Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Funny how when everything was organic and free range long long ago, like prehistoric times, life expectancy was, what, 30, 40 tops?

I think that was due to the fact there were no real doctors or medical treatments for fixing you so you died of whatever diseases you came down with. Today when kids are born we are given so many vaccines to help us live longer than 5 years unlike back in the days.

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

I think that was due to the fact there were no real doctors or medical treatments for fixing you so you died of whatever diseases you came down with. Today when kids are born we are given so many vaccines to help us live longer than 5 years unlike back in the days.

Not only that, but there was no refrigeration...I'm fairly sure folks ate stuff they shouldn't have. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

Thats my point, as close to nature as we were, our life expectancy was half what it is today.

• Like 1

Life expectancy also factors in infant and child mortality, so the idea that everybody croaked in their 30s and 40s is just false. Some people did, but lots of people lived to old age.

The idea that everybody had a great well-balanced diet for most of history is also questionable.

But yes, people have it better off now, that seems like an unassailable position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Life expectancy also factors in infant and child mortality, so the idea that everybody croaked in their 30s and 40s is just false. Some people did, but lots of people lived to old age.

Um...no one is saying that...

21 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

The idea that everybody had a great well-balanced diet for most of history is also questionable.

But yes, people have it better off now, that seems like an unassailable position.

Again, thats the point, some of yall really overthink stuff...