Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

By all accounts snyder runs an organization by fear. From the first time a person meets him, the fear is instilled. 

don’t walk in front of him. Don’t make eye contact. It’s always mr snyder.  Blah blah blah

you know where I heard that advice given to someone recently, somewhere else?

in the Netflix movie Munich - the edge of war, the same advise was given to a young member of the government before he was sent in TO TALK TO HITLER

this is not normal stuff. People don’t normally act like this. This is above and beyond standard overly-wealthy and arrogant people. 

i don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that this organizations decision framework doesn’t follow any tried and true method of healthy collaboration and fostering innovation by hiring creative people who speak up and try to argue for creative solutions. 

i think it’s safe to assume it’s a completely toxic culture of bizarrely awful micro

manafement, where high level, terrible decisions, are barked out from snyder, when no regard to whether it makes sense, what the fallout will be, etc. and it’s just everyone’s job to try to make it go over the best, and play cleanup duty on the backend. 

for christs sake the guy even has the “everyone’s against me and out to get me”/“everyone’s got an agenda/motive” paranoia bul****

if the Washington redskins was a country instead of a football team, we’d be North Korea. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Their app doesn't work anymore. You have to listen through the audacy app. 

This is garbage too. You have to listen to 10 minutes of ads before you can listen to what you selected

what the hell is that 

I mean I didn’t think anyone could be more annoying than pandora (maybe it’s better now 🤷‍♂️) but holy hell 

My only hope, seeing as it's not been reported that this was not in the original report, is this does change things for the league. Now I know better than to get all hopeful that they will do the right thing for a change, seems they have other issues to deal with this week. But it's a start.

I'll ask again, are there other witnesses to testify and could more stuff possibly come out?

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'll ask again, are there other witnesses to testify and could more stuff possibly come out?

Liz Clarke was asked this on Kornheiser’s show after one of the articles as part of the Post series (she was a lead writer and investigator for the story) and all she was willing to say (I’m paraphrasing it was basically a year ago):

you just don’t know who will come out and say something, once they hear someone else say something new, or a new decision is made by the league or the team

which I think is shown to be true. We have new information from someone yesterday and her justification for why she was just now revealing it was - once she saw the report get buried she was able to get over her fear of releasing the information, and decided it was more important to release it than to succumb to the fear

so who knows. And we see it all the time. The outrage of rice didn’t come until a video was released - months after the story was public. We see it in the metoo movement - one person makes a move and suddenly there’s 20 women speaking up. 

and we saw it early on with this too. According to Clarke, she did multiple interviews with new people and got new information after the first article of their series was released. 

so who knows. So long as someone keeps digging, and the people asking questions ask the right questions, there will always be someone new popping up with something new to say. 

someone finally out Snyder’s name in an accusation. 

do you think this was the only time he wa a involved in something? Do you think she was his only target?

i don’t. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

By all accounts snyder runs an organization by fear. From the first time a person meets him, the fear is instilled. 

don’t walk in front of him. Don’t make eye contact. It’s always mr snyder.  Blah blah blah

you know where I heard that advice given to someone recently, somewhere else?

in the Netflix movie Munich - the edge of war, the same advise was given to a young member of the government before he was sent in TO TALK TO HITLER

this is not normal stuff. People don’t normally act like this. This is above and beyond standard overly-wealthy and arrogant people. 

i don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that this organizations decision framework doesn’t follow any tried and true method of healthy collaboration and fostering innovation by hiring creative people who speak up and try to argue for creative solutions. 

i think it’s safe to assume it’s a completely toxic culture of bizarrely awful micro

manafement, where high level, terrible decisions, are barked out from snyder, when no regard to whether it makes sense, what the fallout will be, etc. and it’s just everyone’s job to try to make it go over the best, and play cleanup duty on the backend. 

for christs sake the guy even has the “everyone’s against me and out to get me”/“everyone’s got an agenda/motive” paranoia bul****

if the Washington redskins was a country instead of a football team, we’d be North Korea. 

Great analogy. Aggressive, narcissistic authoritarian leaders tend to enable a group of lackeys who only report what he wants to hear, and who are afraid to tell the truth because they value their jobs more than their integrity. The truth doesn't get to the leader because of these gatekeepers, just like Hitler ordering units around during the defense of Berlin without understanding that most of the units on his precious map only had 20-30% of their listed manpower.

Unfortunately this dynamic still exists, and likely always will. Now the gatekeepers control all the social media so their dear leader is shielded from the real world.

• Like 4

I think it was something like 5 or 7 of the women who’s stories were in the second Post article on the scandal, we’re not even known about by the writers until after the first article was published. 

It was all new information that came to them only because they finally released their first article 

they worked on that project for about (at least) a year or so. And they reached a point where they couldn’t publish anything more than what they had ready (and they know more than they can publish, because there are journalistic and legal principles at play when you do this kind of work on this kind of subject/target.) they weren’t really thrilled with where they were, but they couldn’t go further than they were. So they released it. 

the key is to keep interest in the subject so people continue to see value in speaking out, and value in chasing it. There’s more to unearth here, someone just had to be willing to do it. 

