Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Top 5 ---

757SeanTaylor21

No love for million dollar baby in the sports movies?

I'm curious to know how you got to your top 5. 

Comedies I think my top 5 is

1)old school 

2) white chicks

3) ace Ventura (actually any early Jim Carey movies from ventura to liar liar)

4) friday

5) spaceballs

I'm glad to see some have a hard time narrowing down to just 5. I was perplexed thinking of 5 comedies.

Damn, this is hard af.  

Actors:
Phillip Seymour Hoffy (RIP :( )
Denzel

Geoffrey Rush
Sir Anthony Hopkins

Ralph Fiennes

Actresses:
Frances McDormand

Emma Thompson
Meryl Streep

Viola Davis

Charlize Theron

Top 5 action movies:
Terminator 2

The Fugitive
Aliens

Dark Knight
Raiders of the Lost Ark

Top 5 comedies:
Monty Python - Holy Grail
Superbad

Young Frankenstein

Coming to America
Big Lebowski

Top 5 war movies:
Glory
Full Metal Jacket

The Great Escape

Saving Private Ryan
Sands of Iwo Jima

Top 5 Dramas:
Chinatown

Call me By Your Name (Michael Stuhlbarg gave arguably the greatest monologue of the 21st century in this film)
12 Angry Men

L.A. Confidential
Mulholland Drive

Top 10 Foreign movies (i can't pick just 5):
This is England
The Man from Nowhere

The Wailing
King of Devil's Island
A Separation
The Lives of Others
Let the Right One In
Memories of Murder
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
City of God

This is why I generally hate lists, not only do I always forget about movies I absolutely love, but a lot of times my "top movies" depend on immediate memories at the exact time I am making the list and I will look back at the list later and curse myself that I didn't choose this or that instead.

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Make a top 5 actress list.  Be a revolutionary!

🙂 It's hard to choose just five of either gender, but I'll take a shot at 10 females and this list in no particular order...

Meryl Streep

Sally Field

Nicole Kidman

Angela Bassett

Regina King

Faye Dunaway

Frances McDormand

Jessica Lange

Glenn Close

Sissy Spacek

There are so many from earlier eras that deserve some attention here but this list certainly covers my personal faves, minus one or two. 

Edit- I would add that the ladies on this list rival any male performer in history. 

30 minutes ago, Chachie said:

🙂 It's hard to choose just five of either gender, but I'll take a shot at 10 females and this list in no particular order...

Meryl Streep

Sally Field

Nicole Kidman

Angela Bassett

Regina King

Faye Dunaway

Frances McDormand

Jessica Lange

Glenn Close

Sissy Spacek

There are so many from earlier eras that deserve some attention here but this list certainly covers my personal faves, minus one or two. 

Edit- I would add that the ladies on this list rival any male performer in history. 

#123456789&10

D0777CF6-EC6D-4EA5-B97F-86EB699DC4D8.jpeg

9 minutes ago, -JB- said:

#123456789&10

Yes sir. I don't care what I'm watching her in, I can never take my eyes off her. Not just for her beauty either. That woman could act her way out of a steel cage. Regina King has become my new obsession among african-american female actors though. I cannot wait for Watchmen on HBO. She's incredible.

Have you ever watched Big Little Lies on HBO? Great female cast there but Streep and Kidman are two cuts above the rest of the cast, which is pretty stacked with talent already.

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

Yes sir. I don't care what I'm watching her in, I can never take my eyes off her. Not just for her beauty either. That woman could act her way out of a steel cage. Regina King has become my new obsession among african-american female actors though. I cannot wait for Watchmen on HBO. She's incredible.

Have you ever watched Big Little Lies on HBO? Great female cast there but Streep and Kidman are two cuts above the rest of the cast, which is pretty stacked with talent already.

Bassett was robbed of a best actress Oscar for What’s Love Got To Do With It?!

Regina King is very good as well as Streep & Kidman 👍

21 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Bassett was robbed of a best actress Oscar for What’s Love Got To Do With It?!

In terms of being robbed?  There's only been two times where I walked out of a movie thinking "That guy deserves an Oscar for best supporting actor". (Neither was even nominated). 

Tom Arnold in True Lies. 
Fred Gwynn in My Cousin Vinny. 

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

In terms of being robbed?  There's only been two times where I walked out of a movie thinking "That guy deserves an Oscar for best supporting actor". (Neither was even nominated). 

Tom Arnold in True Lies. 
Fred Gwynn in My Cousin Vinny. 

If we are talking about performances not even nominated... What about Sean Penn as Kleinfeld in Carlito’s Way?  I walked out thinking he has to get at least nominated!   ****, even though it was a TV movie I thought Don Cheadle was great in Rebound: The Legend of Earl “The Goat” Manigault.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well then I think there are lots of insane choices being thrown out there if that is the case (Coming to America being an example).

Coming To America might be my favorite comedy movie of all time.  At least for me, it’s the Shawshank Redemption of comedies, any time it’s on I can play it from wherever it’s at and finish it lol

BTW while we’re at it, Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie of all-time.

Archived