bakedtater1

The current status of the Redskins o-line.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So flowers bombed at left tackle for the Giants and he went to the jags didn't he play Right guard there?.. and so if he's starting on a new spot at left guard maybe third time's a charm?

 

I am pretty sure he played tackle at Jacksonville too. This will be his first serious chance at guard. Not saying it will work. But has a better chance than at tackle. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear God please lord let flowers at left guard work...if he can play good there with Scherff and Chase and Trent back...good play from Moses(WITH OUT SO MANY HOLDING CALLS PLEASE!!!)skins could run the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 9:08 AM, bakedtater1 said:

Really hope things work out for Trent to stay here..I know he's getting a little long in the tooth but hoping for maybe 3 more years of his service..^^^but reading the above leaves me thinking we could be ****ed..

Man the Skins are slated to go 1-4 at best regardless if TW suits up.  The only 'Win Now' is for Jay not to get fired before the bye week.  TW doesn't have as much leverage as everyone thinks he does.  He didn't have cancer and his follow up procedures were to reduce the keloid scarring from removal of the cyst. FYI it's not a tumor when it's not cancer, it's an abnormal growth and most likely a cyst, which is normal for African genetics as the hair follicles are prone to sebaceous cysts that develop from clogged hair follicle. This whole saga about TW grievance from the medical staff sounds suspect from the perspective of the big picture.  He's got no guarantees in his contract and his skills are falling off like they do for OT his age.  He can't stay on the field.  He misses +4 games a year at this point.  Divide his current salary into 12 games and he's the highest paid OT in history still.  I'm not buying it.  He'll have to pay back 3.24M if he retires...noway that happens!  Skins aren't winning this year and everybody knows it.  TW is trying to get paid anyway he can because he's got 2 yrs left in the league and he's trying to screw everyone in the organization to get some guaranteed money knowing he's not getting another contract. As well as knowing he's likely not going to play anywhere close to 12 games in a season again.  IF he doesn't show up Week 1, they can serve him the 5 day notice just like Sua Cravens.  If he chooses to retire, then he has to write a 3.24M check to do so.  No way in hell he's doing that. If he does, so be it.  The skins will get a high draft pick in 2020 and go after Lawrence Thomas. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Dear God please lord let flowers at left guard work...if he can play good there with Scherff and Chase and Trent back...good play from Moses(WITH OUT SO MANY HOLDING CALLS PLEASE!!!)skins could run the ball.

i think you have a higher chance of getting struck by lightening than for all of that to happen.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oraphus said:

i think you have a higher chance of getting struck by lightening than for all of that to happen.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Man the Skins are slated to go 1-4 at best regardless if TW suits up.  The only 'Win Now' is for Jay not to get fired before the bye week.  TW doesn't have as much leverage as everyone thinks he does.  He didn't have cancer and his follow up procedures were to reduce the keloid scarring from removal of the cyst. FYI it's not a tumor when it's not cancer, it's an abnormal growth and most likely a cyst, which is normal for African genetics as the hair follicles are prone to sebaceous cysts that develop from clogged hair follicle. This whole saga about TW grievance from the medical staff sounds suspect from the perspective of the big picture.  He's got no guarantees in his contract and his skills are falling off like they do for OT his age.  He can't stay on the field.  He misses +4 games a year at this point.  Divide his current salary into 12 games and he's the highest paid OT in history still.  I'm not buying it.  He'll have to pay back 3.24M if he retires...noway that happens!  Skins aren't winning this year and everybody knows it.  TW is trying to get paid anyway he can because he's got 2 yrs left in the league and he's trying to screw everyone in the organization to get some guaranteed money knowing he's not getting another contract. As well as knowing he's likely not going to play anywhere close to 12 games in a season again.  IF he doesn't show up Week 1, they can serve him the 5 day notice just like Sua Cravens.  If he chooses to retire, then he has to write a 3.24M check to do so.  No way in hell he's doing that. If he does, so be it.  The skins will get a high draft pick in 2020 and go after Lawrence Thomas. 

Sooooo whhhhhaaaaat yoooooouuuuuuurrrrrrre reaaaaaaaaallllllyyyyy trying to say is send Trent packing?

Thank God the car wasn't damaged ^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Sooooo whhhhhaaaaat yoooooouuuuuuurrrrrrre reaaaaaaaaallllllyyyyy trying to say is send Trent packing?

Thank God the car wasn't damaged ^^^^

yup...I'd trade him to NE for a second rounder if possible.  Maybe wait until some contending team has their LT go down before week 1 and ship him off to play the last 2 declining years somewhere else.  Only saying this because he can't stay healthy and he's holding everyone hostage.  Time to ship his ass off.  No reason not too.  They're nowhere close to winning right now and need to rebuild the OL.  TW and Moses are not anchoring anything at this point.  I think Moses is serviceable and plays hurt most the time...so RT is second to LT issue.  They've got decent prospects for LG, C, RG but need two OT's in 2020.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor Mill has GB cutting Bryan Bulaga as a aging cap casualty.  They can pickup some OT's from cuts and get a second or high 3rd round prospect pick for TW trade, then pull the trigger.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current situation leads me to believe that it will be prudent to keep Haskins on the bench for safety reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, TheShredder said:

Rumor Mill has GB cutting Bryan Bulaga as a aging cap casualty.  They can pickup some OT's from cuts and get a second or high 3rd round prospect pick for TW trade, then pull the trigger.

giphy.gif

There is zero talk on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 9:31 AM, MEANDWARF said:

Current situation leads me to believe that it will be prudent to keep Haskins on the bench for safety reasons.

 

What about Case, don't we care about his well being too??! 

 

If the OL situation is really that dire, it won't take long for Haskins to be next man up anyways.

