Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Drastik said:

His statements to the press/media have not always aligned with one another over these past 2 months

That's one side of it, but the other is the leaks that have come out under his admin. They aren't as bad as the ones coming out of Dallas but they're not good. Just heard Ms Walker on Doc and Galdi and she didn't dismiss them but she seemed skeptical to how accurate they are and how she's hearing conflicting rumors (didn't go into what they were). 

 

If we could take him at his word then if Allen struggles or continues to make similar mistakes to Haskins, then Haskins may get another shot. But if we believe the rumors and especially the speculation from the rumors then it means that Haskins is done here and will be traded or released soon, which goes against him not giving up on Haskins. 

 

I don't know. Honestly I don't even care any more. I'm at a low point where not even the games excite me. The draft doesn't excite me. Playing Dallas doesn't excite me. Players on the team doesn't excite me. Coming here doesn't excite me. Its really a point where I'm literally grasping for straws to keep my faith as a fan. Maybe that will be Allen. Maybe that will be Ron. Maybe that will be Haskins (slim chance), but what do I have to root for when all I have to see is a losing product and a coach who tries to explain the losing and only contradicts himself. Do I just root for Lawrence? Isn't that what I did last year with Young or years ago with RG3? Its just a sad time right now. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

That's one side of it, but the other is the leaks that have come out under his admin. They aren't as bad as the ones coming out of Dallas but they're not good. Just heard Ms Walker on Doc and Galdi and she didn't dismiss them but she seemed skeptical to how accurate they are and how she's hearing conflicting rumors (didn't go into what they were). 

 

If we could take him at his word then if Allen struggles or continues to make similar mistakes to Haskins, then Haskins may get another shot. But if we believe the rumors and especially the speculation from the rumors then it means that Haskins is done here and will be traded or released soon, which goes against him not giving up on Haskins. 

 

I don't know. Honestly I don't even care any more. I'm at a low point where not even the games excite me. The draft doesn't excite me. Playing Dallas doesn't excite me. Players on the team doesn't excite me. Coming here doesn't excite me. Its really a point where I'm literally grasping for straws to keep my faith as a fan. Maybe that will be Allen. Maybe that will be Ron. Maybe that will be Haskins (slim chance), but what do I have to root for when all I have to see is a losing product and a coach who tries to explain the losing and only contradicts himself. Do I just root for Lawrence? Isn't that what I did last year with Young or years ago with RG3? Its just a sad time right now. 

I've been a Washington fan far too long to pay attention to rumors that are attributed to "sources close to the team" or "unknown NFC General Manager".

Now fans are expected to believe Grant Paulsen.... Grant Paulsen.... has some insider connections with coaches and players and they've been running to him to say that Dwayne is immature? If people really believe that stuff, then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell them. 

I was actually excited to see the growth and development of the team as the season progressed. 6 games in and now I'm not really excited for anything. I'm more so just watching how this saga is unfolding at this point....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Drastik said:

I've been a Washington fan far too long to pay attention to rumors that are attributed to "sources close to the team" or "unknown NFC General Manager".

Now fans are expected to believe Grant Paulsen.... Grant Paulsen.... has some insider connections with coaches and players and they've been running to him to say that Dwayne is immature? If people really believe that stuff, then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell them. 

I was actually excited to see the growth and development of the team as the season progressed. 6 games in and now I'm not really excited for anything. I'm more so just watching how this saga is unfolding at this point....

 

But it wasn't just Grant Paulson. At this point in time if you still don't believe all the rumors that have been coming out for 3 years now (including college) of Dwayne's work habits by now you will apparently never believe them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

But it wasn't just Grant Paulson. At this point in time if you still don't believe all the rumors that have been coming out for 3 years now (including college) of Dwayne's work habits by now you will apparently never believe them. 

Who else reported it or confirmed it? Not asking that in a jerk way

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Drastik said:

Who else reported it or confirmed it? Not asking that in a jerk way

 

I can't name them but they came from multiple sources this year, last year, and before the draft.  One article I read quoted Urban Myer as warning Ron that you needed to keep on Haskins to get the most out of him. That was a bit concerning to me, motivation should not ever be a factor with this job, but I was willing to let it play out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Drastik said:

I've been a Washington fan far too long to pay attention to rumors that are attributed to "sources close to the team" or "unknown NFC General Manager".

