Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says. (Update: resulted in deaths of U.S. troops in Afghanistan, intelligence assessments found)

Cooked Crack

yesterday I made the mistake of entertaining a few GOP pals on why there is no outrage from the perpetually outraged patriots.. and their only response was a flat dismissal, and they will not, and cannot believe a single word of it because it came from the NY Times.

The depth to which the brainwashing (for lack of a better term) of so many people is never ever going to be deprogrammed from them.

~Bang

18 minutes ago, Bang said:

yesterday I made the mistake of entertaining a few GOP pals on why there is no outrage from the perpetually outraged patriots.. and their only response was a flat dismissal, and they will not, and cannot believe a single word of it because it came from the NY Times.

The depth to which the brainwashing (for lack of a better term) of so many people is never ever going to be deprogrammed from them.

~Bang

I got family and friends that say I have a low case of DTS instead of an extreme case.

It's a nice way of saying I don't go ballistic everytime the conversation comes up, which is really only way to have it if anyone wants to them bother.

Expect at best denial or a "we'll see" sometimes, then we can go back to drinking beer.

It's tough, I don't have a lot of close folks and some of them have been radicalized, really smart ones too when they want to be.  So my hope is once this guy is gone some of them will come back to earth a little.  But truth it just revealed who they really were, and some that was just too much for me, had to cut them loose. 

Maybe I was the one in denial saying "we'll see" all along.  But I stand that even with Trump gone, half the country is still conservative, it not realistic for each half to just cut each other off.  I'm not sure the best way towards that reconciliation, but I have a cousin and close friend who i know are almost at their breaking point and both were at his inauguration.

My hope is we look back at Trumpism same way we look back at McCarthyism - "Damn, we did that?"

Our coalition members were informed but not our command structure?! I'm shocked, I mean really. That's treasonous.

I totally believe that Trump knew and ordered containment because he doesn't trust anyone outside of his really small circle, and if this got out about Russia paying bounties to the Taliban, it would hurt his re-election chances. 

I want everything this ****er does out in the media. 

Archived