Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Are (Real) Sports Coming Back?

PleaseBlitz

This is so f'd up, I knew they were eventually going to tell these players to "shut up and dance"...

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2900290-elena-delle-donne-pens-letter-about-her-health-after-wnba-denies-opt-out.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

After her request to opt out of the 2020 WNBA season for medical reasons was denied, Washington Mystics star Elena Delle Donne has opened up about her longstanding health issues.

In an open letter on the Players' Tribune, Delle Donne wrote that she has to take 64 pills a day to combat Lyme disease:

"That's 25 before breakfast, another 20 after breakfast, another 10 before dinner, and another 9 before bed.

"I take 64 pills a day, and I feel like it's slowly killing me. Or if it's not killing me, directly, then I at least know one thing for sure: It's really bad for me. Longterm, taking that much medicine on that regular of a regimen is just straight-up bad for you. It's literally an elaborate trick that you play on yourself — a lie that you tell your body so it keeps thinking everything is fine."

It's only a matter of time until players start dying, too, like none of them having underlying conditions either.  How many of them "need the money" and will take the risk anyway if given one?

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I continue to believe that every league is going to start the 2020 season, but none will finish (or at least not finish as planned). 

They aren't going to get far.

I doubt the NBA and NHL will be able to get far into the playoffs.

I doubt the MLS will be to get far in their tournament they having, in leau of a season.  I doubt the MLB will be able to get far along in their reduced season.

i think college football isn't happening.

I don't think the NFL isn't going to happen. They will make it to camp but they won't be able to play a season.

36 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They aren't going to get far.

I doubt the NBA and NHL will be able to get far into the playoffs.

I doubt the MLS will be to get far in their tournament they having, in leau of a season.  I doubt the MLB will be able to get far along in their reduced season.

i think college football isn't happening.

I don't think the NFL isn't going to happen. They will make it to camp but they won't be able to play a season.

NHL is pretty confident they can pull this off and I bet they do.

NBA I would say is 80% likely to be able to make it work.  The stars of the league are all in and know that if it doesn't happen they lose MILLIONS plus legacy.

MLS is doing good so far after eliminating the teams that have high rates so finishing their tournament shouldn't be a problem.

MLB, I give them 3 weeks into the regular season before it falls apart.

NFL doesn't get past week 2. 

College football isn't happening. 

PFT: 95 NFL players have tested positive for COVID-19  

>>>

Some teams have begun testing rookies for COVID-19. Veterans soon will follow.

Ninety-five players have tested positive for coronavirus as of today and before league-wide testing results are known. That’s according to the NFLPA website.<<<

It will be interesting to see how high that is, once every is in camp.

• Jumbo locked this topic

Archived