, use social media and influencers to drum up excitement.  It won't overcome losing, but hell, why not. 

They should do whatever it takes to get interest back.   Isn't Mia Khalifa a Washington sports fan?   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know of one female Washington skinteamders fan that posts on twitter/instagram about the team, but as far as I know, she lives in NC and isn’t paid by the team. 

not sure about anyone else though 

One person will be shelling out some money...Dan Snyder!

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/09/eagles-fans-who-fell-over-railing-at-fedex-field-suing-dan-snyder-and-the-commanders.html

Eagles Fans Who Fell Over Railing at FedEx Field Suing Dan Snyder and the Commanders

According to the lawsuit, each person is seeking damages of $75k, writes John Keim from ESPN:

Four people injured at a game at FedEx Field last season when a railing collapsed filed a lawsuit against the Washington Commanders on Friday, seeking $300,000 in damages for physical and emotional suffering.

The suit, filed in the U.S. District Court of Maryland, asks for an award “in excess” of $75,000 per person for “loss of income, medical expenses, pain and suffering.”

Other defendants include Washington Football Incorporated Stadium, which owns the property at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, where the Commanders play; Contemporary Services Corp., which provides ushers and security at the stadium; and Company Does, which provide inspection, repairs maintenance design and oversight.

Good for these guys. This is ashtray money to Dan Snyder. He spends $300,000 a year to fill up his super yacht he avoids the DOJ with. Even if this is a quick cash grab, you gotta tip your hat. Anytime you can hit a piece of **** billionaire like Snyder where it hurts you gotta. Look at all these injuries. Were they off at war or attending a football game? –

According to the suit, the plaintiffs — New Jersey residents Michael Naimoli, Andrew Collins, Morgan French and Marissa Santarlasci — continue to seek treatment for injuries suffered when they fell. Among the injuries they allegedly suffered: cervical strains, muscle strains, bone contusions, cuts, headaches and “other potential long-term effects, both physical and emotional.” Naimoli needed to wear a neck brace, attorney Bob Sokolove said. 

Love this guy with the neck brace. Milk that **** for as long as you can. Oh you fell five feet eight months ago? You’d be dumb not to show up in the neck brace to get sympathy points from the judge. Modern day Slipping Jimmy over here.  I mean the god damn railing was held together with zip ties:

The railing was not load-bearing — one section was held in place by using a zip tie — and therefore not designed to withstand hundreds of pounds leaning into it.

$75,000 might not be enough.

tom-smykowski.jpg

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

19 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Just because I can’t help it, and it doesn’t take away from your overall point, you want James Smith-Williams in there instead of Bradley-King.  Also, we didn’t draft Toohill.  He was cut by Philly.

I’m not sure who the official starters were, but I counted 1 from 22, 5 from 21, 2 from 20, 3 from 19, 1 from 18, and 2 from 17.  So 14 out of 22. 

It's a good point and 100% the correct way to build a team. But, to be fair, that's only half the battle. Following the correct approach is all fine and good...but they also have to be good at it. The jury is still out on that part. The pre-Snyder Redskins of the mid- and late-1990s tried to build the right way too. But they just never did it well enough to be anything better than an average team. 

45 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

I love reading , hot, young female on some of the posts I see in here. Our owner gets grief, afor being a scumbag, as he should,but some on here….. of course no where is the same galaxy as Dan.  😀😀😀

I think I understand what you wrote...I think...but someone who doesn't own the team calling a girl "young and hot" isn't the same as the owner filming his cheerleaders nude without their consent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think I understand what you wrote...I think...but someone who doesn't own the team calling a girl "young and hot" isn't the same as the owner filming his cheerleaders nude without their consent. 

Oh but it could be if you just use your imagination! 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

atleast on twitter is most likely a lot of the sales/account exec staff

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/13/nba-gives-nfl-a-lesson-in-transparency-regarding-workplace-misconduct-allegations/

NBA gives NFL a lesson in transparency regarding workplace misconduct allegations

For more than a year, the NFL has successfully concealed any specific information developed by attorney Beth Wilkinson during her 11-month investigation of the Washington Commanders and owner Daniel Snyder. Today, the NBA made public its findings regarding an investigation of the Phoenix Suns and owner Robert Sarver.

The investigation included information gathered from interviews with 320 persons, including current and former employees of the Suns and the Phoenix Mercury, the WNBA team that Sarver also owns. And, unlike the NFL’s probe of the Commanders and Snyder, the NBA’s investigation of the Suns and Sarver included some specifics.

The NBA’s investigation found that Sarver “engaged in conduct that clearly violated common workplace standards, as reflected in team and League rules and policies,” and that “[t]his conduct included the use of racially insensitive language; unequal treatment of female employees; sex-related statements and conduct; and harsh treatment of employees that on occasion constituted bullying.” Specifically, “on at least five occasions during his tenure with the Suns/Mercury organization, [Sarver] repeated the N-word when recounting the statements of others,” he “engaged in demeaning and harsh treatment of employees, including by yelling and cursing at them.”

The investigation also found instances of workplace misconduct attributable to employees other than Sarver, including “instances of racial insensitivity, mistreatment of female employees, inappropriate commentary related to sex or sexual orientation, and disrespectful communications.” Moreover, the investigation concluded that the H.R. function at the Suns was “historically ineffective and not a trusted resource for employees who were subjected to acts of improper workplace conduct.”

Sarver has been suspended for one year. And it’s a real suspension. He can’t come around, in any capacity. He also can’t be involved in the business or basketball operations of the Suns or the Mercury. The NBA personally fined Sarver $10 million.

In Snyder’s case, the team was fined $10 million. He was not suspended; he supposedly agreed to step aside from the day-to-day management of the team. He has not yet been reinstalled. Earlier this year, the Washington Times reported that Snyder has resumed his prior duties.

The NBA revealed the information about Sarver without disclosing the identity of any witnesses. In contrast, the NFL has justified total secrecy as to Snyder’s misconduct by claiming that any disclosure would violate whatever promise the league made, or claims it made, to keep everything about the investigation secret. As the NBA has shown, specific information about the owner’s misconduct can be disclosed without naming names of those who cooperated.

When the NFL announced the outcome of the Commanders workplace review, the statement contained no information regarding specific actions in which Snyder engaged.

It’s still not clear why the NFL disclosed no information about Snyder’s specific actions, or why a written report from Wilkinson was not requested. It has been reported and confirmed that Wilkinson would have recommended that Snyder be compelled to sell the team, if she had reduced her recommendations to writing.

If the facts on which that opinion were based came to light, public pressure on the league to force Snyder to sell the team could become immense. And the league would potentially have to do what it apparently doesn’t want to do — fight Snyder to sell, given that he’d possibly engage in scorched-earth litigation. He’s also possibly find a way to share with the media anything he potentially knows about alleged misconduct of other owners (we’re not saying any such information exists), who could then find themselves in a mess of their own.

• Thumb up 3