Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

39 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

When they were writing the Power Rangers, why did no one think having a "white power" ranger was a good idea?  And how did we never notice this?

Man...:ols:

I'm pretty sure Japan doesn't have nearly the White Power problem that we do.

Folks loved green ranger here and over there, they couldn't not breakout white ranger in US and still keep it goin in the 90s, it would've been nearly impossible figuring out what footage to use and not use at that point.

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Folks loved green ranger here and over there, they couldn't not breakout white ranger in US and still keep it goin in the 90s, it would've been nearly impossible figuring out what footage to use and not use at that point.

Yea I forgot about the Japan part.  And I will NOT make a similar joke about the yellow power ranger instead. 

Buzzette offset the white power ranger with the black power ranger.  My green power ranger was with a slightly racist impression with a luck charms style accent.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

On the other hand, in Japan, it's Super Sentai.  It was in the US that we made the "Power Rangers", so I think the point remains valid.

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea I forgot about the Japan part.  And I will NOT make a similar joke about the yellow power ranger instead. 

Buzzette offset the white power ranger with the black power ranger.  My green power ranger was with a slightly racist impression with a luck charms style accent.

Worth remembering that the Green Power Ranger became the White Power Ranger. (And Tommy was a badass; dude was a legit martial artist, so they found every opportunity they could to give the actor his own action scenes beyond the repurposed Super Sentai footage).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

On the other hand, in Japan, it's Super Sentai.  It was in the US that we made the "Power Rangers", so I think the point remains valid.

Begs question, did green ranger in Japan die before Americans decided to make their version and call it power rangers? I couldn't tell from Wikipedia and I was just a kitten while this was all goin on in real time. 

Reads like green "ranger" was brought back as white "ranger" out of his high popularity, depending on timing not sure Americans coulda seen that coming, and just went with it hoping no one would take it there with the white power thing in the states (talking out loud here )

12 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The green power ranger and the white power ranger are the same guy, and he very much looks like a "white power" kinda person. 

220px-6.28.13JasonDavidFrankByLuigiNovi1.jpg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Well dang now I gotta figure out who the hell @Sacks 'n' Stuff is since we apparently went to high school together. 

Probably gonna need to hire a great detective like Sherlock Holmes or Speed Buggy to solve this mystery. 🤔 

I have been combing through your old posts looking for hints as to your identity. I think I’ve figured it out. Is this you?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Gotten tested for Covid?  I just read an article that John McEnroe has it and won't be covering the US Open.  It's doing it's thing again.  😪

I started laboring not long after this post. Felt hard to breathe. Went to the ER, and I ****ing have blood clots in my lungs. 

• Sad 16

32 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I have been combing through your old posts looking for hints as to your identity. I think I’ve figured it out. Is this you?

I remember both Travis and his brother. Tough to hear him talk about his struggles as I know a lot of people from county who've had similar issues. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I remember both Travis and his brother. Tough to hear him talk about his struggles as I know a lot of people from county who've had similar issues. 

Ok, I’ve got another guess. I notice you seem to dislike Donald Trump but you’ve never wished harm on all people with the initials D.T. Is there a reason for that?

• Haha 2

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ok, I’ve got another guess. I notice you seem to dislike Donald Trump but you’ve never wished harm on all people with the initials D.T. Is there a reason for that?

Ha! Sat in between Travis and a guy with those same initials in an Algebra I class long ago. Someone's about to break this case wide open. 🤣

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Good luck with that, bro, ****'s no joke and glad you caught it.

Yeah. I think I'm gonna be here awhile. Freaked me out how so many ppl started coming in and out after results came back. I thought they were about to tell me I had cancer or something.

Everybody keeps rubbing my chest down w all this weird gooey stuff to get readings (I think. I just stfu for the most part,  unless i have a feeling what theyre doing might be killing me), and I'm afraid that it feels very good... Might try to stay here a little longer.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah. I think I'm gonna be here awhile. Freaked me out how so many ppl started coming in and out after results came back. I thought they were about to tell me I had cancer or something.

Everybody keeps rubbing my chest down w all this weird gooey stuff to get readings (I think. I just stfu for the most part,  unless i have a feeling what theyre doing might be killing me), and I'm afraid that it feels very good... Might try to stay here a little longer.

Have they given you a diagnosis/prognosis?  (Sorry, my mom's a nurse and I want to know everything 🙄

• Like 1