Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

27 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Does that guy have any proof that Snyder directly coerced him into make nude videos of the cheerleaders'?

Only "proof" I've seen is that he heard Larry tell the crew in 2008 that "the owner" had a "special project" for them to create. 

Then there's someone else in that HBO podcast that came out yesterday who says he saw an editor making a similar video in 2010, and when asked about it, that editor said "the owner told us to put this together." 

That editor said in last year's post article that Larry Michael told him to make DVDs of the video labeled "For Executive Meeting." 

Also apparently the soundtrack for both videos is U2 and the Rolling Stones, Dan's two favorite bands as he mentioned in a WaPo article at one point. 

So ... lots of circumstantial stuff there, and pretty strong at that. But ultimate proof? I don't think so at this point. Doesn't mean I don't believe it was him 100 percent though. Would almost have to get Larry Michael to flip, but he probably got a ton of money to keep his trap shut. You know, those "Skintangibles." 

Again, and I hate to harp on this because I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing the women involved, but if they'd just refused a settlement and gone to court with this, maybe some of these people would've been forced to testify under oath and the truth would've come out. 

16 hours ago, mhd24 said:

There's got to be. something with Bienemy.

Yes there is. Stuff that would be difficult in some fan bases to explain away. However, people do change. He's not getting a shot before other black candidates though, not with the way the league operates. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The only way you can force the NFL to release that report, is to hit the NFL where it hurts. Their wallet.  There has to be pressure on the sponsors and then pressure on the nfl.

Like the name change, sponsors or loss of sponsors causes real change. 

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

short of video evidence or a number of people saying they all witnessed the same thing. Not sure what will happen from this. 

Jason Wright installed by Goodell, in meeting with Tanya on damage control post-investigation. It sucks, but it sounds like Jason Wright is part of the cover up and move on of this whole thing, which isn't a surprise. If he's a Goodell placement, it is all part of what the league wants to happen.

(not sure if that person I tweeted is credible, but I know she's been vocal part of the group of women who were represented in the WaPo pieces.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Jason Wright installed by Goodell, in meeting with Tanya on damage control post-investigation. It sucks, but it sounds like Jason Wright is part of the cover up and move on of this whole thing, which isn't a surprise. If he's a Goodell placement, it is all part of what the league wants to happen.

(not sure if that person I tweeted is credible, but I know she's been vocal part of the group of women who were represented in the WaPo pieces.

As for Jason Wright, some said that was on the urging of Goodel and ditto the Lafemina hire previously.  Not to cover up Dan's misdeeds but to help the rebound from the clownshow organization-culture. It was interesting to hear them talk about Lafemina tried to clean up that culture when he was there but it was thwarted because he was fired. 

Even the WP who is pissed at the NFL for not going after Dan for these incidents, have acceded that the NFL is beyond pissed at Dan as to how he's turned the team into a mockery.

The lack of fans, declining TV ratings among other things hurt their bottom line.  And according to many including the WP, most owners hate Dan.

But what Dan has going for him is they don't want to set a precedent for an owner to be easily kicked out because down the road it might end up them, too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Nicki Jhabvala?

She's the one covering the team for the Post. She post daily about it, she's quite credible.

You should spend more time in BHRBN, when there's an article from the Post posted, it's almost always her nowadays (besides game thread).

• Like 2

A former employee of Washington’s NFL team told members of Congress on Thursday that owner Daniel Snyder harassed her at a team dinner, putting his hand on her thigh and pressing her toward his limo, throwing the team’s workplace culture back into the public eye a day after the team unveiled its new brand.

Tiffani Johnston, a former cheerleader and marketing manager, was among six former employees who appeared on Capitol Hill to tell lawmakers about their experience working for the team, now named the Commanders, as the panel investigates the team’s workplace culture and the NFL’s handling of allegations of pervasive sexual misconduct at the franchise.

While much of what the former employees said has been previously reported, Johnston and another employee made new allegations involving Snyder, including that prostitutes were hired by team executives after an event at Snyder’s Aspen, Colo. home.

...Johnston described years of sexual harassment by multiple team executives. Then she turned to Snyder, describing how she fended off the owner’s sexual advances during a work dinner. She did not say where or when the dinner was held. But during dinner, she said, she had to remove Snyder’s hand from her thigh under the table while trying to sustain business banter “to avoid a scene.”

After dinner, Johnston said, Snyder insisted she join him in his limousine for a ride to her car as he placed a hand on her back and pushed her toward the vehicle’s door. She declined but was able to break free of Snyder’s “grip,” she said, only because his attorney intervened and said, “Dan, Dan, this is a bad idea … a very bad idea, Dan.”

