Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It appears as if you are looking for the scape goat, in this case the team.  

Of course that agent's tweet was offensive. Imagine if you are one of those players who he considers "few offensive weapons".  If I was one of those players I'd be pretty upset that the agent is blaming them and not the guy who sailed passes over their head.  

I'm scapegoating the team? You're in denial about how this team runs football operations. You're also taking the bait the team gave you to cover their usual messiness. This nonsense works in Washington because it works in Washington. Every year fans dump their negativity on players put in bad situations but you think the team is the scapegoat? Right. 

Just now, IrepDC said:

That sounds good to you but winning teams don't think this way. Emotional attachment?? Of course developing your young QB is a priority. Even debating that is a part of the loser culture only found in Washington. This move is not a winning culture move unless every player who played poorly is benched. Otherwise it's a scapegoat move.

I think its a loser mentality if the coaches had a QB that they thought was awful and was not improving at all and kept playing him regardless. If your QB wont develop then its beyond stupid to keep giving him the same chance. Something has got to change.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

That sounds good to you but winning teams don't think this way. Emotional attachment?? Of course developing your young QB is a priority. Even debating that is a part of the loser culture only found in Washington. This move is not a winning culture move unless every player who played poorly is benched. Otherwise it's a scapegoat move.

Yeah, it's honestly very hypocritical.  

5 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Plenty of teams have devoted time to developing and building around a qb that fails and loses coaches their jobs. Ron had a clean slate and doesn't think Haskins is prepared for the NFL and not going to waste his time developing someone he doesn't trust. This is the winning culture I wanted to see from Ron. He thinks his team deserves better, and they do. Literally your only argument is that he was drafted in the first round therefore deserves to be developed. No thanks, he's just a reminder of how terrible Dan is. 

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Getting McVay really tipped things for me. But yeah, my heart is still with the WFT. I grew up going to the games during the glory years. Still holding out hope that Snyder is forced to sell at some point. 

I really tried to like them too for my son’s sake, but I have too much hate for everyone other than Washington especially in the NFC. You are a bigger man than me. Hate watching other teams is just ingrained in me now. No changing that. 😂 

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

I think its a loser mentality if the coaches had a QB that they thought was awful and was not improving at all and kept playing him regardless. If your QB wont develop then its beyond stupid to keep giving him the same chance. Something has got to change.

When Apke is out there Sunday, all credibility in what you're saying is lost. If he and others are also benched then maybe. Belicheck would have told players to do their own jobs better and not look at it as the QB holding them back, but the team lifting up the young QB. That's how winners think. We look for fingers to point at each other.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

True.  But my overall point is that plenty of QBs has improved after poor starts to their careers.  And most don't have to go through 3 systems to do it.

If you're going to use several examples of quarterbacks who struggled early, were benched and then went on to have successful careers then why do you have a problem with us benching haskins?

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Plenty of teams have devoted time to developing and building around a qb that fails and loses coaches their jobs. Ron had a clean slate and doesn't think Haskins is prepared for the NFL and not going to waste his time developing someone he doesn't trust. This is the winning culture I wanted to see from Ron. He thinks his team deserves better, and they do. Literally your only argument is that he was drafted in the first round therefore deserves to be developed. No thanks, he's just a reminded of how terrible Dan is. 

Why take the job? Why lie and say he was interested in grooming the qb on roster? We rarely stick with any type if direction.

Just now, IrepDC said:

When Apke is out there Sunday, all credibility in what you're saying is lost. If he and others are also benched then maybe. Belicheck would have told players to do their own jobs better and not look at it as the QB holding them back, but the team lifting up the young QB. That's how winners think. We look for fingers to point at each other.

I got no issue with Apke being benched for someone else. The issue for me though is its harder to see if Apke is at fault on plays or not. Haskins we can see the missed throws, we can see the hesitation, we can see the opportunities not taken. With Apke we have to know who was supposed to have the coverage, plus its not like hes giving up a TD every game or anything. For all we know Apke was over near the play even though it wasnt his responsibility.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If you're going to use several examples of quarterbacks who struggled early, were benched and then went on to have successful careers then why do you have a problem with us benching haskins?

Most of the QBs I named were never benched, especially after less than a season's worth of starts, because their organizations committed to developing them.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Why take the job? Why lie and say he was interested in grooming the qb on roster? We rarely stick with any type if direction.

How do you know he lied and told Dan that? Maybe he told Dan he would give him a handful of games to prove himself and if he didnt he was yanking him. Thats quite an assumption.

