Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There's a zoo in Baltimore?

And you left the national zoo to go to it? Don't blame me for your poor choices.

The national zoo isn’t that great actually. The baltimore zoo has a big climbing tree; and slides.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60811-d109082-r263500151-The_Maryland_Zoo-Baltimore_Maryland.html#:~:text=Second%2C I have young kids,know this can very greatly.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I gotta agree about the National Zoo,  It's overrated.  I once went there with a person I was just starting to date. She didn't know about talking funny after breathing helium  So I got a balloon and tried to impress her, only I inhaled too much and almost passed out as we walked  

• Haha 2

National Zoo in DC is huge in the context of two toddlers, more then enough and we had a great time.

I remember passing by the Zoo in Baltimore and shocked at the difference in the area surrounding it compared to area around DC's zoo.

The second you go up I-83, you takin a risk, and they zoo is no exception.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I gotta agree about the National Zoo,  It's overrated.  I once went there with a person I was just starting to date. She didn't know about talking funny after breathing helium  So I got a balloon and tried to impress her, only I inhaled too much and almost passed out as we walked  

I'm not convinced you understand how to rate the quality of a zoo. 

• Haha 7

Best thing about the national zoo is the ease of getting there by metro. I think the San Diego Zoo and Brookfield Zoo in Chicago are the better ones I've been to. 

I think the last Zoo I went to was the national zoo back in the 1990s. I keep meaning to go over to the Greensboro Science Center to see them Red Pandas. 

• Like 1

We went to the national zoo at least twice every summer...just like the Smithsonian, all the monuments at the time...I swear, we never sat still.  Nearly every civil war battlefield.  PB&J or bologna sandwiches/chips on the benches for lunch, then back at it. 

I miss my younger years because I didn't have to pay for knowledge then.  Just walking around, it was everywhere. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, China said:

The National Zoo's main claim to fame was the Pandas.  Before that they had the original Smokey the Bear.  But compared to some other zoos it's not that impressive.  

Next time China tries to take their Pandas back, let them, then two weeks later we should break out their clones.

LingLing Ping 2.0 Exhibit

Much Intellectual Property they've copied and out right stolen from us that wouldn't even make us even.

giphy(43).gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

I really enjoy the National Zoo for the huge variety of animals, even if some of them aren’t that exciting. Also, one time 2 sloth bears were having sex and the 7 year old standing next to me screamed “mommy, what are they doing!?!?” and I told the kid “they’re just wrestling” and the mom paid one of my student loan payments in gratitude. Thanks Bethesda Mom!

Anywho, you should check out the Reston Zoo which doesn’t have nearly as many animals BUT it is interactive meaning (1) you can hand feed the animals and (2) the llama will probably spit on you. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I really enjoy the National Zoo for the huge variety of animals, even if some of them aren’t that exciting. Also, one time 2 sloth bears were having sex and the 7 year old standing next to me screamed “mommy, what are they doing!?!?” and I told the kid “they’re just wrestling” and the mom paid one of my student loan payments in gratitude. Thanks Bethesda Mom!

Anywho, you should check out the Reston Zoo which doesn’t have nearly as many animals BUT it is interactive meaning (1) you can hand feed the animals and (2) the llama will probably spit on you. 

I remember going to the zoo when the elephants had had a baby, and it was going through puberty. It was rampaging around it's enclosure with a raging erection.  :ols:

Zoos like the one you mention are fun.  I took this pic at one near Natural Bridge:

zCZfC5X.jpg

So derpy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

We went to the national zoo at least twice every summer...just like the Smithsonian, all the monuments at the time...I swear, we never sat still.  Nearly every civil war battlefield.  PB&J or bologna sandwiches/chips on the benches for lunch, then back at it. 

I miss my younger years because I didn't have to pay for knowledge then.  Just walking around, it was everywhere. 

We were so fortunate to grow up with so many options. Other kids went on field trips but the field trips around here included the Smithsonian, road trips with the family meant going to places like Gettysburg.   

• Thumb up 3

Back in 2020 (during early covid days) my better half and I did our 20th anniversary celebation at the SF Zoo. I was afraid she was going to leave me there. 😁

Back in 2020 (during early covid days) my better half and I did our 20th anniversary celebation at the SF Zoo. I was afraid she was going to leave me there. 😁

Thankfully dodos are extinct. 

• Thumb up 1