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

New allegations levied against Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder at hearing before congressional committee

Saw it yesterday on my cell phone, they moved it out of the headlines though

It will only come into the public consciousness or group mind  when/if it becomes a topic on shows like Undisputed, Get Up, First Things First,  etc.

We have largely become a society of drones preferring to get our news and information by viewing it as an entertainment where the loudest voice prevails rather than doing the painstakingresearch on our own. (This, of course, is certainly not true for myself or anyone on ExtremeSkins).

I have a lot more to say but it'll have to wait. First Take started 20 minutes ago and I gotta see what crazy antics my boy Stephen A's been up too!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Specifically:

sheehan interviewed him yesterday morning. It was apparently a good interview. Haven’t listened yet because the team 980 is garbage. Their app won’t open and their website won’t play the show. 

I had trouble with the app too but if you have Alexa say, " Alexa...the team 980" and it plays flawlessly.

Also works if you say "Alexa...one oh six seven the fan". (106.7 FM)

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

So, you're saying you wouldn't want Bezos as an owner because he wouldn't meddle?

While an owner that does not mettle is nice, you also want your owner to care.

You need someone who wants to put the right people in place. Someone who knows when to get involved and pull the plug if need be. Someone who cares about the fanbase at large. That would be really hard for someone who owns multiple conglomerates that are bigger than the team and still runs and heavily invests in major companies like Blue Origin.

Bezos owning a team would be for Bezos to simply say he owns a NFL team. It would make up such a minuscule part of his portfolio that it likely means nothing to him. Just another company under the Bezos Expeditions banner. If he does not have the time/interest to get involved, It would put you dangerously close to probably getting assigned an ownership trust that has less to do w/ football, and more about crunching numbers.  That would be less than ideal in my standpoint.

Not to say having an owner that is heavily involved is a good thing, Snyder being a great example otherwise, but I find it hard to believe someone who has so much going on that is bigger and beyond the club itself being able to muster a care for something so relatively small. Like we also see w/ Snyder an ownership that does not care about its fanbase is exceedingly problematic.

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The only thing that could force a change would be for big sponsors to threaten to pull out of the NFL. Nothing else will force them to get rid of Snyder.

Not so sure that's the only hope we have for relief.

There was a veiled threat that one of the democratic congressmen mentioned during the hearing, almost in passing, that no one has talked about.

I'm paraphrasing here but the congressman suggested that perhaps the NFLs tax exemption is in need of revision. 

He said they received $8 billion from tv last year or $250 million/team and perhaps that should be scrutinized if they don't clean up their act.

Those 31 other billionaires would sell out their mothers let alone little Danny if it meant keeping their corporate tax haven safe.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33215649/washington-commanders-owner-daniel-snyder-ok-release-findings-nfl-investigation-team

The NFL may not be able to publicly release the findings of its internal investigation of the Washington Commanders without the explicit permission of owner Daniel Snyder, according to a document released Friday morning by the congressional committee investigating the NFL.

**** off.

Not related, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Dan's new hair.  Thought the dude looked totally different the other day, now I understand why.

Just now, Zim489 said:

Maybe this will be the one time where the US government doesn't **** up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33215649/washington-commanders-owner-daniel-snyder-ok-release-findings-nfl-investigation-team

**** off.

Not related, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Dan's new hair.  Thought the dude looked totally different the other day, now I understand why.

Maybe this will be the one time where the US government doesn't **** up.

Thank goodness I'm not the only person who thought he looked totally different. I thought I was losing my damn mind 😅

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Totally credible. Totally damning. 

This is not even the tip of the iceberg. 

Consider that we heard from only a half dozen women yesterday who presumably didn't sign NDAs.

How many more are out there willing and perhaps even desperate to share their stories but muted by non-disclosure agreements?

"Let the truth come out wherever it leads".

• Like 3

So let me get this straight.

Dozens if not hundreds of accounts of sexual assault. NFL let's WFT lead the investigation, with a verbal report to the NFL.

NFL is not allowed to release the report unless the owner, who is implicated and also tried to witness tamper, okays the release of the report.

In the midst of all of this the owner, at the center of the investigation, is given 100% control of the team?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So let me get this straight.

Dozens if not hundreds of accounts of sexual assault. NFL let's WFT lead the investigation, with a verbal report to the NFL.

NFL is not allowed to release the report unless the owner, who is implicated and also tried to witness tamper, okays the release of the report.

In the midst of all of this the owner, at the center of the investigation, is given 100% control of the team?

There is a reason that the NFL has  gone well beyond all sensibility to protect Snyder.

I'm beginning to wonder if Snyder was essentially running the equivalent of a high class bordello out of Ashburn and some of the clients include NFL front office personnel, corporate sponsors, players from other teams they were recruiting during free agency and perhaps even other owners.

This thing could make inflategate look like child's play before it's done.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1