Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Wars Episode VII - The Shanny Strikes Back aka Skins vs 9ers Game Day Thread

TK

Just now, carex said:

just remember, if you think the FO is incompetant than a top three pick isn't worth much more than a seventh round pick

I think we'll be top 3 or even top 2. We really are that bad at this point. The Dolphins are a historically bad team and they probably would have beaten us if they really tried. That two point conversion had "lol, yeah we totally want to win <wink wink>" written all over it. 

1 minute ago, carex said:

just remember, if you think the FO is incompetant than a top three pick isn't worth much more than a seventh round pick

This is such a strawman that only you and bakedtater keep repeating. Our drafting with Kyle Smith is arguably the only part of our roster building process that is working on some level. And it's hard to mess up a top-5 pick. 

26 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I have been watching the Forums for over 5 years without ever signing up to reply on here. I just took the time to finally do it to cancel my redskins Fanship and head to the Vikings camp. RIP Skins. Much love!

Bye Kirk. Have fun with your 1 playoff game.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is such a strawman that only you and bakedtater keep repeating. Our drafting with Kyle Smith is arguably the only part of our roster building process that is working on some level. And it's hard to mess up a top-5 pick. 

why don't you wiki NFL draft histories and double check that.  The busts are many.  And anyway, Smith doesn't have final say

Just now, carex said:

why don't you wiki NFL draft histories and double check that.  The busts are many.  And anyway, Smith doesn't have final say

I know. That's why people are interested in him becoming the GM, possibly, if we are lucky enough to see Bruce fired. The point stands that our drafting has improved under him and it's one of the few things working relatively well here. (note: I am not in love with Smith or tied to him, I'd happily take any objectively qualified GM candidate given full control and HC-hiring power)

I honestly have never seen a poster here that I so consistently think is wrong about everything. I have to stop myself from quoting you often, so it doesn't seem like I'm following you around and harassing you, that's how often we disagree. It's uncanny. 

12 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I want Kurt to throw for 400 and 4 td's. Make Bruce and Dan look more stupid than they already are.

It’s not a game that the Vikes absolutely need for the playoffs so I think Kirk will pass all over this team and have a strong game.

37 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I have been watching the Forums for over 5 years without ever signing up to reply on here. I just took the time to finally do it to cancel my redskins Fanship and head to the Vikings camp. RIP Skins. Much love!

Well don’t come back begging for your fanship card next year when they go 4-12!

4 minutes ago, Csup said:

It’s not a game that the Vikes absolutely need for the playoffs so I think Kirk will pass all over this team and have a strong game.

I dont know. The dude folds under pressure consistently. And playing your old team, no matter how god awful they are, is a pressure situation. I wouldnt be shocked if he threw for 4 TD's or fumbled twice and threw 2 INT's. That is what you get with Cousins, Uncertainty.

Won 2 games out of the last 14. I dare say we may, by the end of this season, will have maybe 3 or 4 wins out of 23.  I honestly cant see how it gets better next year. Been an optimist for many years with this team but I have absolutely no hope on this franchise going forward due to the front office.  Sorry about the rant but they have their collective foot on my throat and I'm done. Sorry guys, just venting...pathetically I'll be back next week.

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Won 2 games out of the last 14. I dare say we may, by the end of this season, will have maybe 3 or 4 wins out of 23.  I honestly cant see how it gets better next year. Been an optimist for many years with this team but I have absolutely no hope on this franchise going forward due to the front office.  Sorry about the rant but they have their collective foot on my throat and I'm done. Sorry guys, just venting...pathetically I'll be back next week.

Vent away. That is what this site is for. I for one see no way Bruce keeps his job if they win less than 5 games. It would just be a situation that Snyder could not explain away. Allen's W-L record is laughable. And if he returns next year I will be honestly done with the Redskins. I wont go to another NFL team, cant do it. But I will completely abandon this franchise for the Nats or Caps. Actually, I am kind of shocked that hasnt happened yet, But I grew up during the glory years when the Redskins had a real owner.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Vent away. That is what this site is for. I for one see no way Bruce keeps his job if they win less than 5 games. It would just be a situation that Snyder could not explain away. Allen's W-L record is laughable. And if he returns next year I will be honestly done with the Redskins. I wont go to another NFL team, cant do it. But I will completely abandon this franchise for the Nats or Caps. Actually, I am kind of shocked that hasnt happened yet, But I grew up during the glory years when the Redskins had a real owner.

