Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

8 minutes ago, Nerm said:

There was no such thing as a WHO test.  That is something that never existed.  It is just a dishonest talking point to spread distrust of the administration during a national emergency.  And I'm actually not being sarcastic this time.

People already distrust this **** show of an administration during a national emergency.... And please show me where there is no WHO approved test, when the Corona virus white house task force leader literally said the test was given false positives making it unreliable which she later clarified but trying to cover for the orange piece of **** in the white house burns her credibility 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nerm said:

There was no such thing as a WHO test.  That is something that never existed.  It is just a dishonest talking point to spread distrust of the administration during a national emergency.  And I'm actually not being sarcastic this time.

Gotta say, when even twa's defense of Trump is to claim that the WHO test wasn't as accurate as he'd like, a claim that it never existed at all is gonna need some really good support before I'm buying it.  

17 minutes ago, Nerm said:

https://archive.is/feg5g#selection-541.0-557.280

GUPTA: And, Dr. Fauci, I want to echo what Anderson said as well. Thank you very much for your service. People may not know this, Dr. Fauci is 79 years old and, I mean, you have the energy I think many of us emulate. Let me ask one more question though about this testing. I know you've talked a lot about it, but I think, you know, Dr. Fauci, there was a test.

It was being distributed around the world. WHO was using this test, I believe it was created in Germany, in Berlin, and it was being used, and yet we did not use it in this country even as a stopgap measure, even as we prepared to make our own test. And as a result, we got behind. That's a problem. And I'm just wondering, was that a mistake? Should we have used that test? Why didn't we?

FAUCI: Well, you know, Sanjay, I'm not sure that it was a mistake. But certainly, you know, if you look back and Monday morning quarterback it would have been nice to have had a backup. But what the CDC has done over many, many years when we have things like this is to develop their own test, which is always really a good test, and to roll it out in a way that we call a public health-directed, where they give it to departments of public health.

Come again????

5 minutes ago, Nerm said:

If you want to say that WHO never called and said "here, use our test", yes, you're right.  But when the CDC test was clearly defective and had trouble being rolled out, why didn't we go get the WHO approved test? (Which is what I meant by the WHO test)

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1

So the WHO test recipe and ingredients were sent to under developed nations, but there was no kits offered to the US, and it is standard practice for developed nations to make their own, not have the WHO send them any test kits.  It is just dishonest for dems to claim any tests were offered and rejected.  There were no tests offered or rejected.

Dude mostly talking out his ass.... But he is right on the count that the US did not reject the WHO test or use the Who testing kits test protocol, they just did not ship them to the US as they had shipped to other countries that could not produce tests rapidly like they thought the US could... Obviously we ****ed that up, starting from ****ty presidential leadership from the orange turd or piece of ****

14 hours ago, Nerm said:

So the WHO test recipe and ingredients were sent to under developed nations, but there was no kits offered to the US, and it is standard practice for developed nations to make their own, not have the WHO send them any test kits.  It is just dishonest for dems to claim any tests were offered and rejected.  There were no tests offered or rejected.

Yes blame those Dems......Lol

Also would you admit YOU, Nerm, were being dishonest saying there is no WHO test? 

Edited by killerbee99
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

So you do concede that a WHO test exists, correct?

So we FUBAR'D the test development (which doesn't seem to have happened in any other developed nation in the world), why not call WHO or any other country at that point and say we need a stopgap cause we messed up on the development? 

5 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Dude you all over the place... Is there a WHO test or not? Please show where that **** doesn't exist

The WHO had a recipe to follow, and sent ingredients to underdeveloped countries.  They did not have any kits to offer the US, and the administration didn't reject any such offer.  It just isn't true.  Yes they had a recipe, but not the actual tests.

2 minutes ago, Nerm said:

The WHO had a recipe to follow, and sent ingredients to underdeveloped countries.  They did not have any kits to offer the US, and the administration didn't reject any such offer.  It just isn't true.  Yes they had a recipe, but not the actual tests.

Offered, rejected is not the main point.  WHO has a standing program for helping countries who can't develop their own test.  For whatever reason, US fell into that category in the beginning (and still lagging on testing capacity).  WH could've asked for help from the WHO or any other country in the world who had a working test (including one of our staunchest ally in SK, who's exporting tests to bunch of countries).  The help is available.  WH chose not to take it.  What difference does it make that no one picked up the phone to call US and said "you know we can help right?". WH didn't know without WHO or these countries telling them?????

19 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Jesus dude... You just said the WHO sent they recipe to develop a test approved by the WHO and sent materials to create the test kit..... So isn't that a WHO test kit.... Lol..... Stup kissing Trumps ****ing pasty ass 

And I already conceded that yes the White house didn't reject the kits bcos they were never offered to them... But for ****s sake... We should have been ramping up and getting either those tests as a stop gap till we got our own tests during a ****ing pandemic that could kill a lot of people..... God forbid it affects anyone in your family and figure out why you can test them because oh wait..... Not enough tests available still.... It would be funny if it wasn't so ****ing sad.... Most developed country in the world my ass

Edited by killerbee99
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Jesus dude... You just said the WHO sent they recipe to develop a test approved by the WHO and sent materials to create the test kit..... So isn't that a WHO test kit.... Lol..... Stup kissing Trumps ****ing pasty ass 

Do you understand the  difference between an ingredient and a meal?  There were no kits that the WHO was offering.

• Haha 2

Oh wait I am sorry... Due to the visionary,... Slurp, slurp,.... once in a lifetime... Slurp, slurp.... leadership provided by this president.... Who saw this coming months ago... Not enough tests are available and we still don't know how many people are truly infected..... Is that what most Republicans still ****ing believe

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

Do you understand the  difference between an ingredient and a meal?  There were no kits that the WHO was offering.

So under developed countries manufactured working kits with whatever it was WHO provided, but US would not have?  Is that the argument now?

5 minutes ago, Nerm said:

So why didn't the administration ask for the recipe along with the ingredients?  This makes no sense.  I feel like something is missing.  Not everyone in the administration is that stupid.

Edited by kfrankie

9 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Oh my bad, I guess they should just put the test kit together then ship it to meet your criteria.... GtFO with that bull****... It is a WHO test kit.... Not just instructions and good luck putting that **** together and getting materials u will need to put the test kit together... Come on man just admit you were wrong on that one....damn

Roger, I just hate people who aren't humble and knowing when they are ****ing wrong.... Like the piece of **** in the white house.... I am out and going back to silent mode

Edited by killerbee99

3 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Oh my bad, I guess they should just put the test kit together then ship it to meet your criteria.... GtFO with that bull****... It is a WHO test kit.... Not just instructions and good luck outing that **** together and getting materials u will need to put the test kit together... Come on man just admit you were wrong on that one....damn

Roger, I just hate people who aren't humble and knowing when they are ****ing wrong.... Like the piece of **** in the white house.... I am out and going back to silent mode

So it's like the Joe Corbi pizza kits we used to sell for fundraisers where you have to put on the sauce, cheese and toppings, not the Papa John's Pizza we have delivered to our door.

Ok, I usually tiptoe around these political debates, but I came in like a wrecking ball this time.  I'm not saying that the administration did things well.  I am just saying that it is untrue that the administration rejected tests that were offered.  That is why fact check organizations are saying these claims are untrue... because they are untrue.

7 minutes ago, bearrock said:

So under developed countries manufactured working kits with whatever it was WHO provided, but US would not have?  Is that the argument now?

Nope, never said that.  Just that what Biden and others are saying is clearly untrue.  The fact checkers agree with me on this, even the ones that strongly dislike Trump.

• Like 2