Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

14 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Claiming racism where it does not exist is highly offensive, it diluted the power of the charge when it is actually applicable such as the lack of diversity in upper management roles in sports.  You made a similar post earlier claiming we were racists, one I chose to ignore as this is an uncomfortable topic. But since you insist on pushing your agenda I will continue to respond. 

Sports is perhaps the fairest employment situation we have in this country with regard to the players.  Now I won't pretend racism did not exist with regard to AA QBs in the past who were forced to change positions. But obviously that era is long gone.  Now what we have is the most fair playing field of any job I can think of. If you really believe a coach would sabotage his chances at retaining employment by playing a worse white QB over an AA QB then you are simply clueless.  It's in the coach's best interest to play the best players regarless of race, and sit those who are not performing, and that's exactly what is happening here. 

Again I bring up Paxton Lynch, a topic you are avoiding for obvious reasons. Did the Denver fans rally around Paxton and claim he was treated terribly unfairly after only 4 starts?  No they did not. 

You know what's offensive? Claiming that racism doesn't exist because you don't understand it and don't have a clue about how it effects the black players.  The NFL has all kinds of issues with systemic racism, not just for management.  Thinking that it doesn't exist for the players is laughably clueless and naive.  A league where Collin Kaepernick is blackballed and Colt McCoy makes twice as much money as Cam Newton.  Was it in Bill O'Brien's best interest to run DeAndre Hopkins out of Houston for a ham sandwich because he didn't like how his babies mamas were always around?  Pretty sure that got him fired.  Was it in Chicago's interest to draft Mitch Trubisky instead of DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes?  Was it in Buffalo's or New York's or Arizona's interest to draft Darnold/Allen/Rosen over Lamar Jackson?

Jesus, I can't believe this argument is even happening.  It should be self evident that black players face racism and double standards to every NFL fan who doesn't have his head shoved up his ass.

22 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I have invited yall to make a topic about race and politics as it pertains to sports and QBs and Haskins in particular and you still choose to have the conversation in the place its not wanted or allowed. I have to assume that's intentional **** you to the mods and everyone else not trying to have that discussion. 

And some of yall don't even add anything else to the discussion. I hate you guys in particular.

Why is it not allowed here?  This discussion about Haskins is a clear way the issue of race is playing out tangibly and directly for us right now.  I know I'm not the only one who has realized how problematic the stadium has been about race stuff over the years.  IMO this place is not going to get better by quarantining direct discussion of race issues to a single thread.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why is it not allowed here?  This discussion about Haskins is a clear way the issue of race is playing out tangibly and directly for us right now.  I know I'm not the only one who has realized how problematic the stadium has been about race stuff over the years.  IMO this place is not going to get better by quarantining direct discussion of race issues to a single thread.

Go ahead and make it better then. Show me the way. 

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You know what's offensive? Claiming that racism doesn't exist because you don't understand it and don't have a clue about how it effects the black players.  The NFL has all kinds of issues with systemic racism, not just for management.  Thinking that it doesn't exist for the players is laughably clueless and naive.  A league where Collin Kaepernick is blackballed and Colt McCoy makes twice as much money as Cam Newton.  Was it in Bill O'Brien's best interest to run DeAndre Hopkins out of Houston for a ham sandwich because he didn't like how his babies mamas were always around?  Pretty sure that got him fired.  Was it in Chicago's interest to draft Mitch Trubisky instead of DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes?  Was it in Buffalo's or New York's or Arizona's interest to draft Darnold/Allen/Rosen over Lamar Jackson?

Jesus, I can't believe this argument is even happening.  It should be self evident that black players face racism and double standards to every NFL fan who doesn't have his head shoved up his ass.

You insist on breaking the board rules and have now quoted my post that I have edited to remain in compliance. I suggest you just STFU already.  

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes. He had to show Dan his pick was putrid trash. 4 games was what it took. Haskins behavior afterward sealed it. He’s done.

That was my point. :)

Plus Ron already knew what he had in Cam and didn't want him here and wanted to try something new instead. Go into a different direction even if Haskins fails. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Go ahead and make it better then. Show me the way. 

Let the record state that me and @Darrell Green Fan tried to drop this before your post out of respect of others requesting and now we’re being called out

I’m having to hold my tongue hard right now. I really want to know why Steve here thinks certain players are entitled to certain things though.  It really explains his view on Haskins though. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes. He had to show Dan his pick was putrid trash. 4 games was what it took. Haskins behavior afterward sealed it. He’s done.