Now fans are expected to believe Grant Paulsen.... Grant Paulsen.... has some insider connections with coaches and players and they've been running to him to say that Dwayne is immature? If people really believe that stuff, then I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell them. 

I was actually excited to see the growth and development of the team as the season progressed. 6 games in and now I'm not really excited for anything. I'm more so just watching how this saga is unfolding at this point....

 

Why wouldn't we believe it? He went from starter to 3rd string inactive over night. Conventional wisdom would indicate something more went on than just play on the field. And the rumors, Ron's comments and actions align. More plausibility to the rumors than speculating that he's some hard working, mature player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

Perfectly comfortable with that.


Same. Moses, who has been a bit of a malcontent in the past, made it perfectly clear that Rivera communicates extremely well what’s going on and why to the players in the locker room and that’s what matters. Anything said to the media is politics and gamesmanship on some level.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

I can't name them but they came from multiple sources this year, last year, and before the draft.  One article I read quoted Urban Myer as warning Ron that you needed to keep on Haskins to get the most out of him. That was a bit concerning to me, motivation should not ever be a factor with this job, but I was willing to let it play out. 

Right, I'm just referring to the rumors/leaks of the past week that say Haskins was gloating about his stats and players didn't like it... That came from Paulsen... I'm kinda shocked people believe it to be honest w/ you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

But it wasn't just Grant Paulson. At this point in time if you still don't believe all the rumors that have been coming out for 3 years now (including college) of Dwayne's work habits by now you will apparently never believe them. 

 

Keim talked about it multiple times.  Ditto Standig.  Les Carpenter.  Russell.

 

National reporters have.  Some rumors about it before the draft talked about by some draft geeks.  An executive was quoted anoymously about it recently as for having red flags about his work habits before the draft.  An Ohio State reporter said he sat in a QB metting one day for an article and Burrow was making fun of how little Haskins knew the playbook.

 

And Doug, Rivera, Scott Turner indirectly referred to it early this year especially Doug saying Haskins needs to stay in that building until he gets kicked out.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

Why wouldn't we believe it? He went from starter to 3rd string inactive over night. Conventional wisdom would indicate something more went on than just play on the field. And the rumors, Ron's comments and actions align. More plausibility to the rumors than speculating that he's some hard working, mature player. 

Yup, and I think thats why certain media folks capitalize on certain opportunities/moments... it's nothing new with DC sports media. I don't think it really changes much tho, at the end of the day Haskins is benched. What Paulsen reports (falsely or not) doesn't have much impact on the team... it's just talking points for fans and radio personalities. Paulsen knows what he's doing

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I legitimately think, with the way our defense played, Haskins would have won that game last Sunday.  He proved he could do so in a similar situation against the Eagles.

 

 

 

Washington's best starting field position against the Giants was their own 32. Haskins never proved he can move the team down the field without great field position. All the points scored in Philly started in Philly territory. To say Haskins would have won this game is as long of a stretch as you can make, ha.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

Washington's best starting field position against the Giants was their own 32. Haskins never proved he can move the team down the field without great field position. All the points scored in Philly started in Philly territory. To say Haskins would have won this game is as long of a stretch as you can make, ha.

Thats not true. In the second quarter he had a drive that started from our own 25 and went 10 plays 75 yards for a TD

5 2 9:56 WAS 25 10 5:15 75

Touchdown

 

Against Cleveland we had an 8 play 75 yard drive that started from out own 25 and for a TD, our firsrt TD. 

2 1 5:08 WAS 25 8 3:24 75 Touchdown

 

 

They're playing very similarly, expertise be damned. One guy runs a lot (even when he doesn't have to), one guy rushes throws a lot (even when he doesn't have to). Neither guy has looked good, neither guy has looked horrible. We've had better running games (and TDs by our RBs) in the games that Haskins played in but otherwise the offenses have looked almost the same. 

 

The only one who has looked HORRIBLE in this offense is Smith which makes me wonder why he's even getting consideration as the #2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Thats not true. In the second quarter he had a drive that started from our own 25 and went 10 plays 75 yards for a TD

5 2 9:56 WAS 25 10 5:15 75

Touchdown

 

Against Cleveland we had an 8 play 75 yard drive that started from out own 25 and for a TD, our firsrt TD. 

