Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

saw jay on nfl network this morning---looked in really good shape, even better than last year

sounded sharp enough, too..i was hoping he'd be in good mental shape (as good as possible working for the 'skins anyway)

i've started dozens of posts in recent times that i should let die cuz that's where i am on the team :806:

it's just the same old rut as with many---there's just no point to get hopeful, really, until there's a huge ownership/management change

or we have an inexplicable---miraculous---season that somehow makes a silk purse out of what inevitably turns out to be a pig's ear 

yeah, i got interested with haskins selection and like hearing about reed looking strong, and was even a tad excited about the idea of guice and peterson this year, but given history, reed is still "show me the season" and i wait to see ig guice is going to stay healthy

i'm a long way from hoperful for the play-offs in our division, let alone "excited" about anything....besides what i just mentioned, we still have plenty of real issues in  other areas too

4 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

I really think he should start right away. I hope he gets better fast. You guys got a star in the making I think.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

You are married to the Packers but you’re flirting with the Redskins? What the **** is wrong with you?

ThePackisback is a good guy that everybody loves, and are glad to have him around.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

ThePackisback is a good guy that everybody loves, and are glad to have him around.

WADRAIMADR..Speak for yourself..not sure if this is a joke but I find it absolutely annoying..not you, but him/her

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How could it be annoying to have a fan from another team come here, and say nothing but positive and respectful things about our team ?

Well..we're redskins fans and can give two ****s how Rodgers is doing and its annoying to me..sorry nothing to see here lol

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He doesn't come here to talk about Rodgers though. I havn't seen that. He comes in with genuine, inquisitive interest about how the Skins are doing.

Just that little Rodgers looking like his old self bit...im not trying to start anything sorry,  your absolutely right about how annoyingly generous/respectful he is lol..I've had a few convos in messaging with him.. nice person and all I guess I just see it as a bad juju thing..

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not as many as yesterday but decent size crowd

I know your traveling but when you get a chance I'm curious what you thought about Colt, since he's been back it seems like he's doing well and sneakily working him into that QB1 slot which wouldn't surprise me if he's healthy.

At least that's the way Finlay is making it sound.

28 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Just that little Rodgers looking like his old self bit...im not trying to start anything sorry,  your absolutely right about how annoyingly generous/respectful he is lol..I've had a few convos in messaging with him.. nice person and all I guess I just see it as a bad juju thing..

I just saw the one Rodgers' post you're referring to.

I just didn't take it that way, because for one, I think it was an innocent, harmless attempt at making social conversation, and not an attempt at touting his team. Also, it was actually an aberration or a sidetrack from the fact that for the most part, he contributes to the Redskins'-related conversation, and in a positive way.

I'm looking at the entirety of his posts, as well as his intentions, and not just one post.

If another team's fan came here and was disprespectful, then of course, none of the Skins fans would take that well. So on the other hand, I don't see how it can be a problem or annoying if an opposing fan is coming here respectfully, and is just genuinely trying to feed the conversation.

I don't mean to drag this on, but I felt the need to defend a person in order that they are accurately portrayed.

Sunday's Presser with Jay

I typed this up, but then realized it was from yesterday's (Saturday's) practice, not today.

So take it FWIW.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/training-camp-notes-day-3-provides-glimpse-what-redskins-offense-will-look

Receiving :

" Terry McLaurin has put together some very sweet routes and made a few key catches through three days of work. If you're looking for who's really standing out in the pass game, though, you won't find the answer on the outside. Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis are the ones really separating themselves. Reed might be having the best camp of anyone."

Nicholson Questioners :

" Montae Nicholson has a habit of finding a way to get physical with someone on every play, which Jeremy Sprinkle learned Saturday. Sprinkle made a catch and picked up some speed down the sideline but began slowing up near midfield. As he did that, Nicholson came over and gave him a nice little pop. He's been tormenting offensive players with those mini collisions often so far at camp. In other, non-random hitting news, he seems quite engaged early. As the biggest wild card in the secondary, that's encouraging."

Note : Dunbar also looking great much of the time

LG Questions :

"Wes Martin still figures to be the starting left guard come Week 1. With that being said, he's had an uneven camp thus far. He's known more for his strength than his quicks, but he's still been pushed around at times in 1-on-1s and 11-on-11s. This is where you might say, "He's a fourth-round rookie going against Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne, of course that'll happen." Well, the answer to that is he's getting ready to go up against the likes of Fletcher Cox and Akiem Hicks, so it's not going to get any easier. It's promising the Redskins finally addressed the position through the draft, but be ready for some growing pains with Martin."

Just occurred to me that one of the most important players this preseason may just be Jeremy Sprinkle. If Trent really holds out then we better have a good blocker on the QBs blindside. As we know, neither Reed nor Davis are strong blockers. Neither are really willing blockers. It may be time for a tight end who is more Donnie Warren then a wide receiver in tight end's clothing.

More, if we really are going to be a run heavy team that gives us one more reason to put the better blocking tight end on the field.

Hopefully, Sprinkle puts it all together.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@Jumbo Pretty much summed my feelings up with his post.  The Haskins dynamic adds some interest for me.  Outside of that, it’s more like a drama that I’ll continue to tune in for, but I’m all out of pre-season mojo for this organization.

I second this opinion 

If I’m in for the season, I’m in for the season.  I’m not taking days off.  I’m looking forward to preseason.  And as far as the glaring weaknesses we have.  It’s really only a few.  They just happen to be key positions.

12 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

If I’m in for the season, I’m in for the season.  I’m not taking days off.  I’m looking forward to preseason.  And as far as the glaring weaknesses we have.  It’s really only a few.  They just happen to be key positions.

Oh, you're stuck for the season, for sure.

Once you committed to the Cam Campaign, you committed to the Skins for the whole year !

Archived