Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Lol Bruce

I was just about to post the same.  I don't mind asking for the moon if there is an end game to it.  In other words, they strike a deal.    As Cooley though (and he even says he likes Bruce) likes to say, Bruce likes to negotiate with a ridiculous price tag (he referred to his own negotiation) and hopes to get the other side napping.   

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just about to post the same.  I don't mind asking for the moon if there is an end game to it.  In other words, they strike a deal.    As Cooley though (and he even says he likes Bruce) likes to say, Bruce likes to negotiate with a ridiculous price tag (he referred to his own negotiation) and hopes to get the other side napping.   

Yeah, the problem is that the "end game" is likely us trading him for a 3rd this offseason, with Bruce puffing his chest out and patting himself on the back for "not setting a bad precedent by caving to Trent's demands".

Paulsen just talking on air about how embarrassing it must be to deal with Bruce in a negotiation like that. 

He also said he talked to his sources last night at Redskins Park and was told they want a first rounder and or a playmaker for Trent.  The playmaker though is what they are hot about (echoing Keims point), someone who can help them now.  He also was told they didn't think a deal would go down.

Hopefully Finlay is right where he was told a deal happens.  Or maybe things have changed from last night. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I can only imagine how anxious Trent is right now.  Or, let's be blunt, maybe not... 

Trent has probably made it clear to his agent where he'd go. 

Problem here being we don't want players who might actually help us WIN games this year. Can we trade for them and put them straight on IR :rofl89:

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, the problem is that the "end game" is likely us trading him for a 3rd this offseason, with Bruce puffing his chest out and patting himself on the back for "not setting a bad precedent by caving to Trent's demands".

or lying and saying that's exactly what was offered before the trading deadline.

I am starting though to see why the off season doesn't bother them that much.  If they are as hopped up if not more on getting a player in return as opposed to a draft pick -- the odds that you can get a player in a one on one type of deal is probably decent.  I think what is more difficult would be getting a high draft pick.

If the goal of a trading partner is to get a player who can help them win now -- why would a team who is trying to win now during this season want to give up another established player who is helping them win?   Only reason why they would is they'd value the gain of Trent to significantly offset the loss of the player they give up.

I personally by a mile would much prefer pick/picks.  But if they are hopped up on getting a player than the off season might work as well as in season. 

The Browns should still be players being that the AFC is not very good and their remaining schedule is Broncos, Bills, Steelers twice, Dolphins, Bengals twice, Cardinals, and Ravens.

I could see them winning 7 or 8 of their last 9 if they can get some protection.

Why would this dumpster fire, embarrassing, joke of a team want players that can 'help them win now'?   They aren't winning anything for the next 2 to 3 years, at a bare minimum.  And that's if they started a true, appropriate rebuilding effort today.  The overwhelming incompetence of this front office is nothing short of astounding.  

Can a reporter please stand up and straight up ask bruce wtf he is doing?  SERIOUSLY.  HOW DOES DAN NOT SEE HOW BADLY BRUCE RUNS THIS TEAM?  I am so dumbfounded anymore.  How have we come to this as a franchise? HOW?!  If you would have traded him months ago we wouldn't even have this freaking problem.  You got NOTHING for cousins, you over traded and over paid for Smith and Case and now this? Give me a freaking break

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

They got 50 million draft picks, they can afford trading a 5th.  i like it.  I am guessing that's about the X. Howard injury.  Dolphins please win some games!

Looks like it's the Rams trading away a 5th.  The compensation from the Dolphins' end has yet to be disclosed.  I'm guessing it's higher than a 5th though.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Looks like it's the Rams trading away a 5th.  The compensation from the Dolphins' end has yet to be disclosed.  I'm guessing it's higher than a 5th though.

OK doubt its much higher.  It's being depicted as a salary dump from the Rams.  Dolphins have plenty of cap room. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Wow looks like the Dolphins just get a pick for taking on the salary

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK doubt its much higher.  It's being depicted as a salary dump from the Rams.  Dolphins have plenty of cap room. 

Wow looks like the Dolphins just get a pick for taking on the salary

Would they be interested in Norman too? Probably only need to include a 7th for that...

Archived