 

A QB with a quick release can mitigate an awful lot of the dangers we know are coming, regardless if Trent reports or not.  Does Haskins have a quick release? He won't need to be Dan Marino.

 

 

 

Edited by RandyHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

 

What about Case, don't we care about his well being too??! 

 

 

 

He's a rental car, and we bought insurance.

Haskins is bought, paid for, and he's ours for the long run.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 4:12 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Jonathan Cooper just signed with the Raiders to be their starting LG.

He actually played well for a street pickup.

Not sayin he could have become a starter for us, but good depth for sure.

 

He shoulda been in the mix here, IMO.  Woulda preferred him over trying to make something of Flowers at LG.  Cooper acquitted himself well when he was in there.  Seemed like a no brainer to bring him back considering it was a low investment.  Maybe the market developed beyond where they were comfortable considering he's an injury risk.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

 

What about Case, don't we care about his well being too??! 

 

If the OL situation is really that dire, it won't take long for Haskins to be next man up anyways.

 

A QB with a quick release can mitigate an awful lot of the dangers we know are coming, regardless if Trent reports or not.  Does Haskins have a quick release? He won't need to be Dan Marino.

 

 

 

Well we'll have no run game because of no OL, and no TE that can block.

Our WR are still a huge question mark.

 

Hopefully D will be great and Hopkins will be able to kick 80 yarders... so we can win games 6-3.

 

Trent is holding out, Left Guard is unknown. Scherff is not extended yet and probably won't before end of season, and Moses will play on 3 bad ankles/knees/elbows/shoulders/hammy/whatever...

 

We're in for a huge ride guys! This guy will be throwing balls in regular games by week 8.

 

skinsneedthreeqbs.jpg?itok=JBd-0aoe

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well we'll have no run game because of no OL, and no TE that can block.

Our WR are still a huge question mark.

 

Hopefully D will be great and Hopkins will be able to kick 80 yarders... so we can win games 6-3.

 

Trent is holding out, Left Guard is unknown. Scherff is not extended yet and probably won't before end of season, and Moses will play on 3 bad ankles/knees/elbows/shoulders/hammy/whatever...

 

 

I posted this in the Trent thread, but I am hoping and cheering for Parris to emerge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Imagine if both Trent and Scherff sit out in protest. FML, and short the Skins.

 

We need Martin to pan out. Trent to report. Everyone to stay healthy. I feel like a hybrid TE would be better than 2 pure hands TEs and 1 pure blocking TE.   I suspect Sprinkle has untapped hands but until we see them, he is a just a blocking TE. But not a world beater so... more of a dual threat guy may help the OL and offense do their thing.  What's Tom Compton up to? Don't say bagging.

 

 

Edited by RandyHolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Imagine if both Trent and Scherff sit out in protest. FML, and short the Skins.

 

 

But technically we'd still have a better O-line than what we fielded for much of the last 2 seasons !

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skins drafted two good OL in this years draft.  Unfortunately neither can play T. I actually liked Martin a lot in college. He should win the job at LG. Lets hope Christian takes some real strides this year or we are screwed royally.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Skins drafted two good OL in this years draft.  Unfortunately neither can play T. I actually liked Martin a lot in college. He should win the job at LG. Lets hope Christian takes some real strides this year or we are screwed royally.

 

Injuries may be the royal screw job, but we won a game last year with our patchwork OL - the Jags week 15.  So there is hope! Bah who am I kidding.

 

I heard speculation that Trent got Bent that we drafted Christian, but I am not sure I have ever heard a top tier player getting upset at a project taken as his position. A position of numerous injuries, a position set to lose the top backup, and a position that every team has backups for. What about RG3 and Cousins taken in the same draft. Suck it up buttercup.

 

My money is on Catalina to be our starting LT.

 

Catalina Martin Chase BS Moses

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Skins drafted two good OL in this years draft.  Unfortunately neither can play T.

 

 

I think we cross-train all or most of our linemen. Or at least attempt to, depending if they have the frame. Because that's usually how our roster usually ends up, with a bunch of guys who can play multiple positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With OL'men in camp, it would appear that we could see Penn LT, Flowers LG, Roullier C, Scherff RG, Moses RT.  

That makes the most sense right now if Bill Callahan can make the most out of Flowers at LG. 

Here's a fact for that cause in the form of a Question...amongst that group, who is the fastest????

 

Morgan Moses            40 yd time     5.35

Brandon Scherff         40 yd time     5.05

Chase Roullier             40 yd time     5.54

Ereck Flowers                40 yd time     5.31 

Donal Penn                  40 yd time     5.05

 

 

 

Edited by TheShredder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

 

So, if Bill can get Flowers transitioned to LG by week 1, he very well may be a huge asset in the running game being the fastest OL'men. 

 

 

I think it's more likely Callahan has Martin ready by Week 1.

Also I have this feeling that Thornton makes the team, and/or Flowers does not.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I think it's more likely Callahan has Martin ready by Week 1.

Also I have this feeling that Thornton makes the team, and/or Flowers does not.

Wes Martin is strong but slow.  Probably not getting much help when Wes is the guard pulling to the right.  Not great for the running game which likely they'd have to lean on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Wes Martin is strong but slow.  Probably not getting much help when Wes is the guard pulling to the right.  Not great for the running game which likely they'd have to lean on. 

 

Actually Gruden commented the exact opposite.

Said he was actually surprised how fast Martin was as a pulling Guard.

 

"Wes? I think what we’ve learned a little bit, he’s a lot more athletic than we thought. He can pull; he’s pulling very well. As a character, we knew he was a grade A character. There's no issue there. Now it’s just a matter of getting him acclimated to the speed of the game, the stunts, the movement, how to adjust to certain blocking schemes to different fonts and looks. He’s been very good so far."

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.