Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

@Spaceman Spiff

I'll be honest with you, bro, the value of Youtube period is a very different conversation then the value of Youtube Premium.

If you're questioning the value to you of Youtube, don't get Premium.  We use YT very differently, so it was an easy justification on my end.

Want to add I don't count Prime as a streaming service I'm paying for because its something that comes with me getting Prime to save on buying stuff from Amazon.  I almost never watch prime unless something specific I want to watch I can't find on Netflix or Youtube (a lot more movies in YT then I see talked about, pretty much all the Godzilla movies are on there now)

I watched PBS on YouTube one day a couple of weeks ago. What a mistake. My music, hot girl and funny videos home page has been inundated with Republican non sense. Why not liberal non sense? It’s all right wing bs and conspiracy bs. What a crap algorithm. I. Still trying to relieve myself of them. 

Bro, do you even algorithm? 

Also, I wish we could go back to when conspiracy theories were fun like the zooology stuff. Now it’s all stolen elections and the government caused 9/11. Hey Republicans, your conspiracy theories suck. You’re boring me. 

• Haha 2

On 11/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, Renegade7 said:

it just reminds me of all the folks that swore they wouldn't eat the new popeyes chicken sandwich jus because everyone else was doing it.  I was one of them trying not to be one of them, I got a sandwich one day, it was good, I now have YT Premium.

This sentence is art. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I just realized / learned that the reason that my wife doesn't want to talk football with me is that she doesn't know ball. Sal these years she's been lying to me. Now I'm sitting here teaching her what downs are. 

Seriously, I don't know if she's playing a joke in me for laughs or this is serious. I was explaining to my son the concept of a first down and she tried to explain the shot clock. 

Today's lesson was third down conversations. 

Maybe I'll make her into a fan. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I've been watching football with my mom for forty years and still have to explain a lot of stuff to her. Hell she been going to football games since college. It frustrates my dad to no end. 🤣

Back before we were married, my husband & I had a HUGE argument over "goal to go" that ended with me getting roses delivered to work.  :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

My wife has just picked up on everything over the years, I don’t explain much except newer roles like you are not allowed to sack the quarterback anymore. 

my parents are frustrating though. they think the rules are the same as the’80’s . They’re the people that actually scream “holding” every damn play. No hyperbole. Thankfully I don’t watch football with them too often. 

it’s weird how people watch every game for decades and still don’t pick up on things. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

My wife has just picked up on everything over the years, I don’t explain much except newer roles like you are not allowed to sack the quarterback anymore. 

my parents are frustrating though. they think the rules are the same as the’80’s . They’re the people that actually scream “holding” every damn play. No hyperbole. Thankfully I don’t watch football with them too often. 

it’s weird how people watch every game for decades and still don’t pick up on things. 

I'm still grumpy about the "new" rules on what's a catch.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3