Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

3 minutes ago, scstand said:

Terry is breaking across behind the defender eyeing check down, dwayne needs to extend this play, heck ifg he slides left he has a small window to throw with a little air to terry breaking across and behind to front corner of endzone. heck he could even extend this out to his right by scrambling but we know he never scrambles right, he always goes left for some strange reason. Either way he needs to extend this play, seize the moment and throw it with intensions of scoring. if its picked who cares we give them ball at 25 versus the 8 or there abouts.  

Yeah I can agree that he probably could have extended the play and maybe see if it could make something happen. But IMO the play was a loser from the beginning. 4th and 13, only option is the end zone so the defense is sitting on it, we only have 1 real legit receiving threat that scares anyone, and a QB who's not a threat himself to run. It's just a dumb play and a **** situation.

ALERT: More off the field passive aggressive fodder for the Haskins grist mill:

Haskins has unfollowed the WFT! <shudder>

(Still no official confirmation that he furiously relieved himself all over Ron Rivera's parking space.)

https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl/dwayne-haskins-unfollowed-washington-on-social-media

"Quote the raven-- nevermore."

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

ALERT: More off the field passive aggressive fodder for the Haskins grist mill:

Haskins has unfollowed the WFT! <shudder>

(Still no official confirmation that he furiously relieved himself all over Ron Rivera's parking space.)

https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl/dwayne-haskins-unfollowed-washington-on-social-media

"Quote the raven-- nevermore."

... welcome to Thursday.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And MIke McCartney knows a thing or 2 about drowning out social media noise.

Things like this.

No dude not the Cowboys head coach. The NFL agent. He represents Kirk Cousins and a few others. 

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No dude not the Cowboys head coach. The NFL agent. He represents Kirk Cousins and a few others. 

I am fully aware.

That's exactly the point and the joke.

There's been this trend and joke on Twitter for a long time now, that people on twitter keep tagging Cousins' agent, to exclaim that Coach McCarthy should be fired.

Agent McCartney has been annoyed and amused at the whole thing.

@SoCalSkins

Here you go.

Notice he's tagging McCartney, not McCarthy.

There's a hundred more like this on Twitter, the last couple years.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe buy a little time and/or do anything but what he did, because what he did had 0 chance for success vs. maybe 1% chance or a penalty or anything else.  There is no excuse and the blame doesn't fall on anyone but Dwayne.  

So wait...we're going to seriously act like this is the FIRST time we've seen a QB throw short of the sticks in critical down situations? 

I can think of another QB on our roster that's made a CAREER off checkdowns.    

Just now, megared said:

So wait...we're going to seriously act like this is the FIRST time we've seen a QB throw short of the sticks in critical down situations? 

It was 4th down.  He threw it 10 yards from the end zone.  I can’t even believe this is up for debate.  Call it a brain fart or whatever, but I’d pick another hill to die on.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I am fully aware.

That's exactly the point and the joke.

There's been this trend and joke on Twitter for a long time now, that people on twitter keep tagging Cousins' agent, to exclaim that Coach McCarthy should be fired.

Agent McCartney has been annoyed and amused at the whole thing.

@SoCalSkins

Here you go.

Notice he's tagging McCartney, not McCarthy.

There's a hundred more like this on Twitter, the last couple years.

Yes I totally love when it happens. I wasn’t sure if you were one of the ones falling for it too! I was hoping you were because it’s so funny when it happens! I literally wanted him to coach the Cowboys for no other reason. 😂 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It was 4th down.  He threw it 10 yards from the end zone.  I can’t even believe this is up for debate.  Call it a brain fart or whatever, but I’d pick another hill to die on.

People defending that play just take haskins homerism to a whole new level. He has plenty of time and a pocket to try to take a shot downfield. He made his decision to throw that check down pass before he even got the snap. Just like he had been doing all game. 

• Like 2
Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It was a no win play.  There was zero chance he was going to be able to fit a throw between five defenders.  They were on the goal line, in a zone (eyes on QB), waiting to pick it.  

No outrage at Ron for not taking the easy 3 and extending the game?  

2 minutes ago, megared said:

It was a no win play.  There was zero chance he was going to be able to fit a throw between five defenders.  They were on the goal line, in a zone (eyes on QB), waiting to pick it.  

Thats the argument you should choose, not Haskins throwing it short. The play was designed, it appeared to me, for the short routes to draw up some defenders and the scissors routes to get the two in the endzone open in the back corner. I touch pass to the back right seemed to be the designed option. I cant say I was thrilled with the decision to go for it instead of taking 3 points.

21 minutes ago, megared said:

We had one take a knee not long ago. At least this one got a pass off.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, MartinC said:

He blocked me on Twitter for mentioning it to him after he signed with the Vikings! Only person to ever block me on Twitter! Kinda proud actually. 😂 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I mean, when you're disagreeing with even Cooley on a Haskins' take, you know you're taking an extremely harsh stance.

Cooley said it was dumb to give Haskins a litmus test on 4 and 13.  Nowhere did he say that he should not have been benched or Ron was wrong for benching him.

• Like 1
Just now, Painkiller said:

Cooley said it was dumb to give Haskins a litmus test on 4 and 13.  Nowhere did he say that he should not have been benched or Ron was wrong for benching him.

And nowhere did I say Cooley said that.  The last few pages, the 4th and 13 play has been the focus, and that's what I was referring to.

12 minutes ago, megared said:

He'd face less criticism if he threw a pick in the end zone.

13 minutes ago, megared said:

Outrage? No.  I’m not even saying was a good playcall.  What I am saying is that Dwayne’s only option is to make something happen in the end zone.

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

And even Cousins biggest supporters didn’t defend that.  Chalked it up to a brain fart.  It also helped they won the game.  Yet we’ve got pages of debate here about Haskins egregious throw 10 yards from the end zone.  Of all the things I don’t get, this ranks up there.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Thats the argument you should choose, not Haskins throwing it short. The play was designed, it appeared to me, for the short routes to draw up some defenders and the scissors routes to get the two in the endzone open in the back corner. I touch pass to the back right seemed to be the designed option. I cant say I was thrilled with the decision to go for it instead of taking 3 points.

It was no win...something worse that could've happened than just turning the ball over via INT, was a pick-6.  

I don't know what Scott is doing.  Can we send Norv a fruit basket and get him on the sidelines/in the booth please?

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic