The Fighter

Romantic Comedies, the best of cinema:

You’ve Got Mail

About Time

Groundhog Day

Silver Linings Playbook

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

Coming To America might be my favorite comedy movie of all time.  At least for me, it’s the Shawshank Redemption of comedies, any time it’s on I can play it from wherever it’s at and finish it lol

BTW while we’re at it, Shawshank Redemption is the greatest movie of all-time.

That is why I asked if this was personal favorites or what one thinks is historically top 5.  (My top two favorites I wouldn't put in the top 5 comedies of all time).

15 minutes ago, nonniey said:

That is why I asked if this was personal favorites or what one thinks is historically top 5.  (My top two favorites I wouldn't put in the top 5 comedies of all time).

It’s a personal ranking.  When it comes to comedies who cares about historical top 5’s because at one point My Big Fat Greek Wedding was the most talked about comedy of the year and that **** wasn’t funny at all to me.  Corny.

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

Top 10 comedies of the 2000’s

1.) Superbad

2.) Anchorman

3.) Pineapple Express

4.) Step Brothers

5.) The 40 Year Old Virgin

6.) Wedding Crashers

7.) How High

8.) Old School

9.) Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

10.) The Hangover

BOOM 💥 

I would supplant pineapple express with knocked up....which is really the only seth Rogan movie I find funny. And old school at number one. Heck even the internship was great. White chicks was too

2 hours ago, Chew said:

I'm trying to plug Tropic Thunder into your list somewhere, @-JB-, but having a hard time.  Maybe swap it out with Harold & Kumar.

I thought about putting it in there!  Robert Downey Jr’s role alone should get it on the list ha

3 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I would supplant pineapple express with knocked up....which is really the only seth Rogan movie I find funny. And old school at number one. Heck even the internship was great. White chicks was too

Cmon man!  Pineapple Express clearly better than knocked up!  “You used to not give a **** about discretion.  I seent you rip somebody jaw bone off.  I seent it.” 😂

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

The lack of respect given to Dinner For Schmucks is highly disturbing.

That came out in 2010 tho so technically that doesn’t count in the 2000-2009 time frame I was aiming at lol

On 10/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, China said:

1. Brian's Song

2. Rocky

3. Field of Dreams

4.  Hoosiers

5.  Slap Shot

I was about to ask why nobody included Slap Shot in their sports film lists. Good man, China.

(No love for North Dallas Forty?)

Are we just talking movies because if not - top 5 favorite sporting events:

1.) MLB playoffs (I live for October Baseball)

2.) Stanley Cup Playoffs (At least as cutthroat and thrilling as MLB Playoffs)

[Big gap]

3.) Michigan-Ohio State football game (not a fan of either but that hate is so real and potent, I can't resist it)

4.) NCAA Basketball Tournaments (both men's and woman's)

5.) NFL Playoffs (Love the football, *loath* the glut of commercials)

On 10/16/2019 at 4:38 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Robert Redford never seems to get mentioned as a top 5 actor and yet he's nearly impossible not to notice in his films.

In his prime, he owned the screen. I'd add Hanks, De Niro/Nicholson (even if it's the same character over and over), and Harrison Ford to my personal list.

Spy Game is a top 10 movie for me.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:40 PM, DCSaints_fan said:

Pacino?  Deniro? Denzel Washington? Nicholson? DiCaprio? 

Edit: Also Anthony Hopkins, Daniel-Day Lewis

0A6269B6-308C-44E8-A2DC-364501305EC0.gif

15 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

There is so much bad about new jack city, Ice T's acting being the worst of the bunch, but it is still an undeniable classic

Haha yea man & Judd Nelson as Nick was bad too but man oh man was Wesley great as Nino Brown.  Such an underrated actor in my opinion.  We need a Wesley comeback ha

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Haha yea man & Judd Nelson as Nick was bad too but man oh man was Wesley great as Nino Brown.  Such an underrated actor in my opinion.  We need a Wesley comeback ha

I always wondered just what the hell Keisha thought she was going to accomplish by leaving cover during that shootout

Archived