Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

A few thoughts:

1. It's great that this guy is gone. Sounds like it was long overdue. 

2. I'm interested in learning more about why the US never went directly after him in the past. 

3. Good thing Trump has been alienating allies in Europe while Iran is very cozy with China and Russia. 

4. I want to learn more about the decision making timeline here. This just seems like too much of a wag the dog scenario but with very real blowback consequences. There is no benefit of the doubt given Trump's actions and lies over the years. Today was a very damning day regarding his impeachment. 

5. It's amazing how the Middle East is such a tangled up mess. Everyone is an enemy or an ally at some point, or so it seems. 

Dude’s been exhorting against Iranian influence and Iraqi corruption for the past few years and playing the political power broker.  This shift is uh kind of concerning.  

Edited by visionary

Iraq is at risk of becoming a pariah state, isolated from the rest of the world like Venezuela, North Korea and so on," a senior Iraqi diplomat told AFP.

Tuesday's dramatic scenes at the embassy sparked comparisons with both the 1979 hostage crisis at the US embassy in Tehran, and the deadly 2012 attack on the US consulate in Libya's second city Benghazi.

"Isolation, diplomatic and economic sanctions, the lack of trust -- this is what has happened to the Iranian, Syrian and Libyan regimes as well as the old Iraqi regime," said Iraqi expert Hisham al-Hashemi.

"The tables could turn for Iraq just like they turned for those countries."

https://news.yahoo.com/pro-iran-groups-helm-iraq-risks-becoming-pariah-032300258.html

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, visionary said:

21qcjz.jpg

40 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Man I wish we could just wipe the ME out.  Like obviously that’s not diplomatic and or realistic as you have lots of totally innocent people there but the world would be 50% safer. 

1)  I confess, I share the notion.  

2)  But I also really suspect that a big part of why the Mideast is so messed up, is because the rest of the world keeps messing with it.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

Having thoughts of wiping out the Middle East is cringeworthy. And why stop there?? Let’s just take out every place we perceive as the cause for bad stuff, which we can arbitrarily decide. 

Seriously though, we had two world wars cause of Europe, but taking out the Middle East makes us safer? It’s a ****ed up notion all the way around. Power corrupts everywhere. That’s the problem.

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1