Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, carex said:

we were talking about Scherff at this point

I mean, same difference.

If he doesn’t want to re-sign, are we going to franchise tag a guard?

If they KNOW he’s not going to re-sign, you need to try to get something for him. Now. If there is some thought there’s a good chance he re-signs you may take the risk. But the money they’d have to pay him on the tag or on a deal is going to be nuts. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t come back and we were left with a comp. pick. Not to mention that, literally, 3/5 of our starting OL are free agents after this year. Plus all of our quarterbacks not named Haskins or... Smith. Plus all of our running backs that have actually played in games. 

The team has shown that they don’t use the tag efficiently. The Cousins situation was a mess. I don’t want a repeat. 

And nothing says Scherff signs it, either. So then we’d have two of our OL sitting out because they don’t want to play a down for this team.

Feels good, man.

Just now, KDawg said:

I mean, same difference.

If they KNOW he’s not going to re-sign, you need to try to get something for him. Now. If there is some thought there’s a good chance he re-signs you may take the risk. But the money they’d have to pay him on the tag or on a deal is going to be nuts. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t come back and we were left with a comp. pick. Not to mention that, literally, 3/5 of our starting OL are free agents after this year. Plus all of our quarterbacks not named Haskins or... Smith. Plus all of our running backs that have actually played in games. 

The team has shown that they don’t use the tag efficiently. The Cousins situation was a mess. I don’t want a repeat. 

And nothing says Scherff signs it, either. So then we’d have two of our OL sitting out because they don’t want to play a down for this team.

Feels good, man.

we'll trade Trent in the offseason .  A guard we want is unlikely to pull the same **** a QB we were questionable on.

56 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean, same difference.

Feels good, man.

B97030FB-7400-4F89-B266-F71432D9DD0D.gif

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So we can rule out Solder going to the Browns since La Canfora tweeted it. Not that this means anything to the Redskins, but we know his accuracy on these things is pretty bad. It is a shame that they won't deal Williams to the Browns. They are headed to finish with what will be a mid round draft pick at worst. Imagine what you could do with a top 5 pick AND another pick in the teens. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I mean, same difference.

Feels good, man.

Brian Orakpo, the last franchise player we tagged didn't work out horribly.  He got hurt, but that meant we got to keep a guy we thought we wanted but weren't stuck with a long term contract after that. 

And there are non exclusive franchise tags. he can negotiate or we can work out a trade.

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's really silly when all the media and everyone in an NFL organization let alone most fans that follow the NFL know that we can get much more now than in the offseason.  

Hello Everyone....Been paying attention to the forum for the last several years...decided to sign up....I have a different view on most issues Skins related.

Looking forward to a good debate....To get a sense where I'm coming from, I don't want Snyder to sell the team...In fact, I want the old Snyder to return.

I'm not a Bruce Allen fan, per se, but I don't think he's been the reason we have mostly failed the past 10 years....look forward to expanding on this on other threads.

In regards to Trent, Bruce is doing exactly the right thing...unless Trent shows up before week 10...If there isn't a Tunsil or Jalen Ramsey type deal available right now; what's the point in trading him?     More teams will be interested in the off-season...for example; why would Denver trade for him now?

11 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

Hello Everyone....Been paying attention to the forum for the last several years...decided to sign up....I have a different view on most issues Skins related.

Looking forward to a good debate....To get a sense where I'm coming from, I don't want Snyder to sell the team...In fact, I want the old Snyder to return.

I'm not a Bruce Allen fan, per se, but I don't think he's been the reason we have mostly failed the past 10 years....look forward to expanding on this on other threads.

In regards to Trent, Bruce is doing exactly the right thing...unless Trent shows up before week 10...If there isn't a Tunsil or Jalen Ramsey type deal available right now; what's the point in trading him?     More teams will be interested in the off-season...for example; why would Denver trade for him now?

We have an asset that will become increasingly less unique as the market becomes increasingly saturated with options.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

We have an asset that will become increasingly less unique as the market becomes increasingly saturated with options.

I disagree with this....quality LT's rarely hit free agency....You can overpay average ones like Nate Solder...The demand will be much greater than the supply.

Fortunately for us; We'll be in good position to draft Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs.

On the other hand, We would be crazy not to trade Kerrigan in the next week.

30 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

I disagree with this....quality LT's rarely hit free agency....You can overpay average ones like Nate Solder...The demand will be much greater than the supply.

Fortunately for us; We'll be in good position to draft Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs.

On the other hand, We would be crazy not to trade Kerrigan in the next week.

The demand will always be greater than the supply, but the supply is about to increase dramatically while the demand diminishes. 

27 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

Is it harder to find a quality LT mid season, or during FA/draft time?