2 1 5:08 WAS 25 8 3:24 75 Touchdown

 

 

They're playing very similarly, expertise be damned. One guy runs a lot (even when he doesn't have to), one guy rushes throws a lot (even when he doesn't have to). Neither guy has looked good, neither guy has looked horrible. We've had better running games (and TDs by our RBs) in the games that Haskins played in but otherwise the offenses have looked almost the same. 

 

The only one who has looked HORRIBLE in this offense is Smith which makes me wonder why he's even getting consideration as the #2. 

 

We're talking about the Philly game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Drastik said:

Right, I'm just referring to the rumors/leaks of the past week that say Haskins was gloating about his stats and players didn't like it... That came from Paulsen... I'm kinda shocked people believe it to be honest w/ you. 

 

I'm kind of shocked that you don't believe it to be honest after hearing all this other stuff and seeing his behavior for ourselves (selfie, draft party at the bowling alley etc).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

I'm kind of shocked that you don't believe it to be honest after hearing all this other stuff and seeing his behavior for ourselves (selfie, draft party at the bowling alley etc).  

I think the idea that Grant Paulsen is getting locker room information leaked to him from current players and coaches is laughable at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe posters are claiming they played about the same. Now again I'm not championing Allen for having a good game, his 2 turnovers were huge. But he made plays Dwayne simply can't make.   He escaped the pocket and delivered a first down throw on the run, a play Haskins is simply not able to make.  Same with the TD run.  Hell even that funny looking lob over the defender to the back was on target and necessarily high where Dwayne was missing backs on simply throws.  Allen took the team down for what could have been the winning TD on a beautiful throw on the fade. Again we just didn't see that much with Dwayne.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Haskins never proved he can move the team down the field without great field position.

 

False.  He had a 75 and 78 yard TD drive in the Arizona game.  He had a 75 yard TD drive in both the Cleveland game and the Baltimore game. 

 

He also needs to receive credit for being efficient in the red zone - short scoring drives or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

False.  He had a 75 and 78 yard TD drive in the Arizona game.  He had a 75 yard TD drive in both the Cleveland game and the Baltimore game. 

 

He also needs to receive credit for being efficient in the red zone - short scoring drives or not.

 

I'm talking about the Philly game

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I still can't believe posters are claiming they played about the same. Now again I'm not championing Allen for having a good game, his 2 turnovers were huge. But he made plays Dwayne simply can't make.   He escaped the pocket and delivered a first down throw on the run, a play Haskins is simply not able to make.  Same with the TD run.  Hell even that funny looking lob over the defender to the back was on target and necessarily high where Dwayne was missing backs on simply throws.  Allen took the team down for what could have been the winning TD on a beautiful throw on the fade. Again we just didn't see that much with Dwayne.  

 

Read the Bullock article.  Allen scrambled when he shouldn't have, in a clean pocket.  Players were open all game downfield that he could have hit.  And those two turnovers were killers.

1 minute ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

I'm talking about the Philly game

 

Because it suits your narrative?  The bottom line is that Haskins has proven he can sustain a long TD drive.  And he was efficient in converting his short drives into TDs during the Philly game.  That likely would have won us the game against the Giants if it comes without the turnovers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

Read the Bullock article.  Allen scrambled when he shouldn't have, in a clean pocket.  Players were open all game downfield that he could have hit.  And those two turnovers were killers.

 

Because it suits your narrative?  The bottom line is that Haskins has proven he can sustain a long TD drive.  And he was efficient in converting his short drives into TDs during the Philly game.  That likely would have won us the game against the Giants if it comes without the turnovers.


Haskins is never playing again for Washington so you are left with arguing about how you think he would play. 😂 

 

Why don’t you argue about him fighting against Super Man or Batman? Because that’s as realistic as happening as Haskins is to play for Washington ever again. He’s done. Ron already stuck a fork in him. Game over.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

 

Read the Bullock article.  Allen scrambled when he shouldn't have, in a clean pocket.  Players were open all game downfield that he could have hit.  And those two turnovers were killers.

 

Because it suits your narrative?  The bottom line is that Haskins has proven he can sustain a long TD drive.  And he was efficient in converting his short drives into TDs during the Philly game.  That likely would have won us the game against the Giants if it comes without the turnovers.

 

You're combining his very few and far between long drives in games that he didn't win, with a game he did win where every scoring drive started from opponent territory. Please, that's a stretch if I've ever seen one. He has not proven he can beat any team by driving the team down the field. Like 10% of Haskins drives go over 50 yards for scores. Half of Allen's did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...