Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Then wouldn’t the guy that starts fights be sent to the penalty box every time during a game? Lots of times no penalties occur from fights. 

Its usually called after a hit or altercation between 2 players when a third comes in and starts the fight

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

way too many Philly fans in the Caps building and once again, terrible defense. You can't give up back to back point blank shots on odd man rushes and expect not to get scored on. 

Yeah how was the D able to pinch so far up twice on the same shift. 

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

way too many Philly fans in the Caps building and once again, terrible defense. You can't give up back to back point blank shots on odd man rushes and expect not to get scored on. 

The opposing teams ticket allotment is positioned perfectly to resonate loudly in the booth. It's the upper level corner. It makes visiting teams fans seem more present because they are always concentrated there. That being said, Philly is very close and DC people are still tired from super tuesday.

The hatred for Philly is real again. I hate every team from that City. Hopefully we get the last laugh if we meet in the playoffs, the flyers may be blowing their load a bit early. It’s funny how bad those fans hate Tom Wilson but He would be a god to them in a flyers sweater 

10 hours ago, c slag said:

A rested Rangers team is waiting in Manhattan for the Capitals tomorrow 

A win tonight will certainly help forget about last night 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, c slag said:

A rested Rangers team is waiting in Manhattan for the Capitals tomorrow 

Oh how utterly terrifying. You realize they're next to last in the Metropolitan right now?

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

The hatred for Philly is real again. I hate every team from that City. Hopefully we get the last laugh if we meet in the playoffs, the flyers may be blowing their load a bit early. It’s funny how bad those fans hate Tom Wilson but He would be a god to them in a flyers sweater 

A win tonight will certainly help forget about last night 

Yeah Philly has always been our natural #2 rival dating back to Ron Hetxall and the 1980s. Now that they're dangerous we can hate them again. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mournblade said:

Oh how utterly terrifying. You realize they're next to last in the Metropolitan right now?

They’ve been a hot team lately tho. With Kreider and Shesterkin out though they are not as dangerous. Zibanijed and Panarin can easily take a game over though. The capitals need to respond big time tonight, but I don’t think it will be an easy game. 

3 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I keep waiting for some kind of "coaching" adjustments, but not seeing it.  Different bodies trying to do the same tired stuff is apparently the theme Reirden and Co. are going with. 

I think that only happens in the off season if it’s an early round exit. Despite our struggles lately we’re still on top of the division even though it’s just one point. I personally don’t think a major coaching change would motivate them that much more. I think they all like TR and not ready to give up on him yet. Forsythes job should be in serious jeopardy though, the PP should not be this bad with the players we have on the ice. 

• Like 1

I agree, they won't change any coaches till the offseaon. Im talking about "adjustments" though, to stuff like zone entries and PP rotation/method, defense, etc.. They don't seem to be adjusting their systems at all, just trying different line combos.. I know it's late the scrap the whole mess, but at least show me "something".. Unfortunately this group doesn't have the balls for chip/dump and chase. They loose just about every board battle, unless its the 3-4 line guys. 

• Like 1