Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You...you dont really think..that's Alex is better then Haskins right now, do you???

giphy (20).gif

Thats not what was said. 

But, I’d take Alex in a scooter over Haskins for 2019. 

***Phenomenal gif usage.

3 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Thats not what was said. 

But, I’d take Alex in a scooter over Haskins for 2019. 

***Phenomenal gif usage.

Gracias.

Why would you take Alex in a scooter over our future franchise QB?  You trying to tank or something?  Haskins is the future, Alex should never play again and still has a satellite on his leg. I dont see how we even having this convo.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Gracias.

Why would you take Alex in a scooter over our future franchise QB?  You trying to tank or something?  Haskins is the future, Alex should never play again and still has a satellite on his leg. I dont see how we even having this convo.

Agreed Alex is done and he was done before the injury. What he have 10 TDs and 5 INTs last year. The guy didn't look very good and really the injury is a blessing in disguise for this organization. Alex is a great guy and I wish that injury never happened, but it did. 

At his age he's better to walk away after a injury like that and if he doesn't it really doesn't matter when it comes to the Skins. He's not going to start for this team again. 

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Gracias.

Starting Haskins is tanking, I just want to win a SB. Haskins isn’t a part of that equation. Haskins is our QB because he went to Bullis. Had he gone to HS in Idaho he’d not be here.

6 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Haskins should start in 2019. Period.

He needs to get the reps and get accustomed to the league. The age of “we need to sit him” is over, especially when not behind a starter like Alex Smith or Brett Favre or such.

Case Keenum isnt far off from Alex Smith. Watching Alex Smith last year was awful, our offense was trash when he was behind the helm.

Lmao we’re not going to a SB regardless this year. Haskins is a pick for the next 10-15 years.

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Case Keenum isnt far off from Alex Smith. Watching Alex Smith last year was awful, our offense was trash when he was behind the helm.

Case is not leading us to the playoffs. It makes no sense to start a career backup at QB and go 6-10/7-9 when your young QB can get experience for that same record.

3 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Lmao we’re not going to a SB regardless this year. Haskins is a pick for the next 10-15 years.

Case is not leading us to the playoffs. It makes no sense to start a career backup at QB and go 6-10/7-9 when your young QB can get experience for that same record.

I never said Case is leading us to the playoffs, although I wouldnt be surprised. This should be a top 5 to 10 defense next year and we have a solid QB in Case and a good stable of RBs. Another one of my fears is we dont have the talent around Haskins right now and our line could get him killed if they aren't healthy again. I'm looking further than just this year. Developing, preserving, and helping to build confidence are extremely important for young QBs. 

18 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I never said Case is leading us to the playoffs, although I wouldnt be surprised. This should be a top 5 to 10 defense next year and we have a solid QB in Case and a good stable of RBs. Another one of my fears is we dont have the talent around Haskins right now and our line could get him killed if they aren't healthy again. I'm looking further than just this year. Developing, preserving, and helping to build confidence are extremely important for young QBs. 

So why aren’t Cam, Dalton, Luck, Wilson, Carr, Winston, Goff, Dak, Wentz, Watson, Trubisky, Baker, Darnold, Allen, Lamar ruined by starting year 1?

35 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

So why aren’t Cam, Dalton, Luck, Wilson, Carr, Winston, Goff, Dak, Wentz, Watson, Trubisky, Baker, Darnold, Allen, Lamar ruined by starting year 1?

Wow that's some list you have there! Please erase Winston, Dak, Darnold, Allen, and Lamar. They are either ****ty QBs or its too soon to judge.

Every other QB on that list was either ahead of Haskins when it comes to pro development, or they didnt have solid starters ahead of them. 

We have the luxury of not having to throw him into the fire. 

Obviously sometimes it works out, but then again some players who sit for a year+ can become superstars. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, which all 3 are a million miles above the average to above average QBs you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

Haskins should start in 2019. Period.

He needs to get the reps and get accustomed to the league. The age of “we need to sit him” is over, especially when not behind a starter like Alex Smith or Brett Favre or such.