Wouldn‘t a second 1st rounder make our HC vacancy more attractive?  (Ditto a new GM, but I’m not holding my breath there.)

Isn‘t it better for a team to get the extra 9 or 10 games this year in terms of value for their traded pick?

Wouldn’t it be better to get the drama over with?

Wouldn’t it be nice to not keep checking this thread for updates?

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Several teams need Trent in order to compete for a title this year, nobody needs him again until they’re out of options. 

Options : Need : Time 

Each moves against us in the offseason. 

Several teams need Trent now....at least 8 teams will need him in the off-season...Like I said; not trading him now only makes sense if he doesn't show up before week 10....if he does then Bruce really messed up.

If at least 8 teams need a LT, where are the options besides Trent?    Well probably draft one of those options.....I think you have a better chance of getting more in return when more teams are bidding.    

We also don't know what the Browns are offering right now so it's hard to rip Bruce.

1 minute ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

Several teams need Trent now....at least 8 teams will need him in the off-season...Like I said; not trading him now only makes sense if he doesn't show up before week 10....if he does then Bruce really messed up.

If at least 8 teams need a LT, where are the options besides Trent?    Well probably draft one of those options.....I think you have a better chance of getting more in return when more teams are bidding.    

We also don't know what the Browns are offering right now so it's hard to rip Bruce.

No one will need him in the offseason, you are drastically discounting several variables, imo. When you eliminate urgency, you lose value. 

37 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Is it harder to find a quality LT mid season, or during FA/draft time?

Wouldn‘t a second 1st rounder make our HC vacancy more attractive?  (Ditto a new GM, but I’m not holding my breath there.)

Isn‘t it better for a team to get the extra 9 or 10 games this year in terms of value for their traded pick?

Wouldn’t it be better to get the drama over with?

Wouldn’t it be nice to not keep checking this thread for updates?

A new coach/Gm will know they will get a good return prior to the draft...doesn't have to be today.

Would a team give up more for Trent if they have him for 24 games or 32?     I want a bidding war...right now it's just the Browns it seems.

In terms of OTs this upcoming draft is loaded we shall seize this opportunity by trading TW asap. I believe his trade value will drop during the offseason. I still  can't believe the Texans sold their house for Tunsil !, and we did nothing. :stop:

Just now, volsmet said:

No one will need him in the offseason, you are drastically discounting several variables, imo. When you eliminate urgency, you lose value. 

If we were talking about any other position besides LT, QB, Pass Rusher, I would agree with you....there will always be high demand for a great LT.

I'm surprised there isn't a "trade Kerrigan" thread..or maybe I missed it....he's the guy that needs to be dealt in the next week...Complete stupidity if we keep him....one of the most overrated players in the NFL, IMO.   But I bet he has value..If Sanu can fetch a 2nd rounder; We could get at least that for Kerrigan.

3 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

If we were talking about any other position besides LT, QB, Pass Rusher, I would agree with you....there will always be high demand for a great LT.

Absolutely, but the urgency is eliminated, the pressure alleviated, & emotion diminished. Taking advantage of the sweet hopium running through the veins of contending GMs is something we lose when the deadline passes. The closer the playoffs get, the less rational the decision making process becomes for contenders.

I certainly hope that you & @Califan007 are right.

3 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

I'm surprised there isn't a "trade Kerrigan" thread..or maybe I missed it....he's the guy that needs to be dealt in the next week...Complete stupidity if we keep him....one of the most overrated players in the NFL, IMO.   But I bet he has value..If Sanu can fetch a 2nd rounder; We could get at least that for Kerrigan.

There is no thread about him because he is, ostensibly, still playing for us, but many here agree with you. 

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Absolutely, but the urgency is eliminated, the pressure alleviated, & emotion diminished. Taking advantage of the sweet hopium running through the veins of contending GMs is something we lose when the deadline passes. The closer the playoffs get, the less rational the decision making process becomes for contenders.

I certainly hope that you & @Califan007 are right.

There is no thread about him because he is, ostensibly, still playing for us, but many here agree with you. 

Let me ask you a few questions...

1) Are the Browns a contender?   Why would a 2-4 team give up a haul for Trent? 

2) After the Browns miss the playoffs, don't you think they will be even more desperate in the off-season?   plus they would get Trent for two full years.

3) How about the Broncos?   Elway likes to deal with us...Garrett toilet Bolles makes Stephon Heyer look like Joe Jacoby....You think Elway will want to draft another OT in the 1st round or will he be desperate for a pro bowl veteran?

4) How about the Bucs?   They may need to draft a QB in the 1st round....they definitely need a LT.

5) How about the Rams?    They don't have the 1st round picks, but they are super aggressive..and obviously the McVay connection...could be a combo of picks and players

Archived