45 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

The Vikings lol. Why not the Cowboys? if your gonna drop the Mic at least do it from shoulder height.😂

6 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

1ir63p.jpg

I just no longer have any interest in debating the "intricacies" of this team...whether it's the QB, Trent, coach...none of it matters till we change the front office. Get rid of Bruce and hire a GM that is no longer a puppet of Snyder. That's the only hope going forward. Unfortunately for me nothing else matters at this point. Thank God I've got this site to vent to. Been here since the TSN days. Losing has become expected...that in and of itself is shameful. I just cannot believe what this franchise has become. Not just bad but the laughingstock of the entire league!

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I just no longer have any interest in debating the "intricacies" of this team...whether it's the QB, Trent, coach...none of it matters till we change the front office. Get rid of Bruce and hire a GM that is no longer a puppet of Snyder. That's the only hope going forward. Unfortunately for me nothing else matters at this point. Thank God I've got this site to vent to. Been here since the TSN days. Losing has become expected...that in and of itself is shameful. I just cannot believe what this franchise has become. Not just bad but the laughingstock of the entire league!

Totally know what you mean about it being hard to find the details important when we have Bruce Allen in the building in any capacity. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Totally know what you mean about it being hard to find the details important when we have Bruce Allen in the building in any capacity. 

The thing is none of this is new...you, me, everyone else including my damn dog has been saying this for years. Yet no change in sight. I honestly dont see Allen gone at the end of the year no matter how many games we lose. Dear God...someone hand me another beer. Lol

Just now, Chris 44 said:

I hate to tell you this, but Dan, who owns the team and who will never sell is the architect of all our pain. There is no out, no solution, no resolve. Dan runs the the team, Dan wants to get it right but won’t, because he’s incompetent, and Dan can do that from the lazy boy on his 100million dollar yacht with the imax screen. Dan is literally everything wrong with our team and Dan will never admit that. Dan. Not Charley, Not vinny, Not Norv, Not Marty, Not Joe, Not Mike, Not Bruce, Not Bill.

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Let him walk. You can not pay him the money he wants. 

Yeah we may have to do that. He's going to be asking for All Pro top 2 level money, and he ain't that. He's a good Guard but he's not elite and he's been very mediocre this year. 

But someone will overpay for him I'm sure. 

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I hate to tell you this, but Dan, who owns the team and who will never sell is the architect of all our pain. There is no out, no solution, no resolve. Dan runs the the team, Dan wants to get it right but won’t, because he’s incompetent, and Dan can do that from the lazy boy on his 100million dollar yacht with the imax screen. Dan is literally everything wrong with our team and Dan will never admit that. Dan. Not Charley, Not vinny, Not Norv, Not Marty, Not Joe, Not Mike, Not Bruce, Not Bill.

Your 100% right in that it is ultimately on Dan. However we all know he is not selling. Him finally realizing that he needs to step back entirely is the only thing that will bring hope.

33 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Really?  The word is still out on Haskins but right now he does not appear to be someone  worthy of a 15th pick.  Sweat is a mediocre player, the notion that we got a steal is laughable.  Payne and Allen are good but nothing special, considering their draft positions.  Guice is a bust.  Even before his recent injury I saw nothing exciting about him.  McLauren is decent, I’ll give them that.  

I mean what impact player have they drafted in the last 10 years?  MAYBE you can argue Kerrigan and Reed.  We haven’t had decent middle linebackers in a decade. We haven’t drafted a decent outside WR in over 2 decades. The o-line drafts have been mediocre at best.  No talented TE drafted in a long time.  No quality CBS drafted in a long time.  No quality safeties.  How can you possible say they’ve drafted well?

Archived