Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Tokyo Japan - What Was Your Favorite Olympics Moment?

PleaseBlitz

Just watched Germany get gold and USA got bronze in the indoor bicycling thing. Gotta say, it's absolutely fascinating to watch such a simple action of people going in circles and still have no idea what the **** they're doing.

The 2 groups race in 3's, but there's a 4th dude from each team just out there going for a pleasure ride on a Tuesday afternoon. Or is it like Mariokart and he's dropping oil on the track?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That is a cringey tweet from Penny Oleksiak.  Some of these Olympic athletes are the chippiest douchebags I've ever heard speak.  They make Draymond Green seem humble and a good sport.

Some athletes are powered by sunshine and flowers, 10 times distilled, and the love of everyone and everything around them, even the disgusting insects. Others are powered by 100% pure spite towards the people that doubted them in 2nd grade. If I were an Olympic champion with the hardware to back it up, I'd take my once in a lifetime God given right to say "I told you so" too.

Actually, I still do that in certain threads despite the lack of Olympic medals. They're probably still in the mail though.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I like watching the US women play basketball. They clearly have great chemistry and can play the game very well. Breanna Stewart can shoot.

They are smothering Australia.  Up 30.  They got the Aussies chucking shots on any open look because the rim is locked down tight.  

21 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That is a cringey tweet from Penny Oleksiak.  Some of these Olympic athletes are the chippiest douchebags I've ever heard speak.  They make Draymond Green seem humble and a good sport.

She seems too stupid to understand the purpose of high school. It’s not to develop Olympians. It’s to prepare you for college and with that in mind spending so much time on swimming won’t help her meet the goal of being successful in completing a college education.

😀

The vast majority of high-school jocks would have been better served by studying harder.

Klinemann/Ross should win Gold. They're in top form now.

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

She seems too stupid to understand the purpose of high school. It’s not to develop Olympians. It’s to prepare you for college and with that in mind spending so much time on swimming won’t help her meet the goal of being successful in completing a college education.

😀

The vast majority of high-school jocks would have been better served by studying harder.

Yeah for every one of these, there are 10000 teachers who are exactly right.

They just said the distance swimmer won with a time of ~2hours.  I can’t imagine what life might be like if I could swim for two hours straight.  I can’t even paddle a kayak for that long without pausing, and the boat is doing most of the work.  How are these people the same species as me?  

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

They just said the distance swimmer won with a time of ~2hours.  I can’t imagine what life might be like if I could swim for two hours straight.  I can’t even paddle a kayak for that long without pausing, and the boat is doing most of the work.  How are these people the same species as me?  

I nearly ****ing died when I had to tread water for 10 minutes for my SCUBA certification, and I was cheating a bit too by kicking off the side of the pool every  now and then.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

I can’t imagine what life might be like if I could swim for two hours straight

It’s not that bad if you understand how to swim right. 

I mean don’t get me wrong it’s exhausting. And I’ve never done it in a race format. But pure distance swimming it’s not as bad as it sounds. 

kind of go in auto pilot after a while. It’s like running. 

(and I always did mine in open water. Not a pool)

Edited by tshile

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s not that bad if you understand how to swim right. 

I mean don’t get me wrong it’s exhausting. And I’ve never done it in a race format. But pure distance swimming it’s not as bad as it sounds. 

kind of go in auto pilot after a while. It’s like running. 

(and I always did mine in open water. Not a pool)

I also almost ****ing died swimming 200m straight right before treading water for 10 minutes during my SCUBA certification.

I was also pushing off the wall and floor in the shallow end after about 2 laps lol.  The pool was 25m.

I am pretty damn fit but holy ****, I was like out of breath and exhausted for hours after that.  I remember it finished up around 9:30 at night at at like 11:30pm I was still breathing faster than normal.

Yeah but… what’s your actual training in swimming? I ask because there’s a way to do distance. There are strokes designed to keep you covering ground but basically taking a break 

i mean im fit. I do ok. Nothing special. I run a 7:30 mile. I’m a smoker. I’d say swimming a mile straight felt like running 7 miles or so  

none of that applies to racing in the Olympics. That’s obvious world class athlete stuff. I’m just talking about going out and swimming a mile 

• Like 1

Good close to the half for the US.  

The world hasn’t caught up with the US offensively, but the days where American basketball stars could just score at will against other nations, like the dream teams could, are dead and gone.  There are a lot of teams playing pro level team defense.

What saves the US is those final moments of the half and the game, where everything slows down and individual players have to just go and get buckets.  We still have the best, and the most, big time scoring options.  

11 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I don't know if it is the ball or what, but the past couple of Olympics, our shooting has been off. I'm used to these guys draining open shots in the NBA and they're just not doing it. If they hit half of the open looks they're getting, the game isn't even close.

Whatever it is, it’s not bothering Durant.

• Like 1