Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Has nothing to do with the coaches. This is coming from the top. 

I think the opposite. The coaches want to win games now and are putting the best team on the field in the short term. Whereas the front office would want to know asap what we have in Haskins, leading up to the next draft. Then again, our front office thinks we're close, so I wouldn't put it past them to have whipped out the calculator today to do the math on making it to 11-5.

23 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

I think the opposite. The coaches want to win games now and are putting the best team on the field in the short term. Whereas the front office would want to know asap what we have in Haskins, leading up to the next draft. Then again, our front office thinks we're close, so I wouldn't put it past them to have whipped out the calculator today to do the math on making it to 11-5.

Snyder calls the shots and everyone knows it. Everyone also knows that Callahan is gone at the end of the year. If the owner and GM want Haskins in there. He'll be in there and that's how I know they don't want him to start. Bruce has preached patience with Haskins and that's what they're doing.

The front office is so bad and stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't play him at all this year. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Snyder calls the shots and everyone knows it. Everyone also knows that Callahan is gone at the end of the year. If the owner and GM want Haskins in there. He'll be in there and that's how I know they don't want him to start. Bruce has preached patience with Haskins and that's what they're doing.

The front office is so bad and stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't play him at all this year. 

Bruce said in the presser that the head coach decides who plays. Of course, he could be flat out lying. That wouldn't shock me either but if that were the case, I suspect we would hear about it. It would leak. Who knows..

2 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Bruce said in the presser that the head coach decides who plays. Of course, he could be flat out lying. That wouldn't shock me either but if that were the case, I suspect we would hear about it. It would leak. Who knows..

Lol that is a flat out lie and everyone outside the organization knows it. They also said Jay wanted Haskins. When we all know he wanted nothing to do with a rookie QB. Bruce says a lot of things that are BS. Like the relationship between Trent Williams and the Redskins is good. When everyone knows damn well it isn't so yeah he's a lair. 

11 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Bruce has said already it's about patience with Haskins.  Do you really think they would've promoted Callahan without him being on the same page. Just because they drafted him doesn't mean they want to play him yet. This has nothing to do with Callahan. He is a puppet

He wouldn't be active then. Especially with Case coming off a foot injury. 

6 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Snyder calls the shots and everyone knows it. Everyone also knows that Callahan is gone at the end of the year....

Raises hand.

I don't know that Callahan is gone at the end of the year.  In fact, I think its obvious that he will be our coach in 2020.  He is the modern day Jim Zorn. Hey I just wanted to coach the line, but sure I will be the head coach.

His ties to Tampa and Allen are greater than any ties to the Redskins. He is a proven foot soldier, and not just from the obvious - his time here while witnessing the dysfunction from the front row, and sticking around presume with no place better to go with such a poor showing from our run game in his tenure here.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Raises hand.

I don't know that Callahan is gone at the end of the year.  In fact, I think its obvious that he will be our coach in 2020.  He is the modern day Jim Zorn. Hey I just wanted to coach the line, but sure I will be the head coach.

His ties to Tampa and Allen are greater than any ties to the Redskins. He is a proven foot soldier, and not just from the obvious - his time here while witnessing the dysfunction from the front row, and sticking around presume with no place better to go with such a poor showing from our run game in his tenure here.

I wish I could bet some of you guys money, because it would be a easy pay day.

There is absolutely no way Callahan is the HC next year. 

52 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I wish I could bet some of you guys money, because it would be a easy pay day.

There is absolutely no way Callahan is the HC next year. 

Since you are so sure who it won't be, who will it be? Try and do a little better than Tomlin who is being spoon fed to us; deep down even you know he is above coming to this **** hole of an organization.  Know that he sees his Pitt fans traveling to away games, and knows that our home stadium will be overrun again next year. Polar opposite organizations. I bet he boycotts coming here if traded for the kings ransom we keep hearing about. Backing up the Brink now includes throwing picks in.  A new low, targeting coaches under contract since few will come here on their own free will.

If you cannot tell us that beyond a doubt, you are merely guessing that Callahan has already been eliminated. What if the guys respond to Callahan, and we go on our annual win games no one saw coming streak that we have every year.  We are overdue.  Don't forget Bruce knows we were 6-3 last year with garbage QB play and Callahan right in the middle of it all.  We're close.

45 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

If Haskins can't muster Keenum's awful performance yesterday (against the Dolphins!), what does that say about him as a draft pick?  Is there anyone left that still thinks it's a good idea to sit him the rest of the year?

I really thought the Miami game was a perfect first game for Haskins. Coupled with the coaching change, new run commitment all vs a cup cake team, it just seemed a good time. I don't give a rats ass if he isn't ready. If he crash and burns you know what, he would probably crash burn next September as well.   If he is THAT raw, waiting until the bye week won't change jack ****.

