Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today: Former Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien arrested on suspicion of domestic violence

88Comrade2000

That article is really lacking information.  No witnesses or statements of violence occurring are mentioned at all, just that he and his wife were in a "grassy area" near a bank.  They both claim nothing happened, and though some women will cover for their partners, I am failing to see how a couple in a grassy area leads to suspicion of DV.  There was no mention of injuries or marks or bruising, or even that they were arguing, and they were both shown on TV, so you would think someone would have mentioned if they were any.  There is nothing to this story, at least that I've heard yet, that makes me feel that Mark shouldn't be given the full benefit of the doubt here. 

Sounds like a very weak case against him.

When I hear of CTE being linked to him, my reaction is "Why Mark, and not other QB's who were sacked and hit far more often and fiercely".

Didn't he set an NFL record that one season, for the least number of times he was sacked.

He played behind one of the greatest OL's ever. Which makes it hard to imagine him being a victim of this.

But I guess maybe all it takes is a few really hard hits.

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem that men who are genuinely violent domestically--meaning, they (for whatever reasons) use violence as a way to control or punish their spouse--these men are acting on it far earlier in life...they don't usually start when they're in their mid-50s after 35+ years of never doing so...especially when they are willing to be so brazen as to commit the act on a public street in the middle of the day.

So I'm curious if past episodes of DV start to come to the surface, maybe by friends or family members or ex-girlfriends or whatever. Otherwise, could CET actually be a valid explanation here, maybe?

17 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

Can I ask a message board releated question so I don't get in trouble in the future.  If there is news on a former\retired player that use to be a Redskin, especially if they are known for winning with us does it go in this forum or the main one. 

I presume this one, since I think they want the Stadium message board devoted to current Redskins issues and news.

Unless something big happens, like a famous Redskin player/coach passing away or something.

Archived