Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: 2019 Nightmare Season Finale'

skins island connection

Who wins?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What triumphs, possible postseason play or pride?

• Redskins
    • Cowboys
    • All I want for XMas is Bruce Allen thrown into a dumpster
    • I've checked out long ago, i'm here for the beer

Another great post, skins island connection.  72-45-2!!!!!!!!  NEWS FLASH:  This is not a rivalry!!!!!!!!!!  I repeat.  This is not a rivalry!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...beating the Cowboys could potentially move us back to #5 in the draft.  So what would I want for a belated Christmas present?  I would want the Lions, Giants, and Dolphins to win so I could root hard core for the Redskins to beat the Cowboys.  The only problem with that scenario is the Redskins would lose again, the Cowboys would make the playoffs, and would probably go on to win the Super Bowl.

So to be safe, Philly must beat the Giants.  And like the last two weeks, the Redskins can play a competitive game, yet I wouldn't be upset if they loss.  The formula has been working perfectly.  The trifecta, please!!!!!  OTOH, I would not be surprised if the Cowboys absolutely ran the Redskins out of the state of Texas, because they are better than their record and much better than the Redskins.  They've had a strange season.

Dallas 31

Redskins  24

Jerry's Girls 28

Skins 12

Eagles win and we get to watch Jerry go full drama wanting some glory hole.

Dan fires most of the coaching staff on Monday.  Bruce remains like a STD.  Skins have the #2 pick and while many are excited about the prospects of drafting Young the 2020 season will result in Tress Way again being our best player.  Redskins will be consistently using a silent count at FedEx.  The new coach will be on the hot seat and speculation will abound about the Redskins looking for a new HC a year from now.  

And we thought this was rock bottom.  LOL

4 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Another great post, skins island connection.  72-45-2!!!!!!!!  NEWS FLASH:  This is not a rivalry!!!!!!!!!!  I repeat.  This is not a rivalry!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...beating the Cowboys could potentially move us back to #5 in the draft.  So what would I want for a belated Christmas present?  I would want the Lions, Giants, and Dolphins to win so I could root hard core for the Redskins to beat the Cowboys.  The only problem with that scenario is the Redskins would lose again, the Cowboys would make the playoffs, and would probably go on to win the Super Bowl.

So to be safe, Philly must beat the Giants.  And like the last two weeks, the Redskins can play a competitive game, yet I wouldn't be upset if they loss.  The formula has been working perfectly.  The trifecta, please!!!!!  OTOH, I would not be surprised if the Cowboys absolutely ran the Redskins out of the state of Texas, because they are better than their record and much better than the Redskins.  They've had a strange season.

Dallas 31

Redskins  24

I try...

But keep in mind, the Giants are like the Po-Po, they always show up when least expected!

The Redskins played the Eagles and Giants the past 2 weeks, and in both games offense was the 'it' thing. Both the Eagles and Giants have weak defenses, so I'd expect to see them having a score fest in the 37-34 area; and it seems that whenever a team has to beat the Giants to make post-season, the Giants have other ideas and end up spanking their opponent, so for Philly to win, they will need to put up a ton of points and make a stop late in the 4th.

Regarding the Redskins/Cowboys, everything is off the table. I'd expect to see a bunch of personal fouls, unsportsmanlike penalties, and flat-out body throwing to be happening. Its these types of games that keep the faint pilot light of rivalry lit. Don't be too surprised to see the Redskins jump out to a big lead, only to lose it in the 2nd half.

Remember a couple/few years ago when we just had to beat a bad Giants team to make the playoffs? Cousins was trying to prove he was a elite QB and break the bank?

Dallas reminds me of that team right now. I suspect the same results for them. Plus Keenum is probably believes he is playing for a starting QB job somewhere in the league next year.  

23-17 Redskins.

Giants also beat the Eagles, so this win will actually have meaning in our existential chaos of a season. 

15 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I try...

But keep in mind, the Giants are like the Po-Po, they always show up when least expected!

The Redskins played the Eagles and Giants the past 2 weeks, and in both games offense was the 'it' thing. Both the Eagles and Giants have weak defenses, so I'd expect to see them having a score fest in the 37-34 area; and it seems that whenever a team has to beat the Giants to make post-season, the Giants have other ideas and end up spanking their opponent, so for Philly to win, they will need to put up a ton of points and make a stop late in the 4th.

Regarding the Redskins/Cowboys, everything is off the table. I'd expect to see a bunch of personal fouls, unsportsmanlike penalties, and flat-out body throwing to be happening. Its these types of games that keep the faint pilot light of rivalry lit. Don't be too surprised to see the Redskins jump out to a big lead, only to lose it in the 2nd half.

To be clear, not for an instant have I considered the Eagles-Giants game a foregone conclusion in favor of the Eagles.  In fact, the physical and emotional exertion needed for the Eagles to beat the Cowboys may have been used up Sunday.  The Eagles may very well be a shell of itself this Sunday at Giants Stadium.

I honestly don't have that same sense of uncertainty in the Cowboys-Redskins game.  The Cowboys have beaten me into submission.  In fact, I would be surprised if the Redskins could somehow keep it close.  The Redskins have a way of curing whatever ails the Cowboys.  This game could be cathartic for the Cowboys if Philly loses.  I fear that Jerry World will become a huge party with the Redskins serving as a pinata (blindfold not included).  Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong.  May they scare all of us to death who want the #2 pick by losing a close one.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just remember who started this when you wake up in a cold sweat tonight with Ernie Grunfeld standing in the corner, muttering "Vesely! Blanche! Mahinmi!" like a wandering lost soul.

That’s harsh man, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a Grunfeld out once he starts haunting a place?  

Cowgirls 30 and Skins 24.   Case throws for 3 touchdowns and we make one of two field goals.

Cowgirls sneak into the playoffs because the Eagles choke and lose to the NY football Giants.

Jerry decides not to fire his Head Coach and that is good news for the NFC East division because that guy is worse than Jay Gruden.

He always has a smug look on his face when the camera shows him on the sidelines.  Jason Garrett remaining as the Head Coach is

a small Christmas gift to Skins fans.  The big Christmas gift could be delivered by the Danny if he steps up to the podium on Monday

to announce Allen has retired and he will be going to live out the rest of his days at his Newport Beach CA mansion.

Now if the Danny chickens out then karma will kick him big time and he will find charcoal in his Christmas stocking this year.

Then during 2020. the Skins will lose so much money that the NFL owners will decide to take action using the Commissioner

to invoke the one special clause in their rules indicating the Danny has neglected his franchise and must be removed- conduct detrimental

to the league (The NFL Shield has been tarnished by the Danny's actions).

Archived