Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says. (Update: resulted in deaths of U.S. troops in Afghanistan, intelligence assessments found)

Cooked Crack

****ing traitor.  I believe the punishment for treason is death:

18 USC Ch. 115: TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Let justice be done upon him!

• 2 weeks later...

Funny thing is that here in Germany the vast majority of the people actually welcome this move. First of all, it costs us billions every year to uphold these US bases. Second of all, the US is mostly doing middle-east stuff from here, like remote controlling drone strikes - which many Germans do not approve of. This has little to do with protecting us from Russia.

So while I think it is a win-win situation for both countries the way it is, and many politicians (on both sides) would like to keep it that way, I feel like the power play from Trump doesn't really work here. Not only because overall nothing will change at all by relocating these US soldiers to other European countries but also because German politicians can actually score points by decreasing a US military presence in the country.

Archived