Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State of the Economy Thread - “Falling inflation, rising growth give U.S. the world’s best recovery”

PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

anything prior to March 2020 was prepandemic - when people look at "prepandemic numbers" - they're looking at the months directly before, not 2+ years but whatever fits your narrative 🙄

but if you want to take the '2018 was pre pandemic' - so was 1969 so we're still not quite there yet...

Ah yes that yUge differential in a whopping .3% from now/2018 until 2019. Butt whatever fits your narrative right? 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I got my first real six string

Bought it at the five and dime.

Played it til my fingers bled, was the Summer of ‘69!

That dirty song is not about 1969. 🤭

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

But the unemployment number isn't based on the total population of the US. 

bringo-dr-steve-brule.gif

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_force_in_the_United_States#:~:text=The labor force is the,pandemic in the United States.. 😉

The U.S. labor force reached a high of 164.6 million persons in February 2020, just at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.

Edited by Captain Wiggles

21 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

And at the current rate of job growth unemployment with be at your magical 3.5% by April. 🤣

I did say we were close to the pre levels and would be there soon - I was simply saying we aren’t at the level yet though.  Not sure why you’re getting so defensive about it 🙄

20 hours ago, Larry said:

Could you be specific about what numbers you're comparing, to get your 750K number?  

Sure, the number of unemployed Americans who are eligible and counted for in the unemployment numbers.  6.5 million currently to 5.7 million pre

20 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

He used the total number of adults in Murica. 258 million. 🤭

Nope- used the numbers from the Bureau of Labor

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

37 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that .3% of 258 million is 774k. 🤣

Whatever fits your narrative right? 😉

Not sure?  You'll have to ask the Bureau of Labor that one I guess?  🤷‍♂️

image.png.0bd41be371bdd6a9a34c6f1f17d065a0.png

image.png.fa007ff3405d50fd507ced01b8ca0f0f.png

And if you actually do the math based on the 162,290,000 - the % difference in unemployment rate from current to Feb2020 is the ~750k I mentioned (or you could just look at the graphs above to show the numbers).

Edited by steve09ru
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

Not sure?  You'll have to ask the Bureau of Labor that one I guess?  🤷‍♂️

Just observing. 

If your original post had mentioned more than a number without a mention of where it came from, you wouldn't be throwing insults at people for asking you where you got it, now. 

• Thanks 1

Thinking this is the right place for this, since I think it's more about the economy than about Covid. 

Just wondering how many people who pretend to worship The Free Market think that the government needs to mandate how much money an employee is allowed to make. 

Also wondering how many who are OK with this, think that mandating a maximum pay for your job is all right. But that mandating wearing a mask or getting a flu shot equals the Holocost. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Just observing. 

If your original post had mentioned more than a number without a mention of where it came from, you wouldn't be throwing insults at people for asking you where you got it, now. 

On the other hand, he did explain his number after people essentially called him a stupid liar though… 🤔 

the economy probably isn’t as healthy as it was two years ago,  but it is still pretty good.  I don’t think it’s particularly useful to compare unemployment under Biden and trump because the situation is so different.    There are a lot of former unemployed that have taken themselves out of the labor market and therefore aren’t unemployed anymore.

But (and this isn’t what @steve09ru is saying) even if we all decide to agree president trump was the best president for the economy we ever had (he’s not) he is still the worst president we ever had. Attacking him on his economic policy is weak.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

But (and this isn’t what @steve09ru is saying) even if we all decide to agree president trump was the best president for the economy we ever had (he’s not) he is still the worst president we ever had. Attacking him on his economic policy is weak.

* scratches head

On 2/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, dfitzo53 said:

Do they fail, or is the system working exactly as intended?

They fail at this stuff all the time. Nixon to Reagan used entertainment to slip in their messages. Like just say no. 

Granted there wasn't twitter for people to complain about an episode of whatever. But in the end. Producing a clean clear simple message is something they suck at.