I honestly think Ron may have been high on Dwayne when he took the job, or at least willing to give him a chance to grow and to build off the way he ended last season.  But after 11 weeks of watching him miss receivers, 4 weeks of watching him make the same mistakes over and over, due to the lack of preparation, and seeing the division was within reach he had no choice but to bench the under performing player at the most important position. I have no idea why he is being criticized so harshly but we've already covered why that is.  

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Plus Ron already knew what he had in Cam and didn't want him here and wanted to try something new instead. Go into a different direction even if Haskins fails. 

No true. Your making an assumption he doesn’t want Cam. He had to end any hope in the bust first. Now if he passes on Cam this off-season you will be correct. However, Ron was not in a position to end Haskins before he even gave him a chance. He had to do this dance for Dan and Dan Jrs sake. Now he has a clean slate. Signing Cam would not have been seen as giving Haskins a fair shake. 

Wait wait wait... maybe I didn’t read far enough back but are we turning Dwayne Haskins benching into a race issue. For the love of god. 

I have backed haskins all the way, disagreeF wholeheartedly with his benching, but now it all makes sense and I realize I was wrong. Haskins is toxic, not because of his race, but because of his individual behavior, which is now well documented. Oh, also he was the worst qb in the league. 

btw, cam didn’t get picked up because he was viewed as damaged goods. He had taken so many hits that he was now injury prone and his arm strength was in question. Even this board was torn on picking him up, not because of his race, just because we didn’t know if he could reclaim his old self. If he plays the rest of the season like he had been playing before the broncos game you better believe he’ll be making more money than colt mccoy.

why did I have to check this board this morning... 

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I honestly think Ron may have been high on Dwayne when he took the job, or at least willing to give him a chance to grow and to build off the way he ended last season.  But after 11 weeks of watching him miss receivers, 4 weeks of watching him make the same mistakes over and over, due to the lack of preparation, and seeing the division was within reach he had no choice but to bench the under performing player at the most important position. I have no idea why he is being criticized so harshly but we've already covered why that is.  

Ron is smarter than the that. It was pretty obvious Haskins was a bust last year. He just had to do the dance for Dan. Nothing more. Now he can move forward.

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Exactly. Ron had to eviscerate any hope in Haskins. That part of the plan is now complete. He has a clean slate and full control now.

I don’t get the Cam hate. His teammates love him. Maybe not Josh Norman, but most do. He seems legitimately healthy and a top 10 QB again. He will be 32 start of next year. Probably 3 good years left. Instantly becomes the best QB in the division. 

Hmmm..  Not seeing that at all. Here are just a few numbers - I know numbers do not tell it all, but they do start to add up. Also, he is with the best HC in the NFL on a team with legitimate talent all over the place including def. 

Comp % - 12th

Yds/att - 18th

TDs - Tied for 32nd

Int - 4   so TD to Int ratio is 1 to 2 again tied for 32nd with Daniel Jones of all people. 

QBR - 28th 

Hard to make a case for top 10. His numbers are very similar to Haskins - again the main difference is Newton has a much better team around him. Yes he has some decent rushing numbers for a QB still. But as NE is seeing at 2-2 with Cam, that is a tough road to go down.

Make no mistake here - not saying Haskins should go in. I totally agreed with benching him. Time to move on. But Cam is maybe the worst choice as a new direction. 

Let me provide a different point of view - Let's just assume he is a good guy, team matres love him everywhere! And he is playing better than the numbers show - much better - I disagree with both but just for argument sake. The pressure to perform for him would be off the charts. A SB QB here with his SB HC. Can they recreate that magic here after failing since the SB run? As soon as things started to go sideways, the pressure from the media and fans here would be unmerciful. Cam has never shown the ability to rise above heavy criticism. And right now his physical talents are not what they used to be. 

People can slice this any way they want but for me, bringing Cam here would be a huge mistake and turn into a magnificent failure. 

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ron is smarter than the that. It was pretty obvious Haskins was a bust last year. He just had to do the dance for Dan. Nothing more. Now he can move forward.

Obviously I am one who is very down on  Dwayne. But even I didn't conclude before the season that he was a  bust.  I saw what others did at the end of the year, even though I was skeptical of him all along as a player even someone like me was willing to give it a chance. I firmly believe Ron thought the same way, he was willing to give a QB with this much raw talent a chance.  

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Hmmm..  Not seeing that at all. Here are just a few numbers - I know numbers do not tell it all, but they do start to add up. Also, he is with the best HC in the NFL on a team with legitimate talent all over the place including def. 

Comp % - 12th

Yds/att - 18th

TDs - Tied for 32nd

Int - 4   so TD to Int ratio is 1 to 2 again tied for 32nd with Daniel Jones of all people. 

