Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Sexual Assault Allegation against Trump

Bozo the kKklown

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12875508

Sarcasm would be that I think he should be thrown in jail without due process.  Irony is when liberals want to throw him in jail without due process in light of Trump's supporters' call to throw Hillary in jail without due process.

22 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Sarcasm would be that I think he should be thrown in jail without due process.  Irony is when liberals want to throw him in jail without due process in light of Trump's supporters' call to throw Hillary in jail without due process.

If your iq doubled, it wouldn’t change at all.

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe. Although at some point a preponderance of allegations has to become deafening. What are we up to now..about 20 or so women?

Yeah, but he's nominating anti-abortion judges, cutting taxes and protecting the border so it's all worth it...

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe. Although at some point a preponderance of allegations has to become deafening. What are we up to now..about 20 or so women?

I mean dude’s on tape saying he likes to abuse women knowing that they won’t do or say anything because he’s rich and famous. So when women speak up and say, oh yeah, that’s exactly what he did to me, it seems pretty credible. 

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

You seem to care deeply about these issues.  I can only hope you are doing something about what you view as the various wrongs that exist in our country beyond hanging out on a message board talking to guys like me.  For the record, I will be very disappointed if Donald Trump is re-elected, not the least of which is what I view as a history of treating women like chattel.

One thing I believe is dying in this country is putting real action behind passionately held beliefs. I don't mean you should quit your job and head for capitol hill (unless that's something you really want). There are plenty of groups out there that are in need of leadership, or maybe just stronger leadership. Spending your valuable time trying to debate the ins and outs of politics on a message board is akin to trying to teach your wall how to be a window.  My solemn hope is that you are not simply wasting your passion behind a keyboard.

12 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

You seem to care deeply about these issues.  I can only hope you are doing something about what you view as the various wrongs that exist in our country beyond hanging out on a message board talking to guys like me.  For the record, I will be very disappointed if Donald Trump is re-elected, not the least of which is what I view as a history of treating women like chattel.

One thing I believe is dying in this country is putting real action behind passionately held beliefs. I don't mean you should quit your job and head for capitol hill (unless that's something you really want). There are plenty of groups out there that are in need of leadership, or maybe just stronger leadership. Spending your valuable time trying to debate the ins and outs of politics on a message board is akin to trying to teach your wall how to be a window.  My solemn hope is that you are not simply wasting your passion behind a keyboard.

I’m left to assume you’re a man of action & this is not irony repeating itself. I work on my iPad ...from wherever I care to be, I can debate any topic I like while taking any action I care to invest my time in; I’ve been quite fortunate. I have not gotten into any political debates here, there is no trump supporter with any values, principles, or dignity, so a political debate would serve no purpose. I enjoy a bit of banter on the ES, but it’s all in good fun, your solemn hopes need not be so solemn, though I agree entirely with all the lies within them.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’m left to assume you’re a man of action & this is not irony repeating itself. I work on my iPad ...from wherever I care to be, I can debate any topic I like while taking any action I care to invest my time in; I’ve been quite fortunate. I have not gotten into any political debates here, there is no trump supporter with any values, principles, or dignity, so a political debate would serve no purpose. I enjoy a bit of banter on the ES, but it’s all in good fun, your solemn hopes need not be so solemn, though I agree entirely with all the lies within them.

giphy.gif

I have many people in my life that I care deeply about that depend on me for their livlihood.  That consumes my life and any true opportunity I have had to make a difference or act on issues I was passionate about.  Any window I had to make a "big" difference has now closed, and I've accepted that. To those I have the opportunity to affect on an individual basis within my time constraints, I do.  I've learned a great deal from others over the years, and been forced to place myself in the shoes of others, which is just important.

16 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

I have many people in my life that I care deeply about that depend on me for their livlihood.  That consumes my life and any true opportunity I have had to make a difference or act on issues I was passionate about.  Any window I had to make a "big" difference has now closed, and I've accepted that. To those I have the opportunity to affect on an individual basis within my time constraints, I do.  I've learned a great deal from others over the years, and been forced to place myself in the shoes of others, which is just important.

There is no greater strength/trait than empathy. The only issue with true empathy is the battle to invest it with some semblance of rationale so as not to enervate the entirety of yourself all at once ... an exhausting... overwhelmingly rewarding, benison.

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

Feel free to argue the issues, but please avoid personal insults like this from now on. 

as-you-wish-gif-15.gif

24 minutes ago, volsmet said:

There is no greater strength/trait than empathy. The only issue with true empathy is the battle to invest it with some semblance of rationale so as not to enervate the entirety of yourself all at once ... an exhausting... overwhelmingly rewarding, benison.

There are more issues with empathy than just the drain a person experiences by losing themselves in the plight of others.  Paul Bloom took things way too far, and I don't agree with his conclusions, but in doing so made some strong points about how empathy can lead to less positive outcomes for a variety of reasons. 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

There are more issues with empathy than just the drain a person experiences by losing themselves in the plight of others.  Paul Bloom took things way too far, and I don't agree with his conclusions, but in doing so made some strong points about how empathy can lead to less positive outcomes for a variety of reasons. 

Yes, he contradicts himself, he claims empathy is largely in identifying yourself, visually, in others, then states that it’s easy to manipulate the empathetic by showing them images of suffering in people who look nothing like the target audience looks. He also conflates empathy with compassion even after expressing the distinction. I really don’t think a person without empathy can teach us much about it, just as I don’t think men can teach us about the experience of women & White people cant teach us about the experience of Latinos. There is more nuance to our existence but people stop identifying what distinguishes one life from the next as soon as they’ve had a glance, the value in each of us is in what separates our experiences, but the vast majority seek the companionship of those who have similar experiences & who look similar... which Bloom mistakes for empathy, which is truly just the basic human need for companionship. 

Empathy isn’t a choice & without it our civilization would fail, imo, but if everyone was deeply empathetic ... it would be equally disastrous, if not more so. The pieces of ourselves that are empathized with by no one, don’t exist anywhere. Empathy is something every single bit of our lives gains from, but it’s difficult to sustain a connection to an entity that accompanies your most intimate pieces so nearly. The pieces of ourselves that are entirely unaccompanied are where loneliness, frustration, and turmoil build ... but when you find the connection for those lonely pieces, you create room for growth/expanding. Empathy is nearly a necessity ... not to possess it, but to have access to it. Bloom is wrong. Imho.

Archived