I see the validity in the comment however this is the Pro level and there might be reasons that would lead him to not starting off the year being thrown to the wolves.  If he doesn't develop enough in Jays scheme to start off the season and say Case does, then they could just as easily say Case won the initial competition and give him a few more weeks to expand his playbook.  So there's got to be an evaluation process before it's a done deal. As far as I'm concerned, I do agree with the new age QB era of on the job training and experience being a valid prescription for inexperience in a new scheme. I don't believe there's much downside to playing a full rookie season here. Plus side is that Haskins is a study steward and smart guy who has done nothing but improve as he's played.  Probably more momentum towards him going into the year as the #1 if it's at all close.

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Obviously sometimes it works out, but then again some players who sit for a year+ can become superstars. Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, which all 3 are a million miles above the average to above average QBs you mentioned. 

Same points here and I have to agree.

1 hour ago, JoggingGod said:

Case is not leading us to the playoffs.

That's not at all valid.  I watched all of Case's tape from the Vikings winning season to last year and he's legit.  I broke it down in some post I made when asked the same question.  He has a hard time making throws when running to his left, but when he rolls to the right it's money!  He also has some touch that you only learn with confidence and experience at this level.  He definitely needs a couple of guys who he trusts.  One at each level.   Like Reed in the intermediate and another WR that is dependable on a few choice routes. Might see this surface in preseason if it happens. The bad side of Case is he throws high when pressured in the pocket and from his not so favorite angles.  He'll also sling it and drop a dime or throw a pick at random.  If the skins are going with defense and ball control, this might edge forward a Haskins vote from the beginning. Cheers

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Wow that's some list you have there! Please erase Winston, Dak, Darnold, Allen, and Lamar. They are either ****ty QBs or its too soon to judge.

Every other QB on that list was either ahead of Haskins when it comes to pro development, or they didnt have solid starters ahead of them. 

Whether each team would've is a different convo based on their situation, but Haskins is ready, he wouldnt of gone in the first round if he wasn't, regardless of previous experience.  Haskins played in a pro style offense which is more then a lot of college QBs can say. 

Dak is not s**tty or too soon to judge, nor did anyone outside the coaching staff think he was ready.  They thought he was their best chance to win based on what they had and made it work.  Haskins is better then Dak was coming out of college, theres no reason we cant try to protect him with a run first offense and solid defense as well, hell, Jay has all but said that's what he wants to do anyway.

No we dont.  The only healthy QB we have is a career backup.  Our stadium was overrun week 17 by a division rival and Jay is in last chance mode.  With our fan base withering way, there is no time to waste getting him in the field to save the direction of this franchise.  And a valid point is made that if people predict a losing record Haskins, mus be predicting losing record without him so might as well start day 1.

All three had established starters in front of them, is Case as good as any of them were?  Let's stick with Case being only person to possibly start over Haskins because Colt isnt healthy, Colt is not in the equation yet since hes getting another procedure.

6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yeah, sucked winning so much. Being first in the division was just awful. Would have been so much better to have a fun offense that lost games because of it.

6 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

It makes no sense to start a guy with one year of experience when he could sit next to Colt and learn first either.

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Whether each team would've is a different convo based on their situation, but Haskins is ready, he wouldnt of gone in the first round if he wasn't, regardless of previous experience.  Haskins played in a pro style offense which is more then a lot of college QBs can say. 

Dak is not s**tty or too soon to judge, nor did anyone outside the coaching staff think he was ready.  They thought he was their best chance to win based on what they had and made it work.  Haskins is better then Dak was coming out of college, theres no reason we cant try to protect him with a run first offense and solid defense as well, hell, Jay has all but said that's what he wants to do anyway.

No we dont.  The only healthy QB we have is a career backup.  Our stadium was overrun week 17 by a division rival and Jay is in last chance mode.  With our fan base withering way, there is no time to waste getting him in the field to save the direction of this franchise.  And a valid point is made that if people predict a losing record Haskins, mus be predicting losing record without him so might as well start day 1.

