Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The current status of the Redskins o-line.

bakedtater1

36 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The trust and goodwill from playing two clean, decent games gets wiped out when you fumble four times and throw three picks.  Keenum can never play like that again.  We can't have a vet placeholder QB single-handedly lose games for us like he did in that one.

I see why you didn't agree with me, your delusional. Case was bad but, he didn't lose the game by himself. If and when we could ever field a defense that could just do basic stuff , like cover RB, tackle , and get off the field on 3rd downs. Maybe we could win games when our QB is having a bad game. 

Check the tape of Scherff, he looked lost. missing multiple assignments. 

Why can't our OL handle stunts?  I mean sure the guys on D get paid too but I would like to think our defense would try it if no OL is expected to always stop stunts.

Our run game is pathetic. Even AP looked like Prime time Perine for a moment there.  It's just CT running from pass looks, ok and on short yardage.

Callahan isn't very good. He has had more than enough time, and has been given enough talent, to be mediocre running the ball. It's all about the system. With a system in place, backs become largely interchangeable.  We have no system, we don't have identity.... we just have CT on 3rd and long, and AP jump cuts. With no jump in his step we don't even have that.  Oh, and Sims jet sweeps now.

They have ignored the most important part of a team for way too long. They would rather draft RB WR than draft a line anyone could run thru. First round draft picks should be maulers on the line offense or defense. You can fill in the draft with RB WR in the later rounds. Let's not forget it's a game of inches.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The trust and goodwill from playing two clean, decent games gets wiped out when you fumble four times and throw three picks.  Keenum can never play like that again.  We can't have a vet placeholder QB single-handedly lose games for us like he did in that one.

Good point and I agree and I'm not a big Case Keenum lover or anything but you ever think Drew Brees or Tom Brady have a bad day yes case cannot have another game like that it was horrible seeing those turnovers but I'm willing to give him a pass against that Bears defense if we see it continue into the first half of the Giants game I want to see Haskins start second half..

IMO, Monday night was a cyclical disaster.  The Bears secondary covered well for the most part, which made Case hold the ball (particularly after giving up a pick 6), and the oline couldn’t usually hold out for any real length of time.  Oline also allowed quick pressures which lead to Case throwing under duress and therefore inaccurately (and into coverage).  

Can’t imagine the mental difficulties with feeling like you need to be really careful with your reads after the pick 6 (and other throws), while also feeling the need to get the ball out really quickly.  One thing I didn’t see him do well at all was looking off the safeties.  

Case and the oline both played poorly, no doubt.  Atrocious might be a better descriptor for Case.  Keenum obviously looked the worst because he’s the one with the ball in his hands (until he put it in the Bears’ hands).  I think Keenum has a much better game (though probably still a few big mistakes) with a good oline though.  

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

When you're asking your placeholder QB to manage the game like he's a franchise QB, this is the result you're gonna get. 

If you told anyone that you were going to trust Case Keenum to throw 40+ times a game, they wouldn't be shocked by outcomes like this. 

More shocking was the week 1 performance, where he outplayed expectations based upon his career.   

IMO, the bright side is that the left side isn’t playing too badly and there’s still a lot of room to grow as they get used to playing together.  Flowers has extra room to grow of course being new to the position.  

The downside is Moses is struggling (and wasn’t very good to begin with), Scherff isn’t playing great, the scheming is suspect, and Christian and Bergstrom don’t fill me with any sort of confidence if we have to rely on them.

Add to that facing tough defenses, AP missing some lanes, Case struggling with pressure, and an inability to count on the defense and it’s tough sledding for the oline.  

Archived