Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, profusion said:

I'm in no way suggesting that John Mara is as big a nitwit as Dan Snyder, but the organizations are starting to bear a certain resemblance.

John Mara hasn’t had much success as an owner minus the time they had coughlin.  Who basically told him to shut up and go away.

i think he took over in 2005.  After that they’ve basically sucked except for a period when they had Coughlin and Eli.  

Then they went back to suck..

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

John Mara hasn’t had much success as an owner minus the time they had coughlin.  Who basically told him to shut up and go away.

i think he took over in 2005.  After that they’ve basically sucked except for a period when they had Coughlin and Eli.  

Then they went back to suck..

I looked it up, and you're correct. Basically, John Mara inherited Coughlin and Eli and the entire functional organization. Once all that drifted away (or was fired), John hasn't had the same success, and he's running the NFC version of the New Jersey NFL Dumpster Fire.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

I looked it up, and you're correct. Basically, John Mara inherited Coughlin and Eli and the entire functional organization. Once all that drifted away (or was fired), John hasn't had the same success, and he's running the NFC version of the New Jersey NFL Dumpster Fire.

Since Coughlin’s ouster, the Giants have been one of the laughing stock organizations in sports.  But they are a “blue blood” organization, and had success not terribly long ago, so most folks haven’t caught on to it yet.

He might be as bad as Synder.  We don’t know quite yet because the sample size is short.  He really didn’t have anything to do while Coughlin ran the show.  But his post Coughlin era has been REALLY bad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Since Coughlin’s ouster, the Giants have been one of the laughing stock organizations in sports.  But they are a “blue blood” organization, and had success not terribly long ago, so most folks haven’t caught on to it yet.

He might be as bad as Synder.  We don’t know quite yet because the sample size is short.  He really didn’t have anything to do while Coughlin ran the show.  But his post Coughlin era has been REALLY bad.

If Mara does what he said he would today and hires a qualified GM candidate who will then hire his own HC, none of that will matter and they’ll immediately jump back ahead of us in terms of functional organizational structure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If Mara does what he said he would today and hires a qualified GM candidate who will then hire his own HC, none of that will matter and they’ll immediately jump back ahead of us in terms of functional organizational structure. 

We can only hope Mara keeps his poor Snyder-like personnel decisions and meddling continues to leave them in a similar dysfunctional state. 

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Add in the bonus draft picks this year and its possible they  could turn things around real quick!

12 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

When prospective coaches are going through their interviews and listing assistant coaches they'd like to bring along, you can be sure that Zampese's name will be mentioned as a desired OC. We need to keep him.

Didn't he stink as an OC?

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Didn't he stink as an OC?

He's good; wish he was our OC. It wasn't an ideal situation for him in Cleveland with all of that Hue/Kitchens nonsense going on. If you walk to the former coaches there, Zampese is the one who was turning that O around til the Kitchens sink started to stink. 

13 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

He's good; wish he was our OC. It wasn't an ideal situation for him in Cleveland with all of that Hue/Kitchens nonsense going on. If you walk to the former coaches there, Zampese is the one who was turning that O around til the Kitchens sink started to stink. 

He was the QB coach in Cleveland I thought. Cincinnati he was the OC and wasn't good at it.

Edit: Yes, he lasted 18 games as OC in Cincinnati. He was awful.

Edited by Riggo#44

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not to mention he has 2 SB trophies resting on his mantle.  Don’t dare ****ing compare that man to Dan Snyder.

According to my Giants friends, the Flores to NYG movement is alive and well among the fanbase.

I would assume they would have to hire a GM first though, who would hire his guy. I don't think Flores has done enough in the league to warrant giving him power with a hire right?

Edited by brewbrew2323

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

He was OC in Cincy, replaced Gruden I believe, he got fired not long into his 2nd season.

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

He was OC in Cincy, replaced Gruden I believe, he got fired not long into his 2nd season.

Team was devoid of offensive talent at that point (no AJ Green for quite a while in 2016), and it was clear that Lewis was soon gonna head for the exit.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

His Dad's hires were Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin.

His hires were Ben McAdoo, Pat Shurmur, Joe Judge, and Dave Gettleman.

His 2nd SB in 2011 was well enough into his tenure that he gets credit.  You can’t ever make him look worse than Snyder so why try?

Edited by -JB-

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

His 2nd SB in 2013 was well enough into his tenure that he gets credit.  You can’t ever make him look worse than Snyder so why try?

I never said he was worse than Snyder. I said he's an idiot in his own right. Snyder sucks, but Mara demonstrably sucks too. There is an unlimited amount of suck in this world.

The Giants have had the worst record in the NFL over the last 5 years (tied with the Jets). That makes Mara terrible.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I never said he was worse than Snyder. I said he's an idiot in his own right. Snyder sucks, but Mara demonstrably sucks too. There is an unlimited amount of suck in this world.

The Giants have had the worst record in the NFL over the last 5 years (tied with the Jets). That makes Mara terrible.

He can demonstrably suck now that is fine.  He still has 2 SB rings tho so he’s on a much higher tier than Snyder.