Johnston called her invitation to the dinner an “orchestration by [her boss] and Dan Snyder to put me in a compromising, sexual situation.” She said she was later told to keep quiet about Snyder’s “advance,” adding that there was no one in HR to complain to.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

The best experience I had at FedEx was this season when we beat Tampa. But that was mostly because the stadium was pretty empty for the most part so I had plenty of room, traffic wasn't a super nightmare, and they basically let me park wherever I wanted. 

I don't think that's something they want to hang their hat on. 

11 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Nicki Jhabvala?

She's the one covering the team for the Post. She post daily about it, she's quite credible.

You should spend more time in BHRBN, when there's an article from the Post posted, it's almost always her nowadays (besides game thread).

Sorry, not Nicki, I know she's a reporter. I quoted the press release but was refering to my previous post where I put the Tweet up from someone else. These tweets ...

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The best experience I had at FedEx was this season when we beat Tampa. But that was mostly because the stadium was pretty empty for the most part so I had plenty of room, traffic wasn't a super nightmare, and they basically let me park wherever I wanted. 

I don't think that's something they want to hang their hat on. 

I mean, I’m sure winning helped. Honest, would it have been the best experience if they had lost? 

plus I’m sure the fans that had sewer water sprayed on them didn’t have the best experience 😂 

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Sorry, not Nicki, I know she's a reporter. I quoted the press release but was refering to my previous post where I put the Tweet up from someone else. These tweets ...

https://twitter.com/meganimbert/status/1489304048280997888?s=20&t=czojpQACM3xo12btioe0PQ

Megan imbert. She used to work for the skins. I knew her (back when i was in high school). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Megan imbert. She used to work for the skins. I knew her (back when i was in high school). 

Thank you. I knew she was part of the earlier press conferences and been active on Twitter, just didn't know how she fit into it all in relation to today's proceedings.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, I’m sure winning helped. Honest, would it have been the best experience if they had lost? 

plus I’m sure the fans that had sewer water sprayed on them didn’t have the best experience 😂 

Talking relentless **** to the TB fans as they walked out has absolutely nothing to do with how much I enjoyed myself 👀

The poop shower did not come with my tickets though. Thank goodness. 

I don’t understand. 

i read an npr article quoting the women directly implicating snyder. 

i come in here and everyone’s like - this is a nothingburger 

I’ve been out of pocket all day so I’m trying to catch up and am very confused. 

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t understand. 

Just go back and watch the roundtable for full context. It's pretty engaging viewing. 

Nothingburger? You wouldn't think so, but I think most fans don't want to bother getting their hopes up at this point, which I totally get. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

I don’t understand. 

I don't see it as a nothingburger, but the possibility is high that nothing cames out of it as it'll probably won't move the NFL an inch.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah. That seems so weird to me. 

this scandal should be front page news. 

it’s not. 

im guessing because just no one cares about us. 

ugh

I think because it's also not so black and white sexual assault, even if you believe every word the woman says (which I do). The worst thing he did is put his hand on her thigh, then lead her toward his limo but didn't actually follow through with pushing her inside or anything like that. Is that sexual assault? I don't know. Inappropriate contact and behavior of course. That said, Commander Dan says it's an outright lie, so ... all Hail the Commander in Chief! 

13 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I think because it's also not so black and white sexual assault, even if you believe every word the woman says (which I do). The worst thing he did is put his hand on her thigh, then lead her toward his limo but didn't actually follow through with pushing her inside or anything like that. Is that sexual assault? I don't know. Inappropriate contact and behavior of course. That said, Commander Dan says it's an outright lie, so ... all Hail the Commander in Chief! 

It's inappropriate behavior and "sexual harassment" at a minimum. CEOs would get fired for those things going publicly

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It's inappropriate behavior and "sexual harassment" at a minimum. CEOs would get fired for those things going publicly

CEOs, yes. Mafia bosses, even if they're the equivalent of a Fredo? No. It's just not enough unfortunately. Would love to be proven wrong though. 

25 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

what started this was filming cheerleaders naked without their knowledge. 

none of this is in a vacuum. The reason he escaped last summer was because he wasn’t directly implicated. 

Now he is. 

and his press release? How are advisors still so dumb about this:

attacks the accusers: check

uses the “this happened a long time ago” defense: check

refuses to take responsibility on any level: check

if you made a list of things not to do, because it makes you look guilty and a liar, they did every one of them. 

and of course, like I said earlier, none of it is in a vacuum 

it’s not like there’s anyone still holding out on whether Dan snyder is a piece of **** or not. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

short of video evidence or a number of people saying they all witnessed the same thing. Not sure what will happen from this. 

In this statement Dan said:

"While past conduct at the Team was unacceptable, the allegations leveled against me personally in today's roundtable - many of which are well over 13 years old - are outright lies."

Isn't that bit contradictory to say they are 13 years old, then go on with saying they are lies?

I mean, if they are lies, they aren't 13 years old. They're just lies.

But if they are 13 years old like he said, then, somehow, they're true because he can date them quite precisely (probably because he remembers them).

• Like 1