Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

We have now struck Atlanta and Charlotte from consideration.  And any states that don't at least allow for medical marijuana.  Orlando has moved back up the list.

BTW, covid is still kicking both our asses.  She is on like day 6 and I'm on 3 I think.  My fever at least seems to have broke last night.

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
Typos

4 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

We have now struck Atlanta and Charlotte from consideration.  And any states that don't at least allow for medical marijuana.  Orlando has moved back up the list.

BTW, covid is still kicking both our asses.  She is on like day 6 and I'm on 3 I think.  My fever at least seems to have broke last night.

Good luck to both of you.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Bro where do you play my wife and I are looking for good competition

btw I'm drunk right now

montgomery county and howard county have play all week. my YMCA has 6 days a week in ellicott city but friday nights i play at route 40 tennis center. alot of 4.0+ players there

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Sure, if you're the kind of person who likes strangers in your house. 

I don't.

references. i found my cleaning person through a friend.  she literally comes to my house every month and legit cleans every corner, window and bathroom.  she's here for 4-5 hours and we pay her 150

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

North Carolina may be on the way to getting medical marijuana.

https://www.northcarolinahealthnews.org/2022/04/20/what-is-the-state-of-medical-marijuana-legalization-in-north-carolina/

Were you guys in VA beach before you went to the Ozarks?  What didn’t you like about it?  What are you looking for?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

references. i found my cleaning person through a friend.  she literally comes to my house every month and legit cleans every corner, window and bathroom.  she's here for 4-5 hours and we pay her 150

I had my own housekeeping biz back in the 90s, so I'm aware of both sides. 

I'm just a very private person and it's just the usual stuff that I'm doing today...I was just complaining about it because I busted my ass for 6 days at work this week and I'm tired and just want to lay around with the kitties. 

I've gotten everything done except changing the bed.  That can technically wait till tomorrow because it's just me in it (and the kitties, of course).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Were you guys in VA beach before you went to the Ozarks?  What didn’t you like about it?  What are you looking for?

Yea.  The main thing I didn't like about VA Beach was enough to make me not even consider if I'd like it otherwise and that was the amount of military.  I got no desire to be around that stuff anymore.  We are looking for somewhere not too expensive but with a vibrant nightlife where we can walk to different bars. Do we put drinking and partying too high on the priority list?

On another note, we were sitting down on the sofa with the TV playing the news.  A segment came up about the inflation reduction bill or whatever its called.  I told Buzzette "I'm still not 100% this will even pass but I really hope it does.  This could do a lot of good for the country."  She just stared at me with her eyebrows furrowed.  So I elaborated.  "I got no problem admitting smart policy no matter the party it comes from.  And in the long run, things like this will probably make the country a better place to live."  Again, just a stare.  

I look back at the TV and while I had been making my initial statement, apparently the script at the bottom of the TV had changed from inflation bill to "Indiana outlaws abortion!"  So there was some understandable confusion.

• Thanks 1

Virginia Beach sucks. If my business wasn’t based here I’d gtfo… it isn’t walkable, the ocean front is one giant tourist trap, the cops are assholes, they city is ran by people who think the city should stay stuck in the 80s, the architecture is very cookiecutter, and the best restaurants here are national chain restaurants. It’s crowded, hot, and mediocre. That’s Virginia Beach.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

I'll always have fond memories of VB since I grew up in Kempsville. But I haven't been back since I moved west in August 1999. I doubt I'd even recognize Virginia Beach these days. 

Anyone know when Lynnhaven Fish House closed? Remember going there as a kid for special occasions and always having good seafood. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I had forgotten how much I love the Inner Harbor BMore.  I could definitely nab a condo and semi-retire up here.

We talked about it.  She grew up not far from there and said she always dreamed of having a downtown apartment there.  But man, those taxes!  Especially since Maryland does not exempt disabled veteran taxes.  I'd love to though.

30 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

We talked about it.  She grew up not far from there and said she always dreamed of having a downtown apartment there.  But man, those taxes!  Especially since Maryland does not exempt disabled veteran taxes.  I'd love to though.

Gotta pay to play, big grip Buzz!

• Sad 1