Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Massive fire engulfs Paris Notre Dame Cathedral

ixcuincle

12 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

The frame dated from 1220. Last year I made sure Notre Dame restoration program was high in my last will.

Edit: the frame was called the forest, because each beam was made in an oak tree. Number of beams = number of oak trees used.

Edited by FrFan
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, FrFan said:

The frame dated from 1220. Last year I made sure Notre Dame restoration program was high in my last will.

Edit: the frame was called the forest, because each beam was made in an oak tree. Number of beams = number of oak trees used.

I just read that 13,000 oak trees were used from the 1200s...imagine that!! That building was 3x older than our nation! 

• Like 1

I'm going to Europe (1st time ever leaving the country) this summer in August, and Paris is the first stop. I was looking forward to seeing Notre Dame and now I won't. I'm way more devastated about this than I should be but this is a terrible loss from any perspective be it Historical, Architectural, Religious, Cultural, Tourism, and last but not least any life that may be lost fighting the fire.

I don't have the words...

Wow, this is shocking. 
I wonder what caused it? i am sure once it began, centuries of waxes and shellacs are just fueling it right along.

also, i know trump is a ..   but WTF is he supposed to say? Pick your spots, hammering him over that is just bad form.

~Bang

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Bang said:

Wow, this is shocking. 
I wonder what caused it? i am sure once it began, centuries of waxes and shellacs are just fueling it right along.

also, i know trump is a ..   but WTF is he supposed to say? Pick your spots, hammering him over that is just bad form.

~Bang

D4OMxPeXkAABH8M.jpg:large

20 minutes ago, visionary said:

firefighters talking about firefighting..

Well, OK, but i don't think that anyone was actually going to listen to Trump's suggestion.
in this he's also just a person sitting there watching something shocking unfold and chatting. Granted we can all hope for more, but overall, this wasn't one of his usual hateful gaffes. 

As i said,, dude up above who clowned him acts like he really believes the firefighters are just laying around.

This isn't a battle to pick, it makes them look petty and small.

@FrFan i am very sorry and feel for you and your country. Truly a shocking event.

~John

46 minutes ago, Bang said:

Wow, this is shocking. 

~Bang

There are actually helicopters that dump large buckets of water to help fight forest fires and C-130s that drop retardant but when someone posts as much tomfoolery as our Boy, he doesn't get much rope ;-]

• Like 1