I do think getting experience doesn't have to be naming him our "undisputed starter for the rest of the season", as some may think.  Like Miami probably did with Rosen, or at least that is what Sam Rosen seemed to allege. 

I want to see him forming chemistry with our fleet of young WRs.

Haskins and McLaurin already have a ton of chemistry from OSU.... I can only imagine Scary Terry's numbers with Haskins behind center. Absolutely no reason at all why he's on the bench right now... In a lost season, you need to see what you have besides the two journeymen we keep trotting out there. He should be getting his feet wet behind these NFL defenses like the Pats and now the 49ers. Dink and Dunk as much as you want, just get the experience and hand it off.

New thought: Haskins isn't particularly horrible, but Keenum really is a bit better atm. Callahan and Co. know this team sucks vacuum cleaner hoses, so they put out the best they have against the worst team in the NFL to make sure they don't go 0-16. Now that they're guaranteed to not go in the history books, they're free to let Haskins play in the sandbox and see what he builds. That probably isn't what's really going on, but it's comforting to think they had a specific plan.

Again, you all are missing the forest for the trees. The FO is playing it safe and letting Dwayne get everything under his belt before throwing him out there to the wolves. The plan should have always been wait until after the bye week to throw him in there, and I wouldnt change that now. Look at the next 3 games: SF, MIN, BUF... Yea, that is a murderers row for a young qb with no TE, 3/5 wr's whom are rookies, a suspect OL, and a 34 year old starting rb. Let him come in after the bye with games against, NYJ, DET, CAR, GB, PHI, NYG, DAL. That gives him 7 games to get reps going into next season. ( Where presumably we have a high pick to make some moves at the OL/TE/WR positions)

36 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Start Haskins..what the hell is the team waiting for?!?!...I don't have a crystal ball, I can't say for sure the season is over...but with the way things have gone its completely obvious the season is a wash..get haskins in there and let's see what we got

Don't need a crystal ball to look at the upcoming schedule:

49ers

@Minnesota 

@Buffalo

Bye

Trotting Haskins out there might not be the best idea, maybe after our bye week would be better.

As the backup he'll see game time anyway assuming the offense will struggle mightily in the next 3 games. 

8 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Don't need a crystal ball to look at the upcoming schedule:

49ers

@Minnesota 

@Buffalo

Bye

Trotting Haskins out there might not be the best idea, maybe after our bye week would be better.

As the backup he'll see game time anyway assuming the offense will struggle mightily in the next 3 games. 

Nah..he needs to be the starter regardless..use this season as something to work on

25 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Callahan named Keenum the starter for next week against San Fran the minute yesterday's game ended...

Damn 

Folks, we're gonna lose ugly regardless .. get haskins out there now

God no kidding..****in bruce and dan..stupid ****s..they ****in think because the pukes and iggles lost we still have a chance in the division....start haskins against the niners and leave him the starter..first three, four games get the bumps and bruises out of the way if by week 17 he still can't get it done maybe start thinking about who's coming out of the draft in 2020

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Since you are so sure who it won't be, who will it be? Try and do a little better than Tomlin who is being spoon fed to us; deep down even you know he is above coming to this **** hole of an organization.  Know that he sees his Pitt fans traveling to away games, and knows that our home stadium will be overrun again next year. Polar opposite organizations. I bet he boycotts coming here if traded for the kings ransom we keep hearing about. Backing up the Brink now includes throwing picks in.  A new low, targeting coaches under contract since few will come here on their own free will.

If you cannot tell us that beyond a doubt, you are merely guessing that Callahan has already been eliminated. What if the guys respond to Callahan, and we go on our annual win games no one saw coming streak that we have every year.  We are overdue.  Don't forget Bruce knows we were 6-3 last year with garbage QB play and Callahan right in the middle of it all.  We're close.

What does knowing who the next coach will be have anything to do with knowing it won't be Callahan. You guys are crazy if you think he's going to be the HC next year. Like I already said you guys would be easy money if we were betting on this. 

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nah..he needs to be the starter regardless..use this season as something to work on

Damn 

Folks, we're gonna lose ugly regardless .. get haskins out there now

Losing ugly with a fanbase that has lost hope already and is looking for every reason under the sun to point a finger at the FO and say " i told you so" is a terrible situation to put a rookie QB through. Stick to making bad jokes.

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What does knowing who the next coach will be have anything to do with knowing it won't be Callahan. You guys are crazy if you think he's going to be the HC next year. Like I already said you guys would be easy money if we were betting on this. 

Kevin O'Connell is the next skins coach. Thats a guarantee.

Archived