Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State of the Economy Thread - “Falling inflation, rising growth give U.S. the world’s best recovery”

PleaseBlitz

4 minutes ago, Bang said:

I hate to say it, but i definitely can relate to that. Lived most of my life without much, you learn how.

~Bang

I kinda feel like it teaches you how to distinguish between what you want and what you need.

Without much? Hell yeah, been there

Without anything? Nope, always had me at a bare minimum and I managed

• Like 2

So an issue that I didn’t expect, though I guess it makes sense when you think about it.  I need to get an oil change on my diesel truck and I had to call around to 3 different places just to find one that even had oil in stock.  I wasn’t aware there was an oil shortage.

And we won’t discuss how much an oil change costs me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

So an issue that I didn’t expect, though I guess it makes sense when you think about it.  I need to get an oil change on my diesel truck and I had to call around to 3 different places just to find one that even had oil in stock.  I wasn’t aware there was an oil shortage.

And we won’t discuss how much an oil change costs me.

We’re doing a special this month.  Oil change/VA state inspection/quick wash* for $34.95.

*Synthetic oil $49.95

• Thumb up 1

Most of us lived through 2007 to 2009.  I am truly happy to have teenagers with awareness rather than babies.  15 years and we still lack real, true, solid leadership in America.  

One day there's going to be someone who rises from all this and becomes the next "FDR-like" figure.  I am not talking about policy wise, but the type of true character, honesty and transparency that speaks to a large majority of people (rather than the Trump BS).   Someone who will make America think "we should change the Constitution to give this man 3 terms".  

Our country is now being run on autopilot by the Bezos', Walton, Zuckerburg (type of) ultra wealthy class of megalomaniacs who think Americans exist to have every penny squeezed from our pockets and every ounce of energy given to making them richer.  Our politicians are happy to cater to this class becauae we have no energy to fight.  We can't avoid their influence across the entire sphere of American life.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, LD0506 said:

I kinda feel like it teaches you how to distinguish between what you want and what you need.

Without much? Hell yeah, been there

Without anything? Nope, always had me at a bare minimum and I managed

I find now that I can afford a lot of what I want is that I don't really want much. 

~Bang

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No pity. You own vehicle that costs a lot to fill it up. That’s your choice.

I didn’t expect the cost of my fuel to double in less than two years.  Whatever, my vehicle lets me have a lifestyle that is cheaper, more enjoyable, and greener than traditional living.  Just sucks seeing that amount at the pump.  Wasn’t looking for pity.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I had a quarter tank full and wanted to top off because of a trip this weekend.  It cost me $200 to fill the remaining 3/4 of the tank.

17 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I didn’t expect the cost of my fuel to double in less than two years.  Whatever, my vehicle lets me have a lifestyle that is cheaper, more enjoyable, and greener than traditional living.  Just sucks seeing that amount at the pump.  Wasn’t looking for pity.

$200? 

What the heck are you driving? A Russian tank?