Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden announces Colt McCoy starting vs NE

CapsSkins

I'll sort of watch the games in the background the rest of the year.  I hope the Pats really pour it on.  As garbage as McCoy is and he is garbage- it is more sad that is probably the best option since Keenum has not been good and Haskins is better to sit it seems.  Yikes.  Better than John Beck I guess?  Gruden should light up on the sidelines,  f it. Go out like a G! 

10 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Grossman swept the Giants in their Super Bowl year. Despite his failings at pretty much everything else, I'll always respect him for that.

We talkn the same Grossman??? Im talking bout his younger Cousin- Kirk (aka Kurt)never beating dullass... 

Was it sexyrexy himself who beat NYG?? Gawd that seems so long ago but not that long ago

11 hours ago, justice98 said:

Didnt Kirk beat Dallas to clinch the division?  Or was it clinched the week before?  All I know is he beat them in the finale once.  lol

Technically he was the starter... So Id say maybe you are half right. Colt came in and saved him from himself and prevented Kirk from playing catch with the D at the end of the game- like he is notorious for! I have no reason to believe if kirk finishes that game we still win! LOL

So ya we can call it 1-6 or .5-6.5 more accurately. Colt playing in 2 games with dubs vs dullas (relief in that wk 17 game and starter in the other).. And if Im not mistaken the qb the last time(s) we beat the pukes?? The wk 17 being the last time in 2015 FML 

Gawd RGiiis rookie year was fun (last sweep)

53 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

We talkn the same Grossman??? Im talking bout his younger Cousin- Kirk (aka Kurt)never beating dullass... 

Was it sexyrexy himself who beat NYG?? Gawd that seems so long ago but not that long ago

Younger Cousin Kirk did not sweep them iirc. But the Man Himself, he did. It did help that the Giants didn't score a TD until the last minute of the game lol. I guess Haslett really did have something in store for the Cowboys and Giants.

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Younger Cousin Kirk did not sweep them iirc. But the Man Himself, he did. It did help that the Giants didn't score a TD until the last minute of the game lol. I guess Haslett really did have something in store for the Cowboys and Giants.

He didnt sweep much, so ya Id have to agree it was TMTMTL SexyRexy himself! Crazy to think back on that

I hope Haskins or Tua... Who ever is the guy for a long time, develops a STRONG hate for the division... Particularly the pukes.

Dak fkn Prescott is still undefeated against us. How that in and of itself hasn't cost people their job(s) idk wtf does! Drunkn Jay vids, FO butting heads with Shanny, Scotty Mc on the suace... ALL forgivable- but not THIS! 

12 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

The skins beat the boys last year in d.c...?

Well **** me- we did!!!! Pop bottles!!! The line i heard must be undefeated at home vs the Skins.. Or maybe im just making **** up now! LMAO i coulda swore Kirk was 0-8 vs them, but that too was a lie. Guess im still reliving the last turkey day let down on repeat!

Well, thank you Alex Smith!!! All HAIL the King!

How does Case go from walking boot to full practice a day later, twice?

I am no internet doctor but that just strikes me as odd. Either he doesn't need the boot, or needs to wear the boot for more than one day.  Bah its our crack medical staff tap dancing around the coaches directives as per usual.

So Colt it is. Let the Colt era begin. Once again.

Ok, from what I am reading, Belichick/Brady have never beaten Colt McCoy.

In Colt's only start against them, he led to a Browns team to a 34-14 win in 2010.

This seems like the kind of thing Belichick would be using to convince his team that they have to be on their "A game" at all times if they are going to have a chance of winning this week.

1 hour ago, Shkspr said:

Yeah, but we're not nearly as talented as that powerhouse 2010 Browns team.

I was going to counter with the argument that,  Tom Brady is old now... But then I remember that he was old back then too.  

This doesn't reflect well on Haskins.  I was all for keeping Haskins on the sidelines and gradually prepare him but after Keenum went down and Haskin popped his cherry last week I'm disappointed Gruden doesn't want to go with him.  I have to believe this not just Jay's decision, Snyder must be in favor of it also.

2 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

This doesn't reflect well on Haskins.  I was all for keeping Haskins on the sidelines and gradually prepare him but after Keenum went down and Haskin popped his cherry last week I'm disappointed Gruden doesn't want to go with him.  I have to believe this not just Jay's decision, Snyder must be in favor of it also.

Say what?   We know Gruden didn't want Haskins.  The only reason Haskins came in because Colt was ready to play yet.   If Colt wasn't recovering, he would've been the starter from Day 1.   Gruden has probably done very little to prepare Haskins.

By this time tomorrow, hopefully that won't be his problem anymore.  

2 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

We know this?  How do we KNOW this?

Baloney, we know nothing of the kind.  You may feel this way but that is all you have is a feeling.

We don't know anything for sure, but there has been various reporting that Gruden wasn't that high on Haskins and it was "others" in the building who pushed him. 

IIRC didn't Jay actually talk about Haskins specifically before the draft? Can't find the exact quote but I thought when Jay was asked a question about Haskins he said something about him having talent but probably not being ready to start and having very limited experience. 

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

We don't know anything for sure, but there has been various reporting that Gruden wasn't that high on Haskins and it was "others" in the building who pushed him. 

IIRC didn't Jay actually talk about Haskins specifically before the draft? Can't find the exact quote but I thought when Jay was asked a question about Haskins he said something about him having talent but probably not being ready to start and having very limited experience. 

This all amounts to a nothing burger as well, nothing at all to support the conclusion that Gruden doesn't like Haskins.  Haskins only started 13 games in college so if Gruden actually cited Haskin's limited experience he was merely stating a fact.  We have all seen Gruden state publicly that Haskins has talent, and more importantly we have all seen him flash that talent.  

I'd rather watch Haskins play now because finding out what he can do sounds more entertaining to me than watching McCoy struggle against NE.  But the decision to start McCoy may have been made because it is viewed as the best thing for Haskins and for all we know it was a joint decision made with Snyder's input.  I don't know that is the case but its possible Gruden and others have told Snyder that Haskins isn't ready to play against NE and it would be better to wait for a weaker opponent.  In any case, we get to see Colt McCoy on Sunday, let's hope he is more successful than we all expect.

Archived