Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

13 hours ago, Unbias said:

A couple things: 

1 - Steelers are a stable franchise and ride out bad seasons with the coach they selected. They have only had a grand total of 3 coaches since 1969, so history suggests they will stay the course and not panic. 

2 - We are nothing like the Steelers.  

The Steelers have been underperforming the last few years.  They have a reached a point where it's time to move on.   Both the Steelers and Mike need a fresh start.

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I can only speak personally but I never truly got the sense that we were 'realistically' in contention. Whatever the records suggested. It was always just hope tinged with the probability that it would never go further than a 1-and-done paloff appearance. He ran a consistently ill-disciplined, sloppy football team and his playcalling ability I'd rank at not much higher than Zorn's. 

I'm under no illusions of the task facing Callahan and whoever follows him going forward whilst the organisational structure and no less higher-ranking personnel shall we say, remain in place. The whole culture here needs a reboot. I've suffered through the Snyder error, uhmmm, I mean 'era', along with everyone else. And I'm not expecting much in the way of 'W's' But I am expecting a shift in professionalism. At least on the field. With a turnaround in this group into something we can at least be proud of in terms of effort and cutting out the stupid mistakes as we go. That's really intriguing and exciting e under Callahan if nothing else. 

The main thing today has given me though is a renewed interest in seriously watching Redskins football again. Something I've had VERY little of through Gruden's time here. 

Which for a Redskin fan of nigh on 40 years is a really nice feeling to have again. 

REALLY nice. 

Hail. 

I guess that implies that you think we've truly been "in contention" at any point in the last 20 years? I think we'll find out pretty soon that the combination of dysfunction from the top down and a serious lack of talent/depth on the roster are the biggest reasons why you've felt that way.

Unlike Zorn, who happened to be the guy that would accept the job, Jay was actually a well respected play caller before he came here. I'd love for you to be right, but the problems run deep and I'm not sure why anyone would be more likely to watch this week than last unless Haskins ends up playing.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned but is it telling that Keim not only got to break this news but was also the first one to get a question in the Bumbling Bruce conference?

And even he's kinda negative about the FO. Which must mean everybody is and he's the least.

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2019 at 7:01 AM, goskins10 said:

If they fire Bruce at the end of this year - and I mean completely out of the organization, not just "stepping back", you come to Atl or I get to DC (if that's where you are) and I will buy you a steak dinner or whatever your favorite food is! Book it!   I will be over the moon happy! 

goskins10 ?! WHERE THE **** IS MY STEAK DINNER !!! 🥳🤤🥩🥩🥩

A45EBF07-ECA1-4A19-BBAF-859D50DC8B75.png

14 minutes ago, Hogs 1991 said:

goskins10 ?! WHERE THE **** IS MY STEAK DINNER !!! 🥳🤤🥩🥩🥩

A45EBF07-ECA1-4A19-BBAF-859D50DC8B75.png

LOL   I am a man of my word. You come to Atl or let me know where you are and if I get there for work I will be glad to pay up. If nothing else, we could meet for a game next year. PM me and we can work out details. I am more than happy to pay up. 

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

LOL   I am a man of my word. You come to Atl or let me know where you are and if I get there for work I will be glad to pay up. If nothing else, we could meet for a game next year. PM me and we can work out details. I am more than happy to pay up. 

Look at goskins10 treating me right . Making me feel all special. I’M GOING TO SIZZLER Y’ALL !!! 🥳🥳🥳

F8B84687-D177-4057-A183-BF4FF77B25B8.gif

Archived