Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

34 minutes ago, visionary said:

I don't think he's revolutionary guard.  He's behind setting up proxy groups and terror cells around the world.  He has more actual influence on the ground than most officials, but he is not exactly loved by Iranians.

He is the leader of the revolutionary guard which also has responsibility for Iran's international terrorist efforts (They also were the ones directly involved in last years tanker bombings and the missile attack on the Saudi refinery).  The poster you were responding to doesn't know what he is talking about - Within Iran they are the most hated government group.  

Edited by nonniey

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

He is the leader of the revolutionary guard which also has responsibility for Iran's international terrorist efforts (They also were the ones thought to be directly involved in last years tanker bombings and the missile attack on the Saudi refinery.  The poster you were responding to doesn't know what he is talking about - Within Iran they are the most hated government group.  

No, the revolutionary guard is not hated.  The Iranians hate their government, but not the revolutionary guard.  There was an article about this just a few months ago.  They are seen as guardians.

There was a point in Iran, when the revolutionary guard wasn't like as much.

Anyway, I am not going to argue with you.  You know why, because if Iran retaliates, I won the argument. If they don't, you win.  If things escalate, I was right, and you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by redskins59

Think too many are wringing their hands over this - The Iranian regime is not going to commit suicide over this. They may kick up a fuss in the Persian Gulf with some mining, small boat and missile attacks and they will get smacked down similar to 1988.  This will be for show. 

Edited by nonniey

I like all the “US started a war with Iran” comments totally ignoring their long standing abhorrent behavior. Also, their is no chance we accidentally killed Soleimani... 

Iran knows what the consequences are for pushing back too directly.

Not really a huge fan of engaging in another war, especially when China and Russia are in bed with iran, but the “America Started It” line is rich.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

5 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

They're gonna greet us as liberators this time for sure!!! 

we would need to actually liberate them first....instead of watching them be tortured and slaughtered.

56 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

No, the revolutionary guard is not hated.  The Iranians hate their government, but not the revolutionary guard.  There was an article about this just a few months ago.  They are seen as guardians.

There was a point in Iran, when the revolutionary guard wasn't like as much.

Anyway, I am not going to argue with you.  You know why, because if Iran retaliates, I won the argument. If they don't, you win.  If things escalate, I was right, and you don't know what you're talking about.

My apologies - I stand corrected. 

"8. Views of Political Figures
General Soleimani remains the most popular Iranian public figure among those tested, with eight in ten viewing him favorably.  Second is Foreign Minister Zarif, viewed favorably by two thirds.   Ebrahim Raisi—who ran unsuccessfully for president in 2017 and was made the head of Iran’s judiciary in March 2019—has seen significant growth in popularity since May and is now viewed favorably by nearly two thirds.  For the first time, a little under half of Iranians view President Rouhani favorably.  Mohammad Ghalibaf, ex-mayor of Tehran—who also ran for president in 2017 but stood down in favor of Raisi—is favorably regarded by three in five.  Ex-president Ahmadinejad is seen favorably by a modest majority.  As in the past, a large majority says it expects to vote in the Majlis elections coming in February 2020.

9. Views of the Revolutionary Guard
Majorities are broadly supportive of the IRGC. Four in five say the IRGC’s activities in the Middle East have made Iran more secure—a view that has increased since May. " 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I like all the “US started a war with Iran” comments totally ignoring their long standing abhorrent behavior. Also, their is no chance we accidentally killed Soleimani... 

Iran knows what the consequences are for pushing back too directly.

Not really a huge fan of engaging in another war, especially when China and Russia are in bed with iran, but the “America Started It” line is rich.

We are getting over reactions from a lot of people. I expect that the worst that would happen are some terrorist attacks followed by counter strikes and a small scale tussle in the Persian Gulf similar to 1988.