All three had established starters in front of them, is Case as good as any of them were?  Let's stick with Case being only person to possibly start over Haskins because Colt isnt healthy, Colt is not in the equation yet since hes getting another procedure.

Plenty of Quarterbacks go in the first round that aren't ready to start day 1. Look at Daniel Superstar Jones, you think the Giants are going to throw him out there to start? Absolutely not in a million years, they're still in love with Eli and are hoping in a few years Daniel Jones can become Eli. Haskins may be ready, but I'm still going to disagree with you on him seeing the field at some point this season. Case is good enough to keep us competitive with the team we have, and especially our defense. If our line gets injured guess what rookie QB is NOT going to get killed? Ours. Lets be smart and keep it that way. 

Dak IS a ****ty passer, come on. He's overrated as hell because he wears the star, the dude is about as inaccurate as they come and I don't care what his stats are, i'm looking at the games I've seen him play with my own two eyes. I also never said Haskins wasn't better than Dak coming out, but honestly Haskins could be an even ****tier NFL QB, we don't really know. I don't think Gruden should have to change his offense at all for Haskins, if our OL is so bad that we have to implement a run heavy offense, I don't think he should be in there... like at all. Let's not David Carr him. 

So what if our stadium is overrun by divisional foes? Also, who cares about Jay Gruden, he hasn't done much to inspire confidence. Is it really a smart move to throw our QBOTF into the fire because the coach is on the hot seat? The Redskins aren't going anywhere, we'll be roughly 8-8 next year give or take a few games, so a few fans (thousands) missing from the stadium effects nothing long term. Once Haskins is ready, comes in and starts winning, I guarantee you fans will be right back in those seats. 

Alex Smith is the most overrated QB i've ever seen in the NFL. He's a game manager, that missed a TON of open receivers and he literally takes zero risks. I don't think we'll see much of a drop-off with Case Keenum, that's just my honest opinion. I'm fine with starting Case over Haskins, otherwise why in the heck did we even trade for him? Case will be starting week 1, I hate to break it to you. 

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, sucked winning so much. Being first in the division was just awful. Would have been so much better to have a fun offense that lost games because of it.

He game managed and our defense carried us to victory. Woohoo

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It makes no sense to start a guy with one year of experience when he could sit next to Colt and learn first either.

It makes perfect sense IF he's the best QB on the team.

And honestly, I suspect he is.

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Did you really think that 6-3 record last year was going to last?  No competent person (fans or experts) watching last season thought the Skins were a playoff contender, or even a good team at 6-3.  If people really thought we were going on a playoff run, the stadium wouldn’t have been half empty, or had 40-50% opposing fans like the Packers game, or the Texans game when you had a 6-3 Redskins team facing a 7-2 Texans team with the upper deck looking like a ghost town.

Haskins is going to play next year, it’s inevitable.  The only question is if he starts Week 6 after we’ started 1-4 or 0-5 with Case at the helm, or if he outright beats Case in training camp & the preseason to earn a Week 1 start.  I think the latter is more likely.

3 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Haskins is going to play next year, it’s inevitable.  The only question is if he starts Week 6 after we’ started 1-4 or 0-5 with Case at the helm, or if he outright beats Case in training camp & the preseason to earn a Week 1 start.  I think the latter is more likely.

There is no way we start off that bad next year. This is a solid roster for NFL standards and a legendary one for the Skins standards compared to the last 20 years. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There is no way we start off that bad next year. This is a solid roster for NFL standards and a legendary one for the Skins standards compared to the last 20 years. 

I think our roster is pretty good too, but that is a brutal start to our season next year.  I think if we’re 2-3 after the first five games, we should consider ourselves lucky.  I only see the Giants game as a solid win in that five game stretch to open the season.  We might beat the Cowboys too, but that game is always a coin flip at best.  We’re losing at Philly, at home against the Bears (it’s Monday Night Football, we NEVER win at home on MNF), and we’ll get clobbered at home against the Patriots Week 5.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Plenty of Quarterbacks go in the first round that aren't ready to start day 1. Look at Daniel Superstar Jones, you think the Giants are going to throw him out there to start? Absolutely not in a million years, they're still in love with Eli and are hoping in a few years Daniel Jones can become Eli. Haskins may be ready, but I'm still going to disagree with you on him seeing the field at some point this season. Case is good enough to keep us competitive with the team we have, and especially our defense. If our line gets injured guess what rookie QB is NOT going to get killed? Ours. Lets be smart and keep it that way. 

