Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

21 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

What if Callahan really is "The Lineman Whisperer" and his greatest success will be turning Flowers into a NFL Quality OL.....and gasp....an average LT?

He...he gave up a sack...in walkthroughs. Let's manage our expectations. 

12 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm very pro just moving training camp to Ashburn. Well, I'm pro building a brand new HQ and moving it there, but that's a separate convo for another day.  But I stopped thinking having camp in some other location for a 2 weeks made any difference on what happens during the season.

Times have changed, I think the advantage and conventional wisdom of traveling for camps isnt what it used to be.  Half the league bagged that whole idea.

Move it back to Carlisle - much easier to get to and from there from the dmv.

21 hours ago, NickyJ said:

If Colt is in on the QB race, we need to be fair and include Josh Woodrum. Colt will be lucky if he lasts 2 games in the preseason.

If Colt would just quit messin around and reach out to me about some of this a2 raw milk he'd be starting week 1

Paradise Grove...its worth a Google 

well whatever happens with Williams and any other LTs, I'm rooting for Timon Parris to make the team and do well.  But you can't call a 315 OL on the Redskins after a meerkat, gonna have to start calling him Pumbaa

Jordan Reed may appear to be sharp this season, and that’s good.  But I think I know why he’s so fragile.  He looks like he doesn’t work out at all.  Hit the weight room for goodness sakes Jordan.  He has no muscle.  That’s why you’re so brittle.

15 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Jordan Reed may appear to be sharp this season, and that’s good.  But I think I know why he’s so fragile.  He looks like he doesn’t work out at all.  Hit the weight room for goodness sakes Jordan.  He has no muscle.  That’s why you’re so brittle.

He's always been like that, and it's always been hilarious to me. He just can't get any definition. Watching All or Nothing and their rookie TE Ian Thomas was just like that despite being very athletic. They just don't look like NFL studs. 

But it's not because he doesn't work out. 

SDH is one guy I think could be a tremendous player If he can stay healthy.  I loved his play in college but he’s one of the many Skins players with a history of injury that I will hold my breath while watching them play.  I’m just hoping he can make it through until opening day without getting nicked up,

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's always been like that, and it's always been hilarious to me. He just can't get any definition. Watching All or Nothing and their rookie TE Ian Thomas was just like that despite being very athletic. They just don't look like NFL studs. 

But it's not because he doesn't work out. 

You could be right.  But I’d really like to know how frequently he hits the weight room.  Look at Vernon Davis, and Adrian Peterson.  They can play forever at a high level because they take care of their bodies.  You can see it.

21 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

You could be right.  But I’d really like to know how frequently he hits the weight room.  Look at Vernon Davis, and Adrian Peterson.  They can play forever at a high level because they take care of their bodies.  You can see it.

He's been rehabbing for 4 straight years. He lives in the weight room. And the FO wouldn't have given him an extension with his injury risks if they weren't comfortable with his work ethic. 

For real, some people have bodies that just don't get very cut. It's weird. 

9 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I'm pretty sure he lifts as they all do.  Some folks don't have the propensity to show muscle or definition but are still strong.

Hail Em Up!

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's been rehabbing for 4 straight years. He lives in the weight room. And the FO wouldn't have given him an extension with his injury risks if they weren't comfortable with his work ethic. 

For real, some people have bodies that just don't get very cut. It's weird. 

Yeah, everybody can't get a Laron Landry body and how'd that work out.

Hail Em Up!

9 hours ago, BornToHail said:

Going on Saturday. For those of you who have gone before - any tips or suggestions for a good experience? TIA

Wear light clothing, bring lots of water if permitted, and have a large hat for shade. The hat thing is weird but there is no shade where the fans sit and watch and it can get brutally hot.

9 hours ago, BornToHail said:

Going on Saturday. For those of you who have gone before - any tips or suggestions for a good experience? TIA

I am here now. Ironically just ran into Bruce and chatted for 2 min.  Weather seems nice. Get there early for morning practice, I recall it gets crowded on the weekend.  Plenty of food and drink there so you don’t have to rush breakfast if you don’t want to. Like in a football game try to position your self in the center, you will see the most that way.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am here now. Ironically just ran into Bruce and chatted for 2 min.  Weather seems nice. Get there early for morning practice, I recall it gets crowded on the weekend.  Plenty of food and drink there so you don’t have to rush breakfast if you don’t want to. Like in a football game try to position your self in the center, you will see the most that way.

What did ya chat about?..

Before things get underway..I'll try to keep this short..I asked my self the other day if I were to meet Redskins players today at the age of 41 would I get all giddy like I did at the age 7??..HELL YES I WOULD!! I STILL LOVE REDSKINS FOOTBALL and all the players that make up the team!

Archived