Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So wait is chris Baker part of the d line coaching?...can't stress how much I enjoy seeing reed out there ballin..awesome to see 75 out there

No, but Baker still regularly follows the Skins and comments on Skins-related stuff, as he's become a fan, after being a player (during the Callahan years)

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No, but Baker still regularly follows the Skins and comments on Skins-related stuff, as he's become a fan, after being a player (during the Callahan years)

Soooo Baker was basically commenting on Callahan threw that Twitter thing?.I went over it several times..couldn't wrap my head around it.

So it would make sence for simba and mclovin to hook up on the field during game day...hopefully the coaches have some stuff drawn up specifically for the two

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Oh ya I totally knew baker still hangs around..kinda like big mike sellers..I loved that dude.

6 hours ago, carex said:

Is Flowers poor play leading to Catelina or Parris or Hance  to get more snaps?  Who's getting the most snaps at C, Bergstron, Dunn or Pierschbacher with Roullier out?

Christian on Day 2 started getting work, so he's the main guy behind Flowers at the moment.

Bergs is getting the most work at Center.

FYI to all - that was Geron Christian's son that recovered the fumble by Trey Quinn in the earlier video.

and in the other video of Manusky & Ryan, it took me a while to realize this, but they were actually impersonating fans - so they were mocking us !

I have a feeling Cally is asking Flowers to use a new technique, or approach. To try to correct for his previous shortcomings or bad habits. It's a theory, but it could explain the long leash he is getting. Basically having him push through and gain reps to learn. Former OL can maybe chime in but imagine coaches will adjust hip level hand placement.... everything imaginable. And that it is damn hard to change as one play after another DL are attacking you at full speed. OL are grossly undervalued.  Its not just a young QB whose head can spin from too many coaching changes, or fat playbooks. 

A team can be built interior first rendering the OTs not as important for the QB will always have a step up. That too may explain him not inside as yet. Incredibly he may be better at T than G.  Or, maybe Sweat is THAT good... and expecting Flowers to do well vs him is just not a reasonable expectation. Coaches know this, so he remains at LT despite poor showings.

I guess my prediction of Catalina at LT is not going to happen.

11 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I have a feeling Cally is asking Flowers to use a new technique, or approach. To try to correct for his previous shortcomings or bad habits. It's a theory, but it could explain the long leash he is getting. Basically having him push through and gain reps to learn. Former OL can maybe chime in but imagine coaches will adjust hip level hand placement.... everything imaginable. And that it is damn hard to change as one play after another DL are attacking you at full speed. OL are grossly undervalued.  Its not just a young QB whose head can spin from too many coaching changes, or fat playbooks. 

A team can be built interior first rendering the OTs not as important for the QB will always have a step up. That too may explain him not inside as yet. Incredibly he may be better at T than G.  Or, maybe Sweat is THAT good... and expecting Flowers to do well vs him is just not a reasonable expectation. Coaches know this, so he remains at LT despite poor showings.

I guess my prediction of Catalina at LT is a not going to happen.

Flower was interviewed and the above is absolutely correct. He said he's working on incorporating a skip step vs just a back step that D lineman have keyed on in the past as to direction. He said he was predictable and this step addition "should" allow him to be more unpredictable...So he is working on technique and he recognizes *some* of his faults.

At least the dude is working to improve. I hope the light bulb comes on and Cally can get Flowers turned around. What he did with scrubs was phenomenal so I do have some hope he can work with a 1st round talent (yes..a bust for now but the guy "had" shown talent). Better show soon though...I'm rooting for him

Archived