Eli is a two time superbowl QB, if it was Case up their Jones would be starting day 1, they are rebuilding.  You know what makes a line look better then it is? A QB who constantly adjusts protection schemes like Haskins did at Ohio State, he loves that and needs to learn how to do it with our guys. 

Dak IS a ****ty passer, come on. He's overrated as hell because he wears the star, the dude is about as inaccurate as they come and I don't care what his stats are, i'm looking at the games I've seen him play with my own two eyes. I also never said Haskins wasn't better than Dak coming out, but honestly Haskins could be an even ****tier NFL QB, we don't really know. I don't think Gruden should have to change his offense at all for Haskins, if our OL is so bad that we have to implement a run heavy offense, I don't think he should be in there... like at all. Let's not David Carr him. 

You're a hater, I've seen the light on Dak.  Hes no Peyton, but he doesnt need to be he can win games, watched him do it.  Our oline is regarded as one of the beat in the NFL when healthy, and now we got more depth that I trust then we've had in a while.  Jay wants to run the ball because that's what our strength is right now, rb compared to we and I dont blame him, that's soooooo much better then forcing a square peg in a round hole.

So what if our stadium is overrun by divisional foes? Also, who cares about Jay Gruden, he hasn't done much to inspire confidence. Is it really a smart move to throw our QBOTF into the fire because the coach is on the hot seat? The Redskins aren't going anywhere, we'll be roughly 8-8 next year give or take a few games, so a few fans (thousands) missing from the stadium effects nothing long term. Once Haskins is ready, comes in and starts winning, I guarantee you fans will be right back in those seats. 

Were you at the eagles game? I was, it was one of the most miserable sports experiences of my life, people dont want to pay to do that anymore.  As a fan, I DEMAND something be do be about it and having a future franchise QB from the area is a helluva start.  I dont care if that doesnt matter to you, it matters to me and matters to a lot of people.

Alex Smith is the most overrated QB i've ever seen in the NFL. He's a game manager, that literally takes zero risks. I don't think we'll see much of a drop-off with Case Keenum, that's just my honest opinion. I'm fine with starting Case over Haskins, otherwise why in the heck did we even trade for him? Case will be starting week 1, I hate to break it to you. 

He game managed and our defense carried us to victory. Woohoo

You seem to be under the impression Alex wasn't that bad so Case being jus a tad worse wont be a big deal.  Tape dont lie, they were both garbage last year.  The only thing that kept us from not benching Alex is he wasn't turning the ball over, and we still was considering doing it before he got hurt.

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Either we have solid oline for Haskins to play behind or we dont, dude, make up your mind : /

3 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I think our roster is pretty good too, but that is a brutal start to our season next year.  I think if we’re 2-3 after the first five games, we should consider ourselves lucky.  I only see the Giants game as a solid win in that five game stretch to open the season.  We might beat the Cowboys too, but that game is always a coin flip at best.  We’re losing at Philly, at home against the Bears (it’s Monday Night Football, we NEVER win at home on MNF), and we’ll get clobbered at home against the Patriots Week 5.

I'm thinking we sweep the NFC East in that stretch. But 2-3 is probably the most realistic. It definitely is a pretty tough stretch

Whining about the schedule is dumb. Pretty much every team is mediocre in September and rarely are the early teams as good or as bad in December. 

Worry about Dallas? They dont have Witten, still have Daq, our defense will be healthy and who knows if Sean Lee will play. Schedule fear in April is battered fan syndrome. 

Anyway, I'm guessing the comparison for Haskins is somewhere between Leftwich and Roethlisberger and nobody agrees on where, is that correct? 

Archived