Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

53 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Allen was going to get paid 10 million on his 5th year option regardless of whether he was signed or not or injured or not. Terry Mcclaurins entire 4 year contract was for less than 4 million and hes making less than 3 this season. Terry has a lot more to risk if he were to get injured than Allen did. Its an entirely different situation. ask yourself in his shoes what would you do if you had 50-60 million dollars on the line

Understood but a contract is a contract.  Things like this crap didn't happen in the NFL in the good ole days.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Understood but a contract is a contract.  Things like this crap didn't happen in the NFL in the good ole days.  

Heres my thing if terry signed a new big deal two years ago and then started holding out this offseason cause he was mad that hes not the highest paid anymore then yes im fully 100% on board with you. But with terrys deal hes VASTLY underpaid and might only have one shot at securing a big contract. If he shows up and gets hurt before he gets that new contract he will never ever get that money back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Things like this crap didn't happen in the NFL in the good ole days.  

“Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody’s shoes.

Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who’d missed an assignment.

And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done.”

Those good ole days?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

@Skinsinparadiseheres our chance to help Terry get his deal despite Dans problems 🤣

that's hilarious. 

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

I said we'd sign him by June 15th. I was wrong.  I think @Skinsinparadise is spot on with the Breer report.  That and Allen was resigned on July 26th so late July makes sense.  The thing that doesn't look good for Terry is that he's holding out and under contract where Allen did not hold out under contract (i.e, regardless of years left), and Allen was a 1st round draft pick.  You honor a contract that you sign.  Those that don't I lose a bit of respect for.  Terry M is good, and we all know that, but YOU MUST honor your contract.  Food for thought.  My 2 cents. 

My guess is they get this done sooner considering the suggestion that multiple reporters have said Terry's side is disgruntled by the delay leading up to recently in the negotiation.  And I believe they realize how important Terry is to this team. 

Although like I've said if I am Terry's agent I'd actually welcome the delay considering it put more money in Terry's pocket. 

• Like 1

Giving ourselves a chance with the Wentz trade only to shoot ourselves in the foot by mishandling the contract of the guy who could help unlock him in McLaurin would be SO us, but I won’t believe we’re this incompetent until I see it. (I know, I know. It should be the assumption at this point)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'll stick to Ron and the beat guys said from the jump of the off season they will punt on the Terry contract until the summer.  Clearly, that happened.  That exact same group also expected that when they get to the summer, the deal would get done including Keim on both points.   So I'll buy that too unless other information surfaces that alludes to something different. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Catching up with Keim's podcast from yesterday.

On Terry the only few points that adds a little twist but not much to my thoughts were

A. He suspects the pace of the negotiation is part of Terry's side frustration.  I've heard this now from multiple reporters where I buy it and i assume it coming from Terry's agent.  But I don't get the frustration on their end considering they will make more money because of that slow pace.

B. Mentioned he believes the hangup isn't just directly about the average year salary but other things.  Other things?  Wonder if its length of contract or more likely want more guarantees?

C.  He did mention that the team needs to understand that the WR market has moved since the beginning of the year.  He doesn't say they do or don't on that front but Keim rarely throws out points for no reason.  That point is consistent with Lombardo's report about them being stuck on numbers before the market exploded.

Still with all of that he thinks they get it done because they have to get it done.  Me, too.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

This is why I stopped watching league-sponsored shows--both MLB and NFL. They have ex-players and fans constantly schilling for their teams--it's annoying (I can't tell you the number of idiot Mets fans on MLB shows--no team has done less to get that much coverage, ever). Oh, and they want to send McLaurin to the Colts for QB stability? Really? Maybe do a bit of research first?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is why I stopped watching league-sponsored shows--both MLB and NFL. They have ex-players and fans constantly schilling for their teams--it's annoying (I can't tell you the number of idiot Mets fans on MLB shows--no team has done less to get that much coverage, ever). Oh, and they want to send McLaurin to the Colts for QB stability? Really? Maybe do a bit of research first?

Yeah that really kinda rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. The Butler one to Indy probably bugged me the most because while he doesn’t work for Indy I highly doubt he doesn’t have close relationships with people in the building so when does it become tampering? 

• Like 1

for me, if mclaurin isn't signed long-term by the time training camp opens, that's when I'll get worried. does my lack of worrying have to do with jon allen and logan thomas getting contract extensions last summer at training camp eve/morning of training camp? yeah. but, until then, I'm not getting worried :) 

Watch Rons body swaying side to side as he talks about wanting to keep Terry. Usually an indication that he is nervous and trying to relieve stress. I really think he is worried that they may not be able to sign him or he is worried the backlash the team is getting from us fans. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Watch Rons body swaying side to side as he talks about wanting to keep Terry. Usually an indication that he is nervous and trying to relieve stress. I really think he is worried that they may not be able to sign him or he is worried the backlash the team is getting from us fans. 

I find it more so an annoyance. He probably gets that same question every single day (he has). It's mini-camp and as a coach being asked about your star WR every chance the media gets would annoy the crap out of me.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

I find it more so an annoyance. He probably gets that same question every single day (he has). It's mini-camp and as a coach being asked about your star WR every chance the media gets would annoy the crap out of me.

He is the head of this organization and should understand he is going to be asked about Terry every day!  You may be annoyed by it but that’s the job. If Ron doesn’t understand then get the hell out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

He is the head of this organization and should understand he is going to be asked about Terry every day!  You may be annoyed by it but that’s the job. If Ron doesn’t understand then get the hell out. 

lol who said he doesn't understand it's the job....? he can both understand it AND be annoyed by it at the same time, you know. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

The thing is he does understand and he gives the media an answer every day. Just pointing out that it's not nervousness but more so an annoyance is contrary to what Ron thinks.

43 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

So than sign him. Quit talking about and do it. 

I think this thing gets ugly. Terry has all the leverage. I think he forces a trade. Terry can demand any number he really wants within reason. Like 27 mil. His camp knows that the team needs a win in PR.