Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Can we just take another moment to appreciate Sprong?  I had completely forgotten about his existence after we traded Djoos for him.  I figured we were getting a fringe NHL talent or career AHL type player.  Seemed like he was destined to be the preferred Healthy Scratch all season, but he just kept scoring goals whenever he was given the chance to play.  10 goals now in a shortened season and frequently scratched and getting limited ice time.

He's on pace for about 23 goals were he to play a full 82 game season.  With only 11:07 TOI/G,  and not playing on the PP.

Re: Chara on Martin:

Kill him!

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, c slag said:

I certainly hope that they keep Joe and Craig on the local cable network NBCSN,  if not,  I won't hesitate to sit next to a radio and listen to the games 

That's definitely not going to happen - NHL won't be on NBC at all anymore, and NBC is ending NBCSN altogether at the end of this year.

Question is if ESPN (or whoever is doing local games) keeps them for the local broadcasts

Just now, mammajamma said:

That's definitely not going to happen - NHL won't be on NBC at all anymore, and NBC is ending NBCSN altogether at the end of this year.

Question is if ESPN (or whoever is doing local games) keeps them for the local broadcasts

I'm pretty sure NBCSN will still exist, but just in a different form.  Just like CSN became NBCSN, NBCSN(Washington) will live on, even if not in name.  I believe Monumental Sports owns a large share of it, and you know they won't let it just disappear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm pretty sure NBCSN will still exist, but just in a different form.  Just like CSN became NBCSN, NBCSN(Washington) will live on, even if not in name.  I believe Monumental Sports owns a large share of it, and you know they won't let it just disappear.

Can we just re-brand it the original name, Home Team Sports and call it a day?

Caps look good. Better depth this year plus much better coach. Yet I have no idea how good this team actually is since they play the same teams over and over. 

I really wish the NHL just seeded all the playoff teams 1-16 this year.