I got no issue with Apke being benched for someone else. The issue for me though is its harder to see if Apke is at fault on plays or not. Haskins we can see the missed throws, we can see the hesitation, we can see the opportunities not taken. With Apke we have to know who was supposed to have the coverage, plus its not like hes giving up a TD every game or anything. For all we know Apke was over near the play even though it wasnt his responsibility.

It is not hard to see Apke at fault lol that's my issue right there. You are ready to make excuses for the worst player on our team but yall go hard on the young QB. We will never develop a QB here.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

He took the job to build a winning team and develop a winning culture. There was no "Haskins clause" attached to that. He gave Haskins a shot and Haskins showed him he's not ready. There is nothing else Ron owes Haskins. He definitely doesn't owe him the franchise qb treatment where he wastes his years trying to build around him. Waste of time.

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

How do you know he lied and told Dan that? Maybe he told Dan he would give him a handful of games to prove himself and if he didnt he was yanking him. Thats quite an assumption.

Only in Washington are basic reasonable football processes considered an assumption. A HC taking an NFL job with a young QB is going to generally be tasked with grooming that QB. Here it's optional because we are clueless.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

It is not hard to see Apke at fault lol that's my issue right there. You are ready to make excuses for the worst player on our team but yall go hard on the young QB. We will never develop a QB here.

omg, I said I had no issue benching him. What a stupid thing to say.

Very simple question, is it easy to see responsibility on defense when you dont know the call? Is it much easier for us as fans watching the game to see the bad throws, bad decisions, missed chances etc? How do you know Apke was supposed to be there and wasnt? How do you know Apke wasnt supposed to be on the other side of the field but saw the play happening and booked it over there? Im not saying I think that, but its way easier to see the issues with Haskins.

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

He took the job to build a winning team and develop a winning culture. There was no "Haskins clause" attached to that. He gave Haskins a shot and Haskins showed him he's not ready. There is nothing else Ron owes Haskins. He definitely doesn't owe him the franchise qb treatment where he wastes his years trying to build around him. Waste of time.

Only in Washington do we talk like this lol any other team builds around a young QB. 

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Only in Washington are basic reasonable football processes considered an assumption. A HC taking an NFL job with a young QB is going to generally be tasked with grooming that QB. Here it's optional because we are clueless.

You said he lied and told Dan that he would develop him. Idiotic. You make Dan look like a brilliant football mind.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Speaking for myself, Haskins had me checking out of the season.  I was flipping to RedZone during our possessions and only watching the defense.  And I never do that.w

I simply couldn’t bear to watch the kid spray the ball all over the yard anymore.  I suspect many on the roster and staff shared my opinion.

Is Kyle Allen spurring a return? Gibson and Mcclaurin are worth the time either way. 

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, if i recall it was the Arizona game where I saw a wide smile to as the game was ending, I recall commeting on it on the game day thread when I saw it.   As Cooley said this wek, haskins completing dump offs and slants aren't impressive -- any college QB could do the same.   You want to see hard throws, that's why Cooley was ok with the Browns game because he attempted some hard ones. 

Felt the same way after the Cardinal game, but was worried he would get neutered somehow—seemed to happen. This year he’s looked like young player with trying to not make mistakes, which is unfortunate and led me to leaning negative on his future after feeling pretty good at the end of last year about him.

I know you listen to most guys, especially Sheehan and for the first time I’m on the exact same page as him with Haskins and wondering what happened from last year to this year. Maybe the combination of KOC and Bill last year was pretty good. 

It appears over though, so back to the abyss we go. Hope Allen provides a spark for entertainment this year. 

omg, I said I had no issue benching him. What a stupid thing to say.

Very simple question, is it easy to see responsibility on defense when you dont know the call? Is it much easier for us as fans watching the game to see the bad throws, bad decisions, missed chances etc?

I can only answer based on my perspective. Cover 3 is not hard to see in a replay. Neither is cover 2 or man. If Apke is the deep safety, and we keep giving up deep completions, its pretty clear. But you're right the average fan just knows the QB has to get the ball in the hands of other players. 

Just now, IrepDC said:

No dude. No team drafts a QB with a lame duck coach then dumps that QB on the next coach. That’s how you get the Josh Rosen situation. Or the Patrick Ramsey Brunell situation. The only type of coach willing to take a job with having the young starting QB dictated was Zorn. Even then, he eventually gets replaced in play calling by a bingo announcer.

Archived