QBR - 28th 

Hard to make a case for top 10. His numbers are very similar to Haskins - again the main difference is Newton has a much better team around him. Yes he has some decent rushing numbers for a QB still. But as NE is seeing at 2-2 with Cam, that is a tough road to go down.

Make no mistake here - not saying Haskins should go in. I totally agreed with benching him. Time to move on. But Cam is maybe the worst choice as a new direction. 

Let me provide a different point of view - Let's just assume he is a good guy, team matres love him everywhere! And he is playing better than the numbers show - much better - I disagree with both but just for argument sake. The pressure to perform for him would be off the charts. A SB QB here with his SB HC. Can they recreate that magic here after failing since the SB run? As soon as things started to go sideways, the pressure from the media and fans here would be unmerciful. Cam has never shown the ability to rise above heavy criticism. And right now his physical talents are not what they used to be. 

People can slice this any way they want but for me, bringing Cam here would be a huge mistake and turn into a magnificent failure. 

You are claiming the former NFL MVP is equivalent to Haskins??? 😂😂😂

Cam looked fanatic before he got Covid. This past game we can give him a pass since he was recovering and not practicing. Let’s see what he does next few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If you really think Ron is smart then there's no way you'd believe that. What a ****ed-up way to coach the team. All that would do is spark conspiracies that he purposefully sabotaged Haskins to be able to prove he was right. And that would spiral into a bunch of other conspiracies.

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Obviously I am one who is very down on  Dwayne. But even I didn't conclude before the season that he was a  bust.  I saw what others did at the end of the year, even though I was skeptical of him all along as a player even someone like me was willing to give it a chance. I firmly believe Ron thought the same way, he was willing to give a QB with this much raw talent a chance.  

It was obvious he was a bust dude. You wanted more info to confirm it but you knew. Dude sucks at football at this level. His attitude is worse. He had no chance and himself to blame. 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If you really think Ron is smart then there's no way you'd believe that. What a ****ed-up way to coach the team. All that would do is spark conspiracies that he purposefully sabotaged Haskins to be able to prove he was right. And that would spiral into a bunch of other conspiracies.

Haskins is garbage. You don’t need to sabotage something that is already broken. He simply had to put it on display for the owner who made the pick to see.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Cam looked fanatic before he got Covid.

Cam had a worse QBR in week 3 (pre-Covid) than Brian Hoyer did in week 4.  And it declined even more so last week.  Cam would've been the correct choice for this season, IMO.  I don't think we should even consider him for next year until the remainder of the season plays out.  

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

It was obvious he was a bust dude. You wanted more info to confirm it but you knew. Dude sucks at football at this level. His attitude is worse. He had no chance chance and himself to blame. 

I always believe his bust potential on draft day was huge.  But going into the season I just couldn't label him a bust at that time, now THAT would have been premature and unfair. But the way this season has played out since training camp (where there were viturally no reports of him lighting it up, instead we have reports of defenders purposely not making interceptions)  and for the first 4 games it should be clear who he is and what he is. 

18 minutes ago, zskins said:

After Cam signed with NE, RR went out of his way to quote that he thought hard about signing Cam but needed to see if DH was the answer. The fact that Cam only signed a 1 year deal with NE lets RR know that he can get him in the offseason. Remember, the COVID situation had everyone wondering if there would even be a season so maybe RR considered this year kind of a wash in many respects. He committed himself to learning about the young kids on this team and that is playing out. Bringing in Kyle Allen was his insurance policy over a failed DH for this season....he was the next best thing to Cam and would pose less of a threat to DH being the starter initially. Cam would've needed to be the starter immediately had he signed here whih in hindsight would've been better for everyone, even DH. He could've learned more and not been exposed by playing when he wasn't ready as Kurt Warner said. 

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It sounded pretty clear that Ron had options when he was interviewing.  I highly doubt he took this job with the mentality that he had a stiff at QB who he was going to be forced to trot out and probably lose early just to satisfy the owner. Who would start a new job with that plan?  No I believe Ron took this job with the thoughts that he could develop a QB with obvious talent. 

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I always believe his bust potential on draft day was huge.  But going into the season I just couldn't label him a bust at that time, now THAT would have been premature and unfair. But the way this season has played out since training camp (where there were viturally no reports of him lighting it up, instead we have reports of defenders purposely not making interceptions)  and for the first 4 games it should be clear who he is and what he is. 

Obviously it wasn’t premature and unfair because he is a bust. Some were more sure than others but everyone will eventually get there. 

Archived